Default Lebron leaves his teams in shambles

After Lebron "taking his talents" to somewhere else, there hasn't been a single team that could play basketball. Cleveland in 2011 won 19 games, Miami in 2015 won 37 games, and Cleveland has won only 11 games so far.

And for Lebron fans, this is something good, apparently.

And for Jordan haters, Chicago's great 1994 season is, somehow, something to hold against Jordan.

We are told 24/7 that Lebron makes his teammates better. But his teammates do not know how to play basketball after he is gone.

On the other hand, we have Jordan. Without him, the 94' Bulls made it into the ECSF and forced 7 games against the Knicks. Those Chicago Bulls players knew how to play basketball even without Jordan, and the reason is simple.

The reason is that Jordan allowed his teammates to play their own game, didn't freeze them in the corner and in consequence, these teammates got much better at playing basketball.

And this is why they didn't feel naked and helpless when Jordan wasn't there, because Jordan was a true teacher and mentor to them and thanks to him, they reached their maximum potential.

Of course, the 94' Bulls weren't good enough to win 1 ring, let alone 6. They needed the best player ever to do that.
    Last edited by Dr Hawk; 02-06-2019 at 09:57 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron leaves his teams in shambles

So Jordan wasn't a leader thanks for comfirming

'94 Bulls made it to the ECSF, not the ECF

'93 Bulls didn't have Kukoc & Kerr and players like Pippen and Grant hit their peaks at the time, Jordan clearly helped those guys become better players by challenging them every single practice. He never filled them with anxiety by dangling them in trade talks all year round, he simply took what he had & made the most out of it and it carried over to the '94 season with some added help. The Bulls fell off offensively, but they kept their edge on the defensive side, Pippen became a DPOY candidate thanks to guarding MJ in every practice since he entered the league.

Fast forward to '95. The 94-95 Bulls are sitting at 34-31 and are looking like a first round exit, Jordan makes his big return and they go on to win 13 out of their last 17 games. A year later they win an NBA record of 72 games at the time, following that up with 69 and 62 wins and 3 NBA championships.

There will never be another MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

'93 Bulls didn't have Kukoc & Kerr and players like Pippen and Grant hit their peaks at the time, Jordan clearly helped those guys become better players by challenging them every single practice. He never filled them with anxiety by dangling them in trade talks all year round, he simply took what he had & made the most out of it and it carried over to the '94 season with some added help. The Bulls fell off offensively, but they kept their edge on the defensive side, Pippen became a DPOY candidate thanks to guarding MJ in every practice since he entered the league.

Fast forward to '95. The 94-95 Bulls are sitting at 34-31 and are looking like a first round exit, Jordan makes his big return and they go on to win 13 out of their last 17 games. A year later they win an NBA record of 72 games at the time, following that up with 69 and 62 wins and 3 NBA championships.

Thanks, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk
    After Lebron "taking his talents" to somewhere else, there hasn't been a single team that could play basketball. Cleveland in 2011 won 19 games, Miami in 2015 won 37 games, and Cleveland has won only 11 games so far.
    Beyond terrible post. Bosh and Wade were injured a lot in '15. They both missed a combined 58 games. Not to mention the FACT that Battier and Allen retired after the '14 season. Miami made the PO's the very next year and would've made the ECF, if it wasn't for shit calls against the Raptors.

Cleveland was a garbage dump of a franchise before LeBron and it's the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk
    We are told 24/7 that Lebron makes his teammates better. But his teammates do not know how to play basketball after he is gone.
    Is Kyrie a terrible player now? Wade had a terrific season in '16, compared to his '14 season WITH LeBron. Bosh was putting up 20/7 in '15 and '16.

I been saying this for the longest. People think that's some sort of special characteristic, having your team fall apart without you. I used to think the same with Westbrook, especially in his MVP year. Think about going to work and being a boss. If you don't show up a day or go on vacation, would you really be proud of your workplace falling apart while you were away? Fk that, you teach them the way and you MAKE THEM GET BETTER. You have them reach their potential. Having them depend on you, you're basically stunting their growth.

It's one thing if they are not as good as when you are on the court, that is expected. It's another thing to have them fall apart or turn to shit when you are not there. You basically groomed them to depend on you. I'm sorry but that is terrible. I'm sure the coaching is also a part of it.

'93 Bulls[COLOR="Red"] didn't have Kukoc & Kerr and players like Pippen and Grant hit their peaks at the time[/COLOR], Jordan clearly helped those guys become better players by challenging them every single practice. He never filled them with anxiety by dangling them in trade talks all year round, he simply took what he had & made the most out of it and it carried over to the '94 season with some added help. The Bulls fell off offensively, but they kept their edge on the defensive side, Pippen became a DPOY candidate thanks to guarding MJ in every practice since he entered the league.

The part in bold/red is important, especially the part where Pip/Grant were entering their absolute peak at 27-28 years old. Not to mention, they had the cohesiveness, confidence and chemistry of a DEFENDING 3-peat team. Also, like you said, that team wasn't that good offensively without MJ so obviously, they played a slower pace, which meant their D numbers looked better on paper.

A team doesn't have to be that good to peak as a 50+ win team. There is a huge difference between a team like that (think Memphis Griz 2010's or Blazers last 15 years) and 2 time, 3 peat champ. MJ was that difference.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I been saying this for the longest. People think that's some sort of special characteristic, having your team fall apart without you. I used to think the same with Westbrook, especially in his MVP year. Think about going to work and being a boss. If you don't show up a day or go on vacation, would you really be proud of your workplace falling apart while you were away? Fk that, you teach them the way and you MAKE THEM GET BETTER. You have them reach their potential. Having them depend on you, you're basically stunting their growth.

It's one thing if they are not as good as when you are on the court, that is expected. It's another thing to have them fall apart or turn to shit when you are not there. You basically groomed them to depend on you. I'm sorry but that is terrible. I'm sure the coaching is also a part of it.
    Good post tbh

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Exactly.

This is essentially what Kobe was saying last year and then all the Bran stans in the media jumped on him.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Kerr was a journeyman when he joined Chicago. He was a nobody and continued to be that year by avg. 8-1-2 in 25mp and shooting less than two 3PA per game.

You skipped the part where the Bulls were sent packing in the 2nd round in '95 by the eventual EC champions who then in turn got swept in the Finals.

ouch!!

That's true, but the Lakers were shit before LeBron ever went there. They've been in the lottery for nearly half a decade.

This shit didn't happen overnight.