Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100
Results 1,486 to 1,497 of 1497

Thread: Soccer

Default Re: Soccer Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Not sure what your argument is, but thats a weird time frame.

Was 2010/2011 Ronado better than 2016/2017 Ronaldo?

No Ronaldo fan would agree with you.

In fact, not even close.

2018? Close.

After that? Yeah. After 2019 anyway. 2019 Ronaldo still had BDOR brilliance and Cl magic. Heck even 2020 Ronaldo nearly bailed them out against lyon. Hes just always done these things. Messi never did.

2012 came down to penalties, he might as we have won that Cl. They were closer that year, you know why? Cause Ronaldo was better.

Or maybe, lewandowski never actually was as good as Ronaldo, as you stated, but Bayerns system simply makes these goal tallies possible.

Ever thought about that?
    2016-18 Ronaldo himself wouldn't have been nearly as impactful playing a much larger role and without a midfield as strong as he had in Madrid. He was a far more limited player than from 2010-12. The fact that I have to explain this makes me question whether you know the game at all. 2011 Ronaldo that you chose was a force of nature who scored 60 goals and many of them far from the net not as a poacher. He was setting up other players, he was beating defenders with his dribbling, he was a part of the ball progression for his team. He didn't score the tap ins and headers in the CL KO in 2011 because it was never served up for him on a plate. Nor what that his role.

Both Lewandowski in 2020 and Benzema in 2022 pretty much replicated to a tee what Ronaldo did in 2017. Does that mean those guys in their primes were as good as Ronaldo? Of course not but they could match a post prime Ronaldo in a limited poacher role when they have great service.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby View Post
    Kane is killing it, Bayern finally digs deep into their pocket and voila! Never thought an English footballer would make me excited about football again. Lew was good and all but he wasn't exciting and frequently was a non-factor in important CL games. I have high hopes for Kane and the team, OTOH, I secretly wish Leverkusen win the league it would be a healthy change for Bundesliga and a good motivator for Bayern.
    Looking like another year without a trophy for Kane

Dude is cursed

It looks like Luis Suarez has finally awaken.

Messi hurt again. The man chose the right time to leave European football.

Mbappe looking like a BDO favorite? PSG has an easy CL draw and France could do well at the Euros.

Giroud and Lloris is coming to LAFC next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    2016-18 Ronaldo himself wouldn't have been nearly as impactful playing a much larger role and without a midfield as strong as he had in Madrid. He was a far more limited player than from 2010-12. The fact that I have to explain this makes me question whether you know the game at all. 2011 Ronaldo that you chose was a force of nature who scored 60 goals and many of them far from the net not as a poacher. He was setting up other players, he was beating defenders with his dribbling, he was a part of the ball progression for his team. He didn't score the tap ins and headers in the CL KO in 2011 because it was never served up for him on a plate. Nor what that his role.

Both Lewandowski in 2020 and Benzema in 2022 pretty much replicated to a tee what Ronaldo did in 2017. Does that mean those guys in their primes were as good as Ronaldo? Of course not but they could match a post prime Ronaldo in a limited poacher role when they have great service.

You want to make it easy for you with these age narratives like Ronaldo had a linear decline regarding playmaking.

In 2017 in the CL he had the most through balls and chances created.

The fact of the matter is youre entering muddy waters when you start these lewandowski comparisons.

Why?

Well youre not actually saying lewandowski is as good.

Youre saying he can replicate his numbers.

Yeah, many players in various circumstances could reach the numbers 2016-2018 Ronaldo reached.

That in itself isnt saying much.

If youre saying they were less skilled, not as good, etc. what good does that statement do?

Nothing.

Youre gonna have to prove they could replace Ronaldo at Real, ergo, replace him and yield the same results / success.

Obviously to anyone whos seen these players, they know thats rubbish cause they could never score the quality of goals Ronaldo did and never have.

So you will continue to muddy the waters with "replicate those numbers in a poacher role".

2016-2018 Ronaldo was winning BDORS, in fact, he should have three peated BDORS.

Why do you think he did, over Messi in his dribbling + playmaking prime?

Take the hint maybe.

Benzema indeed replicated quite a bit, cause hes a much better striker than lewandowski.

Instead of downplaying what Ronaldo did by saying these guys could replace what he did, dont forget: That Ronaldo was better than Messi.

Messis weak BDORS in the recent years while doing absolutely nothing special all year long dont change the fact that Ronaldo significantly bested him from 2012-2018.

Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

2021:

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Your Lewy hate boner is dumber and ****ing dumber by the day. He's been the best player in the world for two years babyboi, and you have mental issues if you actually believe Benzema is better now or overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Yea... his hate on Lewa is pretty mindboggling. However it's easy to see why. Lewa with the numbers he's putting up the last 18 months is perceived as a direct threat to Cristiano's legacy. The fact that a less physically talented but tenacious striker on a really good team can put up comparable or probably yet even better numbers seems to strike a nerve with Ronaldo stans.

I wanna get some credit for how these morons called lewa the best in the world for his Bayern exploits, and I knew any elite striker could do the same in his position.

Case in point, Kane, the very first year he joins the team.

Anybody see those 2 crazy QF 1st legs?

Saka is an idiot. Could have gone through to score an epic goal and instead sticks his leg out to fish for a penalty.

2021:

I wanna get some credit for how these morons called lewa the best in the world for his Bayern exploits, and I knew any elite striker could do the same in his position.

Case in point, Kane, the very first year he joins the team.

Your metric is using the best striker in the world and claiming "any" elite striker could do it?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking View Post
    Your metric is using the best striker in the world and claiming "any" elite striker could do it?
    now Kane is the best striker in the world?

Before it was lewandowski, but once he left Bayern he magically declined, Kane arrived at Bayern and magically became the best?

Hmm, I feel like I see a common denominator here..

now Kane is the best striker in the world?

Before it was lewandowski, but once he left Bayern he magically declined, Kane arrived at Bayern and magically became the best?

Hmm, I feel like I see a common denominator here..
    I never thought Lewa was the best. If you said he was - I wouldn't argue with you.

The case for Benzema I never understood, but these two yes.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking View Post
    I never thought Lewa was the best. If you said he was - I wouldn't argue with you.

The case for Benzema I never understood, but these two yes.

I dont get it, what are you disagreeing with?