Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer

Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

Things are fine, but damn does the team need several players for depth. If they don't sign a bunch of players, we're in serious shit for this season.. 1. more. week.

Suarez to Atleti might be the kind of deal that's good for both sides.

We get to play more young players like Fati who was sensational today and a faster brand of football which we sorely need and Atleti get a guy who is one of the best in the world at finishing a half chance. Given their somewhat anemic offense over the years and struggle to create chances, he can really help them score a few more goals. They are a slow team which actually works for them because they are great at defending.

Inter Miami just signed Federico Higuain to join force with his more popular brother Gonzalo. Nice.

Philly Union's Brenden Aaronson to Rell Bulls Salzburg for reportedly $6M plus up to $3M in performance incentives, the record fee for MLS home grown player transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    Philly Union's Brenden Aaronson to Rell Bulls Salzburg for reportedly $6M plus up to $3M in performance incentives, the record fee for MLS home grown player transfer.
    That can't be right, Davies went for 10-11m euros to Munich 1 1/2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    That can't be right, Davies went for 10-11m euros to Munich 1 1/2 years ago.
    Forgot to add the "US-based" home grown player.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

We gon act like 40 year old Zlatan isn't the best player on the planet right now

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    We gon act like 40 year old Zlatan isn't the best player on the planet right now
    Stick to basketball

And it still holds true...

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher View Post
    No rebuild can be done with Messi on the team as his overbearing presence would just stunt whatever young guns Barca would buy. It's like rebuilding with LeBron. It's just that the difference between the sports makes Messi's defficiencies way more painful for the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    LOL

It's actually the opposite. In basketball you're ducked when you have an old player who can't defend. In soccer even young forwards don't play defense.

Where Messi negatively affects the team is if he is the one keeping these slow veterans on the team because they are his buddies.
    I wonder why Barca still now smashes teams without Messi and keeps on losing in embarrassing fashion with him.

Will people ever wake up?

Messi, the biggest fraud in todays sports world.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    And it still holds true...

I wonder why Barca still now smashes teams without Messi and keeps on losing in embarrassing fashion with him.

Will people ever wake up?

Messi, the biggest fraud in todays sports world.
    LMAO

You ought to actually watch the games. If Messi is a fraud then what about your guy? Real actually won La Liga without him. Lewandowski who's far less skilled than prime Ronaldo is matching or exceeding his numbers for a long stretch that's tough to ignore now. Lewa is making his tap-in merchant period from 2014-2018 pretty overrated. Everyone knows Barca would be a flaming piece of shit without Messi. When he leaves after this season we will not recover for a long time. Just watch...

Yanited out of the group stage. These absolute frauds needed what, 4 points in 4 games after the beginning?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Somebody get Messi some help

LMAO

You ought to actually watch the games. If Messi is a fraud then what about your guy? Real actually won La Liga without him. Lewandowski who's far less skilled than prime Ronaldo is matching or exceeding his numbers for a long stretch that's tough to ignore now. Lewa is making his tap-in merchant period from 2014-2018 pretty overrated. Everyone knows Barca would be a flaming piece of shit without Messi. When he leaves after this season we will not recover for a long time. Just watch...
    The only thing we know is that Barca performs better without Messi than with him

And you are becoming increasingly agitated with the state of things

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Somebody get Messi some help

Aren't they smashing teams without him?

Are Griezman, Dembele, Coutinho, Fati, De Jong, etc. not enough?

Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    The only thing we know is that Barca performs better without Messi than with him

And you are becoming increasingly agitated with the state of things

Aren't they smashing teams without him?

Are Griezman, Dembele, Coutinho, Fati, De Jong, etc. not enough?

Lolol
    Damn right I'm agitated!

On paper that is enough but Fati's been hurt for over a month, Dembele is injured again and Griezmann is playing a like a scrub. Coutinho wasn't that good to begin with and rode the bench with Bayern too. Jury is still out on De Jong because he's young but currently he isn't world class. This Barca team without Messi will be BADDD... Like 6th in La Liga type bad when you consider that Pique is done and even Ter Stegen is making mistakes leading to goals in every game. And I'm at a loss of words for Lenglet. That guy is a *** joke. And Alba forgot how to play soccer at some point last season. He went from world class LB to a joke overnight.

I don't think Messi is blameless but we had 7 shots on target last night... all 7 was Messi. Yea he should be finishing better but he's light years ahead of all others on our team. To say otherwise is ignorance. Still as a Barca fan I say trade him and start over. Messi wants out and Barca desperately needs money.

Damn right I'm agitated!

On paper that is enough but Fati's been hurt for over a month, Dembele is injured again and Griezmann is playing a like a scrub. Coutinho wasn't that good to begin with and rode the bench with Bayern too. Jury is still out on De Jong because he's young but currently he isn't world class. This Barca team without Messi will be BADDD... Like 6th in La Liga type bad when you consider that Pique is done and even Ter Stegen is making mistakes leading to goals in every game. And I'm at a loss of words for Lenglet. That guy is a *** joke. And Alba forgot how to play soccer at some point last season. He went from world class LB to a joke overnight.

I don't think Messi is blameless but we had 7 shots on target last night... all 7 was Messi. Yea he should be finishing better but he's light years ahead of all others on our team. To say otherwise is ignorance. Still as a Barca fan I say trade him and start over. Messi wants out and Barca desperately needs money.

Haha, Griezman playing like a scrub... every star mid/attacker gets accused of being a scrub right after being huge and every team wanting said player. Fabregas, Coutinho, Griez, Dembele.. Messi's strolling, hogging, no-tracking-back style doesnt work well with others.

And Griez actually scored a worldie 2 weeks ago and another after that.

Coutinho just didnt fit with Bayern, too many chefs in kitchen, but he's class.