Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Apple are really scumbags for this shit (backup related)

So I drop my phone, because the screen shattered so hard in entered into " iphone disabled mode".

Iphone disabled mode also happens when you enter the password wrong 10 times.

Be aware, I admit it is also my fault for not doing a backup in the last 7 months.

The phone works perfectly, nothing else damaged. I went today and fixed my screen. Guess what, to un-disable the phone you need a complete format and there is no other way around it.

Are you ****ing serious? I am literally holding in my hand a perfectly functioning phone with tons of pictures and apps on its harddrive yet instead of just letting me connect to itunes and put a "code" or something in it I have to complete factory reset the phone. ****ing lost pictures from Tomorrowland, Rome, 5 weddings, other events like birthday parties family time etc.

I admit it was my fault for not doing a backup more often, but scumbag Apple should make a better system for this. Breaking your screen = factory resetting the phone? A trillion dollar company does not have a better system to recover a perfect functioning phone than this?

/rant

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Apple are really scumbags for this shit (backup related)

What

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    What’s next? Apple has to come down and clean out your undies after you shit yourself? Take a little personal responsibility here.
    Are you serious?

So you find it a good solution when your phone gets locked = format?

What if I am a person that does a weekly backup. I went to the Grand Canyon yesterday and took some awesome pictures. Phone screen shattered and the phone entered into disabled mode. Format?

I don't want apple to clean my undies but this system is ridiculous. You should be able to either get a code to restore your phone, or go to an apple representation and have them do it but not format your damn phone.:
    Last edited by Andrei89; 01-28-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Nothing that Apple does surprises me anymore.

my pixel 3 backs up everytime i'm connected to wifi. apple doesnt do that anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    my pixel 3 backs up everytime i'm connected to wifi. apple doesnt do that anymore?
    That's not really something amazing on part of your "Pixel 3" , he must have had the option disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    you mean pictures? Yeah it does on the icloud if you choose to pay monthy ( very cheap though).

The whole point it, I replaced the screen of my phone and its working perfectly. All my pictures were in there but because the iphone goes into some sort of "safe mode" if it falls too hard you are forced to delete and restore from a previous backup.

Most ridiculous shit I ever heard from a phone company. They should just give me some sort of code to unlock it and that's it.

Doesn't Apple have a cloud?

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

The data is there. It's accessible... somehow. It may cost an arm and a leg to get someone to access it for you, but I wouldn't format the phone.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    That's the problem with most these apple dudes. They have a problem, they don't google solutions, because God forbid they have to follow directions about fixing the problem. Instead they whine about how unfair it is and make a thread to rant Dude, there are solutions out there. I don't use apple but I know the power of google. Odds are someone has had similar problems you have and there could/should be a solution.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

just take it to one of those cheap ass phone repair places. They may be able to pull it all off. Just ask them to do that and not repair the screen.

[QUOTE=warriorfan]What

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Buy a case for your iphone. Why do people not spend the extra money to do this?

Also, the iphone disabled mode happens after a wrong PW 10 times...that probably explains why they don't allow you to get the data. Some guy can steal an iphone, try the PW, get it wrong and then get all the "data" off the iphone.

There isn't a way for Apple to confirm your identity with a broken iphone I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    That's the problem with most these apple dudes. They have a problem, they don't google solutions, because God forbid they have to follow directions about fixing the problem. Instead they whine about how unfair it is and make a thread to rant Dude, there are solutions out there. I don't use apple but I know the power of google. Odds are someone has had similar problems you have and there could/should be a solution.

Dude, why are you assuming I have not googled?

Those links and those “third party” recovery programs are all scams for gullible people to buy. They tell you they have finished extracting and you should upgrade to premium.

You want to find out the truth go on reddit. Those people tel the truth and nobody has managed to extract data from a “disabled iphone” with a third party program ever.