View Poll Results: Where would you put LeBron James on the all time list?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOAT

22 17.60%
  • Top 3

18 14.40%
  • Top 5

25 20.00%
  • Top 10ish

30 24.00%
  • Top 15

15 12.00%
  • Not top 15

15 12.00%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Default Re: Where would you put LeBron James on the all time list? Honest answers, please.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    We’re not assuming lebron gets drafted like isiah, we’re just inserting him as a replacement on those late 80s teams. Being multi faceted or balanced does not always mean most effective. Bron has lead worse rosters extremely effectively, thts indisputable. Guys like wade and Kyrie were certainly comfortable taking over, why couldn’t the Detroit guys. Lebron has faced all the best wing defenders of this era and produced fairly well. What kind of production/level of play is “way down”?

This is all moot anyway since it’s a pure hypothetical to argue about something unarguable. Bron is a better player than isiah and it’s not really close
    There's no one left on this board who will have a reasonable take on anything. ISH is home to people with some of the weirdest basketball beliefs I've ever heard of. You're wasting your breathe(fingers?).

Default Re: Where would you put LeBron James on the all time list? Honest answers, please.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    There's no one left on this board who will have a reasonable take on anything. ISH is home to people with some of the weirdest basketball beliefs I've ever heard of. You're wasting your breathe(fingers?).
    Tbf I was looking to waste time lol. Agreed the trolls you see on Facebook,Twitter, YouTube all the time but there are some puzzling serious takes here.

Btw this giving credit to a player for his team playing well without him is the most ridiculous thing I’m seeing more of, it goes against the basis of player evaluation and even the eye test which is how much do you help your team.

It can be manipulated in so many ways. Like yes the 7sol suns were mediocre without Nash which does show the system was extremely reliant on Nash. That should be a positive testament how good Nash was, not a negative. It’s The coaches and teammates job to do well without you. Is draymond suddenly a bad defender/leader since gs drops off heavily defensively without him? no, this concept is a joke the exact opposite is true.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    Btw this giving credit to a player for his team playing well without him is the most ridiculous thing I’m seeing more of, it goes against the basis of player evaluation and even the eye test which is how much do you help your team.

It can be manipulated in so many ways. Like yes the 7sol suns were mediocre without Nash which does show the system was extremely reliant on Nash. That should be a positive testament how good Nash was, not a negative. It’s The coaches and teammates job to do well without you. Is draymond suddenly a bad defender/leader since gs drops off heavily defensively without him? no, this concept is a joke the exact opposite is true.
    Of course it seems ridiculous because that's how you worded it. My point is Isiah and others foster more of a team atmosphere that better incorporates teammates and allows them to grow in their roles and responsibilities. There's a system in place that even the best player submits to. Even the best player listens to the coach and is even instructed because the system and team is bigger than he is. This is why teams can do well enough without the star player for stretches. That's leadership.

Doing everything yourself, waving off coaches, refusing to play within a system that is bigger than you makes you the center of everything and everyone else becomes dependent on you. You get the stats. You get all the glory. Your sorry teammates get all the blame. Of course with no system and no respect for the coach, the team craters when you leave. That doesn't necessarily define how great you are. At least that's not the only measuring stick.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 02-08-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Poor lad, I remember in 2010 you were begging for Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    That's irrelevant. And simple. I don't think LeBron would win with the teams Isiah led. Maybe if he was playing John Wall and Beal Bradley but not in the conference Isiah played in. He wouldn't know how to best utilize the talent on that team and would probably have everyone traded away.
    LeBron won titles with significantly worse teams than those Isiah played on. Replace LeBron and Isiah and LeBron wins more than 3 rings with those teams. Rodman, Dumars, Laimbeer, Aguirre, and a ton of others.

On the other hand, I don't think Jordan would win a single title with LeBron's teams. He wouldn't know how to best utilize the talent on that teams and would probably have retired mid season.

Secondly he is nowhere near the leader Isiah was. Isiah was tough and it rubbed off on his teammates. LeBron would have his teammates flopping and begging for calls.
    So, you're not on drugs. You're just a retard.

