Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Kyrie on FA

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie on FA

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    The team already proved that they can have a strong playoff (not really contender still) without Kyrie, probably that is the reason why Ainge/Celtics are pretty low profile in the transfer market at this moment.
    They are also playing the wait and see game.

Trade away Kyrie is one thing, but do we really need Frank and Kanter??
    Having these 2 won't make us a contender.
    If we do trade, make it a big one.
    Rushing a trade is doing no good at this moment. In fact, we are no rush to trade away Kyrie just for the sake of making a trade.

My guess is, there are only 2 scenarios for the Celtics.
    They either trade him for another star, OR they keep him and make a mega package to get another star.
    It will not be status quo, keeping Kyrie and do nothing.
    Ainge will make some moves to make us contender again, I can guarantee that.

We have a reason to stock up 4 first round picks.
    You can never have too many picks imo.

And Kanter would just make the salary work...and Frank is a cost controlled asset.

I'm just using that as a hypothetical.

I'm just not following you. You are essentially arguing that losing Kyrie doesn't matter, but then also saying you wouldn't care about turning Kyrie into two first round picks (which can be moved of course to get something else)...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You can never have too many picks imo.

And Kanter would just make the salary work...and Frank is a cost controlled asset.

I'm just using that as a hypothetical.

I'm just not following you. You are essentially arguing that losing Kyrie doesn't matter, but then also saying you wouldn't care about turning Kyrie into two first round picks (which can be moved of course to get something else)...

When did I say I want two first round picks for Kyrie??????????
    Please show me...

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Im amazed people are upset at a lack of loyalty to of all people...Danny Ainge.

Danny Ainge has less loyalty than anyone. He told Red to trade Bird and Mchale off the Celtics for prospects(Detlef and Perkins for Mchale....Reggie and Smits for Bird). What did Red do instead? Traded Ainge. One of the only Celtic all stars to get traded for like 30 years. The Celtics From about 57 to Danny Ainge kept everyone till they retired other than I think Jojo White. Red shipped Danny out though.

I remember Ainge doing a sit down talking about how Red refusing to ship out Bird and Mchale opened his eyes to how loyalty could hurt a team. Thats why hes ruthless. He doesnt care you came back for playoff game when your baby sister just died. You can geeeeeeeet out. Ainge shipped out every celtic to ever play an all star game under him so far. He traded Antione Walker, Pierce, KG, Rondo, IT...

Well not Ray. And he has not had a chance to deal Horford and Kyrie...but he will when he feels it makes sense.

And its fine. Do whats best for the team....but dont expect the players to show more loyalty than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Danny Ainge has less loyalty than anyone. He told Red to trade Bird and Mchale off the Celtics for prospects(Detlef and Perkins for Mchale....Reggie and Smits for Bird). What did Red do instead? Traded Ainge. One of the only Celtic all stars to get traded for like 30 years. The Celtics From about 57 to Danny Ainge kept everyone till they retired other than I think Jojo White. Red shipped Danny out though.

I remember Ainge doing a sit down talking about how Red refusing to ship out Bird and Mchale opened his eyes to how loyalty could hurt a team. Thats why hes ruthless. He doesnt care you came back for playoff game when your baby sister just died. You can geeeeeeeet out. Ainge shipped out every celtic to ever play an all star game under him so far. He traded Antione Walker, Pierce, KG, Rondo, IT...

Well not Ray. And he has not had a chance to deal Horford and Kyrie...but he will when he feels it makes sense.

And its fine. Do whats best for the team....but dont expect the players to show more loyalty than you.
    who the hell is talking about loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    When did I say I want two first round picks for Kyrie??????????
    Please show me...
    We aren't communicating. Let me try to clear it up;

If you don't think having Kyrie on the Celtics matters...why would you not jump at the chance to turn him into assets that do like draft picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Could not agree more and maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't heard much talk of player loyalty from where I am.

But, Ainge / Celtics getting screwed by Kyrie does have quite a bit of poetry to it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    who the hell is talking about loyalty?
    More a general issue with him saying he doesn