Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kyrie on FA

Default Re: Kyrie on FA

Just a few months ago in early October, it was reported that Kyrie wanted to stay with the Celtics long-term and planned to re-sign with them. Now that his team didn't start the 1st half of the season as expected, he sounds like he wants to leave This dude is bipolar

Only 3 superstars I can think of who are loyal and they are James Harden, Steph Curry, and hopefully Giannis.

Russ is definitely loyal too but im not putting him in that superstar category this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Just a few months ago in early October, it was reported that Kyrie wanted to stay with the Celtics long-term and planned to re-sign with them. Now that his team didn't start the 1st half of the season as expected, he sounds like he wants to leave This dude is bipolar

Only 3 superstars I can think of who are loyal and they are James Harden, Steph Curry, and hopefully Giannis.

Russ is definitely loyal too but im not putting him in that superstar category this season.
    [QUOTE]Before the season you said you planned on staying in Boston. Now, it's wait until July 1st. Did something happen? Did something change?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    I trust Danny Ainge, he knows what he is doing.

Why not just sit back and watch what will happen?
    As you said, there may be some behind the scene happened and we never know.
    Why not sit back?

Because I think the potential to lose a player like Kyrie for nothing is really bad.

Of course we don't have full information, I even posted that. I trust Ainge as well.

My point was simple...assuming nobody knows for sure...is letting Kyrie walk for nothing worth the risk for the Celtics?

My answer has always been no, but I understand thinking differently.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

[QUOTE=Uncle Drew]Not saying that I hate him, but Embiid is easily one of the most hateable characters in the league. He

[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Doesn

Why the **** would Steph want to leave? KD, Klay, Green, Cousins, Iggy, etc..

I agree with Harden though. As much as people hate on him (and for good reasons), the dude literally never complains about his teammates and help. Major props.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Why the **** would Steph want to leave? KD, Klay, Green, Cousins, Iggy, etc..

I agree with Harden though. As much as people hate on him (and for good reasons), the dude literally never complains about his teammates and help. Major props.
    Yep. I've never heard him say that he needs more talent around him, and he's never complained about who he's playing with. Even when he was with that drama queen, Dwight. It's kinda well known that Harden and Dwight didn't get along and still Harden's never publicly said anything negative about him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

No one wants to play for Boston

KD and Kyrie are coming to team up in Brooklyn this off-season things are already being placed behind the scenes

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Boston fans actually thought for a second that Kyrie was going to stay?

Dame is loyal, he just has crap around him. He'll probably be forced to leave too.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    There isnt a single likeable superstar in the NBA right now

Wrong.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Doesn’t look like he’s leaving
    Looks like he he gave an unclear answer and conflicting viewpoints. THAT's what it looks like.

Kyrie either REALLY likes himself some drama OR he's just completely dumb as ****.

It's like he said "No, nothing changed, I'm not leaving. However, I'm going to do what's best for my family and I will consider all of my options on July 1st" which... are completely conflicting statements, FYI.

Kyrie for Mo Wagner and KCP. Take it or leave it DAnny

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Dame is loyal, he just has crap around him. He'll probably be forced to leave too.
    Yeah forgot about Dame. Won't be surprised if one day he asks to be traded though. Wouldn't blame him either

Yep. I've never heard him say that he needs more talent around him, and he's never complained about who he's playing with. Even when he was with that drama queen, Dwight. It's kinda well known that Harden and Dwight didn't get along and still Harden's never publicly said anything negative about him.
    Yep. The one of the few reasons why I respect him. Lets not forget Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Dame too, although he's not a superstar, IMO.

Mike Conley, Marc, and Kemba?