Page 1 of 62 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Default Tennis

The official tennis discussion thread!

We got 2 goats going at it in the middle of Saturday night AO Final, Nadal vs Djokovic. I will have to set an alarm for it because 2 years back I swore I was gonna stay up for it and I fell asleep 5 mins before it started and woke up to Roger saving a break point to finish off Rafa Both are playing great, but this is Djokovic's best slam. Rafa is the underdog, but I hope they can have an arrangement to let Rafa win AO and Nole can take FO, both will have a double career slam. But arrangements are not to be trusted, maybe Djokovic will give Rafa a win on Sunday and Rafa gets greedy and doesn't give up his stranglehold on Clay

Also, 2 women that are easy to root for in the Finals. Kvitova back from getting her fingers mangled in that robbery and Osaka. She's so damn cute and easy to root for. Of course when she won at USO last year, she got boo'ed and so much controversy.

Anyways, excited for these finals hope they aren't disappointments.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 09-06-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Default Re: The Tennis Discussion Thread

yeah was looking for the other thread and saw it was deleted .. both solid match ups .. I don't know who to root for in the women's .. nadal all the way in the men's .. djokovic looked unplayable last night .. I thought nadal looked scary good in the semi and then djokovic played his .. gonna be a great match

Wow Naomi's meltdown She had 3 championship points up 5-3 and now we're tied a set So much heart from Kvitova

Dunno why I'm up... lol

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Wow Naomi's meltdown She had 3 championship points up 5-3 and now we're tied a set So much heart from Kvitova

Dunno why I'm up... lol
    Australian times are brutal

Why the **** is Jeff deleting the tennis topic? Maybe have a forum that's in this century, and you will make more money rather than to look save for everything

I can't find the football (soccer) one either

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    Australian times are brutal
    definitely. Although I fell asleep watching that Rockets Raptors game. Could not handle all the free throws

Woke up 30 mins before this match and thought why not just watch, it could be great. Lo and behold, this one might be a classic

Naomi

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Djokovic about to win his 3rd grand slam in a row while Nadal takes another L in a finals (what's their record in finals matches? Has to be like 20 Djokovic to 4 Nadal. He always whoops his ass in the finals) to him...poor autistic waters.

I wouldn't call it for djokovic so easily .. he may very well win .. but nadal is looking strong himself .. could go either way ..

as for osaka .. I wonder if this will propel her to bigger things .. back to back slams .. imagine if she wins the rest of them ? why not .. two more and she'll hold all 4 at the same time at just 21 .. the field isn't all that strong on the women's side .. it's kinda there for the taking if she stays focused
    Last edited by dude77; 01-26-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Banned

Nadal is looking as good as ever, with an improved serve and Nole was superb vs Pouille.
    Could go either way.
    What is certain is that they will offer us a spectacular display of tennis.

Holy fck, Inside-Hoops is such garbage.

They randomly delete shit, month for month... dont know why we put up with it

cheap whores

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Djokovic sharp as hell right now while Nadal is a complete disaster. Trolling autistic waters aside, I want to see a good match. Nadal is all off his game right now.

shitty start for nadal but he seems to have settled in now .. serves first for the 2nd so if he can start without getting broken he can start ahead in the set .. let's see how he responds .. djokovic looks very solid

and here we go .. good start .. now he can play from ahead in this set and from a more comfortable position to attack for the break .. let's gooo