Good college starter

Default Re: The Tennis Discussion Thread

Nadal is the goat

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Absolute destruction

GOAT
    Don't think Novak will catch him in the slam race I think with how good Nadal is at the french every year that 25 slams are not out of the realm of possibility for him before he retires also if he can just win one or two more grand slams of clay he will be the undisputed goat i feel.

That Us open meltdown is going to hurt Novak for years to come.

Djoker will eventually get more slams anyway. But Nadal will very likely be the GOAT clay player for the next century.

I'm a bit surprised by how lopsided it was but Nadal is that good on clay. A subpar match against Rafa and you will get absolutely wrecked even if your name is Novak. If the number of slams is the main criteria hard to see how Rafa doesn't end up as the GOAT because he will surely finish with around 23-25... No reason he can't win another 3 FO and at least 1 more off clay. I don't see Novak as good as he is winning 6-8 more slams.

1 Slam merchant

he could've potentially been tied with nadal and one behind federer right now .. but he gets ejected at the u.s. open(which would've been an automatic win) and now this .. talk about a bad month and a half

Quote Originally Posted by dude77 View Post
    he could've potentially been tied with nadal and one behind federer right now .. but he gets ejected at the u.s. open(which would've been an automatic win) and now this .. talk about a bad month and a half

automatic w? What? Its well known within tennis circles that thiem probably would have won

Look at what a less fresh thiem did to him at the AO

forgot about thiem .. ok he might've given him problems but still djokovic was the overwhelming favorite .. he just blew it

Given Thiem's physical struggles and the ineptness of Zverev, I would say there's a 80-90% chance Novak would have won the USO if he didn't get defaulted.

It's ok though. I don't think the Big 3 debate will ever be settled or anywhere close to unanimous at this point no matter how the final slam counts shake up. But I do believe Rafa will have the most slams when it's all said and done maybe even by a lofty margin.

Saw a basketball once

Nadal's better than Novak.

I miss tennis. I miss Federer, a lot. Actually would have wanted him to win AO if he could have came back for it because seeing Rafa so close to passing his number of slams, reality is hitting me. It is close to the end for these goat 3. Plus I had so much fun and agita cheering for Nadal to catch him... and now that he has it's an empty feeling.

Let's say someone other than Rafa wins AO (likely as Novak and Thiem and even Med might have a better shot). Rafa goes about business and wins FO... I would want Federer and Nadal to face off at Wimbledon 1 last time in the Final. If Fed wins, he gatekeeps and ties and prob stays as goat in most eyes even if he would be tied. If Nadal wins, well that's that. Even as a Nadal guy, I would be happy to see Fed do it because he has meant so much to Tennis. I'm not gonna kill Novak that much but he puts his foot in his mouth so often, if it isn't him it's someone in his team.

Anyways I've rambled. Bring on the Aussie Open.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    I miss tennis. I miss Federer, a lot. Actually would have wanted him to win AO if he could have came back for it because seeing Rafa so close to passing his number of slams, reality is hitting me. It is close to the end for these goat 3. Plus I had so much fun and agita cheering for Nadal to catch him... and now that he has it's an empty feeling.

Let's say someone other than Rafa wins AO (likely as Novak and Thiem and even Med might have a better shot). Rafa goes about business and wins FO... I would want Federer and Nadal to face off at Wimbledon 1 last time in the Final. If Fed wins, he gatekeeps and ties and prob stays as goat in most eyes even if he would be tied. If Nadal wins, well that's that. Even as a Nadal guy, I would be happy to see Fed do it because he has meant so much to Tennis. I'm not gonna kill Novak that much but he puts his foot in his mouth so often, if it isn't him it's someone in his team.

Anyways I've rambled. Bring on the Aussie Open.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    You ever chase a girl for a long time (ok I've never chased a woman for years) and then you finally get her... and you lose interest? I know I'm not the only one lol. Anyways, that happened to me a couple of times. I thought hey cool, she likes me a lot now. Why am I not excited and taking advantage of it???? ok fine, I'm happy he has 20 and caught Fed. You good with that??

So Djoko got hurt last night... I'm not gonna front like I watched it but only read about it. Opens the door for everyone else. If Djoko is hurt, I think Med or Thiem have an opening. It would be nice for Rafa to sneak another AO but he's hurt too. And plus he just doesn't win there if Djoko is playing possum... ugh he's already so unlikeable.

And the fans in the stand experiment is over... already

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    You ever chase a girl for a long time (ok I've never chased a woman for years) and then you finally get her... and you lose interest? I know I'm not the only one lol. Anyways, that happened to me a couple of times. I thought hey cool, she likes me a lot now. Why am I not excited and taking advantage of it???? ok fine, I'm happy he has 20 and caught Fed. You good with that??

So Djoko got hurt last night... I'm not gonna front like I watched it but only read about it. Opens the door for everyone else. If Djoko is hurt, I think Med or Thiem have an opening. It would be nice for Rafa to sneak another AO but he's hurt too. And plus he just doesn't win there if Djoko is playing possum... ugh he's already so unlikeable.

And the fans in the stand experiment is over... already

Eh Im pretty sure it was Med's AO to begin with..

Djoker is fine, but his level isnt really there...

I think Zverev takes him^^

Rafa will have his HANDS FULL with Fabio