Kyrie literally just called LeBron to apologize to him. As I said, LeBron would've demanded more from him teammates and would've made them perform better. They would've won a lot more with LeBron in Isiah's place. Have you been a LeBron locker room? Have you seen anyone call him a bad teammate?

I really can't believe that people think LeBron and Isiah are in the same tier. SMH!

And no, LeBron is not top 3. Top 10-ish. In my book, 10th at best.
    This isn't 2012, so LeBron is a top 3 GOAT and top 5 at WORST. You can throw out blanket statements all you want and cry all you want, but facts are facts:

There's 2 people in the history of the sport with 4 or more MVP's and 3 or more MVP's.

Most All-NBA First teams (will likely end up with most All-NBA selections overall as well).

First and only player ever to hit 30k/8k/8k.

Top 5 all time in scoring (will likely end up top 2).

Most points ever in the PO's, top 3 in assists, and top 5 in rebounds.

Incredible career averages at all 3 stages (RS, PO's, and Finals).

Greatest G7 performer of all time.

Greatest elimination game performer of all time.
    Last edited by aj1987; 02-08-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Not top 15.

Quitting.
    Colluding.
    Super teaming.
    Easting.
    Choking.
    Etcing.

Da Realist is PETRIFIED of LeBron. Wow.

Comparing him to Isiah Thomas

Must...protect....muh MJ!

Learning to shoot layups

This DUMBASS is comparing a top 3 player of all time to Isaiah Thomas

Good Lord what a dumbass

Top ten. He is one of the all time greatest players. Not at the summit though.

He's a juicer and I will NOT rank a juicer:

Did Bill Simmons Hint That LeBron James Took A Steroid Vacation?

Simmons met fan backlash when he floated the idea that LeBron wasn’t the “same player” early in the 2015 season. He responded as such:

“Like it was our fault that LeBron was playing below the rim for the first two months and the Cavs were a complete mess. I’m sorry for pointing that out everybody!”

After NBA beat writer Zach Lowe struggled to politely categorize LeBron’s two-week refresher vacation to Miami in January, Simmons pushed his stance once again:

Bill Simmons: Uh…I have a couple titles for that but I’m not gonna say.

Zach Lowe: I’m not going anywhere near where you’re going.

Bill Simmons: I’m not going anywhere either!

He later elaborated, saying:

“LeBron James…looked like he was entering another phase of his career. He’s got a lot of miles on him. Looked different in how he was playing. Went away for two weeks, came back. He’s been lights out. [He] basically has been at 29 [points] a game, 6 [assists] and 6 [rebounds]. Fifty percent shooting. He looks like LeBron again.”
    https://uproxx.com/dimemag/did-bill-s...roid-vacation/
    http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-b...ns-298941.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...bill_alluding/
    https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...tion-71485040/

LeBatard: My Guess is LeBron James is ‘Doing Something
    http://slicemiami.com/2016/06/08/le-...ron-james-hgh/

LeBron James was in Miami while the Cavaliers played at home Sunday, with team's permission
    https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index...mes_miami.html

Here's the story behind the 2-week break that turned LeBron James' season around

Windhorst says that late in 2014, James had been moody and his body wasn't 100%. After suddenly deciding not to play in a game against the Hawks, the Cavs gave him take two weeks off to rest, from which he returned healthy and in a better mood, seemingly revitalized by some midseason trades.

"[James] had sort of just like waved a bit of a white flag there. He just didn't feel like playing. He had never done that ever before. He had always just played through it. And so it was after that game, [the Cavaliers] said, 'Alright, take your two weeks off,' because he had reached a very low point."

Nobody is quite sure why James' two-week break turned around his season. He does seem healthier and more explosive.
    If it was just fatigue and simple aches that he was dealing with, then two weeks may have been enough to revitalize him.

LeBron James Briefly Went To Miami Before Start Of Finals
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...614-story.html

The Only Thing Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman Can Agree On
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Ie5nmM1Xw&t=2m05s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gild8BBvrkA&t=11m45s

Top 10 ish for me. Somewhere between 7 and 10.

If LeBron passes Kareem in points I will give him the #2 all-time spot behind Jordan. Best career by far in the NBA at that point.

NBA rookie of the year

Looks like he's around top 8 average based on all the votes here. Still think that's a bit high