Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: I wasnt gonna make this hating ass topic but the basketball gods have insisted.

Now that is real basketball

Jokes aside. I would like teams to be able to play more defense then today. I would rather see a close gritty game than a high scoring one where no one is being touched. The early 2000

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: I wasnt gonna make this hating ass topic but the basketball gods have insisted.

People will still bleed in 2054 when we have 4 pointers and getting back on D is a technical foul.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    People will still bleed in 2054 when we have 4 pointers and getting back on D is a technical foul.
    Future rulebook

Rule 2.27a - Illegal Defense - any player attempting to disrupt a dribble, steal a pass, or cross their half court line, is not allowed.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

In all honesty, I don't mind that players are palming the ball so much, carrying and pushing off.

The issue I have is "fans" claiming that today's players are more advanced then today's and use dribbling as an example. They use Harden as a great offensively skilled player but fail to realize his moves are illegal as f*ck.

Imagine if players back then were given all of the same freedoms that today's players get?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grEIm3NladE

Rarely did he carry the ball. Imagine if he was allowed to get away with palming and carrying like today's players?

Very good NBA starter

One of the reasons the NBA allowed this was to have greater control of the outcome of games.

Allow this kind of dribbling and you can decide the games much more easily.

In your skullcollector example, you allow the hand check for one team and take it away for the other. That gives an extreme advantage with the new carry moves, compared to previously where dribbling was not as advantageous, hand check or no handcheck.

This is how the league has fixed it for Lebron against Indiana (twice) and against Golden State (once).

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Some players literally carry almost every single time they dribble.

The league knows die hard basketball aficionados can't stop loving the game, so they disregard their care for real basketball to appease the novice fans for monetary gain.

It's all about the Jews using the Blacks to make the Whites hate themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    You really aren't going to post the worst offender?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9MfQKnvEkk

Look at what he does on the spin against Harden.
    I think Giannis is the worst just based on his carries.

kobe > lebron

deal with it.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

That is why I find it hilarious when people say things like: Durant has great handles for a near 7 footer. Same with Giannis.

No, not really. It is just that other 7 footers, even guys like Dirk and KG who could actually dribble very well in their primes, actually had to care about carrying the ball, travels, etc. Here are two youtube vids showing some of the dribbling....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpJto7ZsLSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dJXFFZLtM

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

why nitpick Curry's handles when Lebron is literally allowed to bulldoze over defenders, travel and stiffarm at will?

NBA is worse than And1 tbh

So the refs just making shit up now to defend each others calls. This happened:

Twitter erupts....players...fans. Everyone sees it. Bradley Beal himself:

Bradley Beal

Verified account

@RealDealBeal23
    18h18 hours ago
    More Bradley Beal Retweeted Complex Sports
    Look clean to me 😂😂🤷🏽*♂️Bradley Beal added,

0:18
    Complex Sports
    Verified account

@ComplexSports
    Cancel NBA refs.
    820 replies 10,877 retweets 65,963 likes
    Reply 820 Retweet 11K Like 66K

NBA ref official account:

The offensive player gathers with his right foot on the ground. He then takes two legal steps, before losing control of the ball. After regaining possession, a player is allowed to regain his pivot foot and pass or shoot prior to that foot returning to the ground. This is legal.

Rex Chapman and Baron Davis called them out. Baron posted the Jordan "Stop it...get some help" Jordan gif.

Blake Griffin:

[QUOTE]Bradley Beal

Verified account

@RealDealBeal23
    1h1 hour ago
    More Bradley Beal Retweeted Blake Griffin
    Lol I

the beal one was just a coverup, something like that is usually going be called a travel.

I think there are too many factors to just say lax rules are turning away people but it could be true. I dont see the NBA turning back however besides a few minor rule changes, just the way things are progressing. Also even a small one focused on traveling could lead to a bunch of travel calls to start the year(like freedom of movement did to foul calls). The NBA doesnt want that as much as people think stars go to the line too much, the biggest thing they have on the NFL/MLB is the continuous flow of play.

Blake and Ellingtons reactions are the best part. Blake didnt even wait to come back go the ground to go crazy.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

[QUOTE=warriorfan]

Now that is real basketball

[B]Jokes aside. I would like teams to be able to play more defense then today. I would rather see a close gritty game than a high scoring one where no one is being touched. The early 2000