Default Pelicans and Celtics seem determined to make Anthony Davis a Celtic this Summer

The New Orleans Pelicans have reached out to the Boston Celtics to discuss the framework of a possible Anthony Davis deal to be completed this offseason.

The Pelicans have sought guarantees from the Celtics surrounding specific packages, but Boston has been reluctant to make absolute promises.

The Celtics, however, have made it clear that no specific player will be off limits in negotiations.

Boston continues to have interest in trading for Davis despite reports he has no interest in committing long-term.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...7wL/story.html

Rich Paul right about now, LeBron's boy getting Luca Brasi'd:

Last edited by eliteballer; 02-06-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Pelicans and Celtics seem determined to make Anthony Davis a Celtic

Would be a great spot for him.

I really hope if we do get AD that he ends up changing his mind like PG did and decides to stay with us. Really don't wanna give up our youth for a 1 year rental.

Amazing that Ainge is not even trying and has the Pelicans begging to trade with him meanwhile Magic threw everything but the kitchen sink to get Davis and still failed. Ainge is a boss

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    I really hope if we do get AD that he ends up changing his mind like PG did and decides to stay with us. Really don't wanna give up our youth for a 1 year rental.
    I'm sure Garnett and Pierce will be making calls..

Default Re: Pelicans and Celtics seem determined to make Anthony Davis a Celtic this Summer

Celtics do need to make a trade. Too many forwards. Something smaller than AD though. AD might gut the team.

Default Re: Pelicans and Celtics seem determined to make Anthony Davis a Celtic this Summer

Rozier, Yabusele, and a picks with a guarantee that AD will resign should get the job done.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Pelicans somehow will be shocked when Ainge pulls the rug from under them and Tatum is off limits. That Lakers offer was the best they were gonna get. It

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    I'm sure Garnett and Pierce will be making calls..
    What rational thing is Pierce going to say? They surrounded me with losers until the end of my career, we got one title in which I was arguably the 4th most important person on my team in said Finals win, and then I got traded to a shitbox franchise a few years later despite giving my entire career to Boston?

There is a 0% chance... ZERO PERCENT chance... that the Celtics put forth an offer better than what the Lakers already have. ZERO.

Unless New Orleans is just absolutely sold on Jayson Tatum becoming a top 3 player in the league, no ifs, ands or buts... which I very much doubt... because that is so far from a guarantee and I don't think his current projection is as such.

All that being said... it still wouldn't surprise me because New Orleans is operating on spite. It's pretty clear they'd rather make an emotional move than a rational one.

There is not a single team in the league that will put together a better package than what the Lakers offered. Not one... it's about sending a message, to New Orleans' own detriment. They will always be a shitbox franchise.

Think about it... who doesn't do the best deal for themselves possible out of spite? A shitty franchise.

This would be like... if you had a girlfriend and had some weird form of control over her for another year and a half... she comes to you telling you she wants to **** some other guy, and the dude she wants to **** offers you $1 million to let her go early... and instead you ship her ass out to some other guy that's willing to give you $500k... either way, someone else is going to **** your girl... that ship has sailed... you're just getting less money and your long term prospects are even worse than they otherwise would have been... because of spite. lol.
    Last edited by Ben Simmons 25; 02-06-2019 at 08:56 PM.

You're not getting Tatum or Brown. You can have Rozier, and the draft picks. Well, maybe not the Memphis pick. Its our call, not yours. Remember, we own you.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    You're not getting Tatum or Brown. You can have Rozier, and the draft picks. Well, maybe not the Memphis pick. Its our call, not yours. Remember, we own you.
    yea...ad needs someone to play with after kyrie goes to ny...

and no guarantee ad stays...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    What rational thing is Pierce going to say? They surrounded me with losers until the end of my career, we got one title in which I was arguably the 4th most important person on my team in said Finals win, and then I got traded to a shitbox franchise a few years later despite giving my entire career to Boston?

There is a 0% chance... ZERO PERCENT chance... that the Celtics put forth an offer better than what the Lakers already have. ZERO.

Unless New Orleans is just absolutely sold on Jayson Tatum becoming a top 3 player in the league, no ifs, ands or buts... which I very much doubt... because that is so far from a guarantee and I don't think his current projection is as such.

All that being said... it still wouldn't surprise me because New Orleans is operating on spite. It's pretty clear they'd rather make an emotional move than a rational one.

There is not a single team in the league that will put together a better package than what the Lakers offered. Not one... it's about sending a message, to New Orleans' own detriment. They will always be a shitbox franchise.

Think about it... who doesn't do the best deal for themselves possible out of spite? A shitty franchise.
    Just off the top of my head:

The Raptors could offer Siakam/VanVleet/Ibaka

The Bucks could offer Middleton/Bledsoe/Maker, or Middleton/Brogdan/DiVecenzo + filler

The Magic could offer Gordon or Fornier/Isaac/Bamba + picks

I dunno about you but I'd take any of those over the Lakers' offer

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Just off the top of my head:

The Raptors could offer Siakam/VanVleet/Ibaka

The Bucks could offer Middleton/Bledsoe/Maker, or Middleton/Brogdan/DiVecenzo + filler

The Magic could offer Gordon or Fornier/Isaac/Bamba + picks

I duuno about you but I'd take any of those over the Lakers' offer
    Could and would are extremely different things. I know... I know... there's only a one letter difference between the words. I know. But trust me, they're different.

And the Lakers package is still better than anything you listed. There is way more potential upside with the Lakers deal than those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Could and would are extremely different things. I know... I know... there's only a one letter difference between the words. I know. But trust me, they're different.

And the Lakers package is still better than anything you listed. There is way more potential upside with the Lakers deal than those 3.
    C'mon, the Lakers have one guy worth a spit and that's Ingram, and that's IF he reaches his potential. Kuzma is just a solid role player and Ball isn't even that.

EDIT: Didn't realize that the Bucks Bucks already traded Maker.