Default Re: The Tennis Discussion Thread

god damn it rafa .. fk this shit .. smh

Banned

I hate this djokovic feggit

this has turned into a snoozefest .. so disappointed in nadal

to be honest, nadal looked scared/nervous walking out for the match .. kinda weird to see but yeah that's what it looked like .. and well this shit performance makes sense from seeing that

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    to be honest, nadal looked scared/nervous walking out for the match .. kinda weird to see but yeah that's what it looked like .. and well this shit performance makes sense from seeing that
    Djoker has been in his head for awhile now. He always has the mental edge in their match ups the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Djoker has been in his head for awhile now. He always has the mental edge in their match ups the last several years.
    yep agreed

Banned

We need stanimal resurgence to save tennis from this djokovic menace.

nadal's missing everything .. every time he has a shot he fks it up

Damn, just woke up. Looks like I didn't miss much of a match

This beatdown makes you wonder about their game at Wimbledon. They had a 5 set epic, was Novak not fully back or did that reinforce to Nadal that he has a block against him? Just looking up stats, this was the first break chance he got, in the middle of the 3rd set! I know Djoker is the AO goat but sheesh, he's cursed here. 2012 seems so far away.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Nadal, realistically, literally has no claim to even be top 3. He's a specialty court player who has won 11 of his 17 grand slams on one court style that is played on about 10% of the season. What a joke. Federer, Sampras, and Djokovic are clearly all above him. Djokovic is clearly and pretty easily the best hardcourt tennis player ever and that is what AT LEAST 70% of all professional tennis matches are played on. It's literally impossible to put him past 2nd GOAT and that's only because Federer has his silly single grand slam high record off of dominating tennis when it was pathetic in the mid 2000s. He literally won like 8 grand slams against no name scrubs.

Easily Rafa's worst big match performance ever.

The unjust losses of late (AO 17+18, WB, USO) have accumulated to mental failure against Nole.

this was one was hard to take because it looked like just a beat down .. gamewise and mentally .. no excuses this time for nadal .. for the first time watching them play it looked like nd was just better than nadal .. nadal couldn't make any adjustments and nd was completely outplaying him .. also djokovic is in up all the way in nadal's head .. possibly permanently .. that's the most devastating part about this .. very hard to get that mental part back when someone is owning you like that ..

also djokovic looks fresh and youthful .. nadal looks old and tired .. that balls out aggressive style really is catching up to him because it's more suited to a younger player obviously .. I'm disgusted .. and losing sleep to watch that trash performance .. not doing that shit again .. these people aren't paying me to lose sleep .. from now on I'll catch it on replay when I'm up
    Last edited by dude77; 01-27-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Did not watch the match in the middle of the night but woke up this morning to some great news!

Novak is making a serious case for himself as GOAT right now. And even though I love Nole I consider myself lucky to watch the three best players of all time play each other. I'm always afraid there won't be many of these matches left and we will all miss this Golden Era of tennis that is now more than 12 years long and probably nearing its end.

Novak was better when he had 7 or 8 titles. Nothing has changed.

You can't sit there, watch the game of tennis, and somehow come to the conclusion that Nadal is the better player.
    We all have our biases and whatnot, but this one isn't all that hard to distinguish.