NBA rookie of the year

Default Knicks traded Porzingis to clear cap space for two max players

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rst-trade-ever

It's not just that the Knicks gave up on a 23-year-old All-Star, one so unique he's been nicknamed "the Unicorn." It's that they effectively used that young star as inducement to get the Mavericks to absorb their two worst contracts
    Last edited by JohnMax; 02-01-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Default Re: Knicks dumped Porzingis to sign two max-level free agents

If they don't get Kyrie or KD this summer (which is more likely then not) then this will go down as one of the worst trades of all time

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Knicks traded Porzingis to clear cap space for two max players

Lol don

ANd who wouldn want to sign in NY with nothing on the roster?

I LOVE the hate from other teams fans. They didn't do all this cap clearing unless THEY KNEW that they could get Kyrie and KD

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    If they don't get Kyrie or KD this summer (which is more likely then not) then this will go down as one of the worst trades of all time
    Why? It's better than our franchise being held hostage by a guy who doesnt wanna be here and was clearly gonna walk away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    Why? It's better than our franchise being held hostage by a guy who doesnt wanna be here and was clearly gonna walk away anyway.
    The reason he wanted out was because the Knicks are a terrible franchise to begin with. They traded away Porzingis to clear cap space (which is their own fault to begin with) for a few rentals and a guy that they should have picked last year in the draft. The picks are nice, but don't count on the Mavs sucking enough for them to be worth it.

Watch them do all this, just to end up with Kemba Walker and/or Jimmy Butler.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    I LOVE the hate from other teams fans. They didn't do all this cap clearing unless THEY KNEW that they could get Kyrie and KD
    Lol bs. Dallas and Philly recently have cleared space only to take L after L. The Knicks will suffer a similar fate

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    I love Kristaps but there are several free agents better than him. He's not better than Kyrie, KD, Cousins, Kawhi and Klay. Then the combos of available players are too numerous to name. With Kristaps not a top tier player just yet and swallowing your max contract can be troublesome.

Then name me a very tall (7 foot 2 inches plus) player that had a lower body injury just once - it doesn't exist. I hope he has a injury free career from here on out but I wouldn't bet on it. It might take four or five years to fully recover from that injury and that's real. But medicine is getting better.