Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ANALYSIS: Why did Gasol go 0-4 in 2013 playoffs and get swept in the first round?

Since I've been educated on ISH by 2 people with 30 accounts that Pau Gasol was the true FMVP and best player that LED the Lakers to the promise land of champions not once but TWICE, why is it that he went 0-4 and got swept in the first round in 2013 as the first option with THREE ALLSTARS alongside STEVE NASH and DWIGHT HOWARD?

He finally had his chance to prove himself as a first option with cancerous ChuckBe/BrickBe out. Why did he get swept with multiple allstars on his team? Why wasn't Pau able to win a single game in the first round let alone winning the finals and FMVP!?

In fact, they lost each game by an average of 16pts straight into a sweep. Why did the true FMVP go 0-12 before Kobe and then 0-4 when he finally had his chance to prove himself as the true first option and FMVP as the first option? Should he not have been able to carry the Lakers through the playoffs and the finals and win FMVP as he supposedly did in '09 and '10?

And please no irrelevant deflections in terms of out of context stats that are unrelated to 2013, please try to stay on the topic at hand.

Thank you.

Default Re: ANALYSIS: Why did Gasol go 0-4 in 2013 playoffs and get swept in the first round?

Cuz he's not a winning leader like that.

Default Re: ANALYSIS: Why did Gasol go 0-4 in 2013 playoffs and get swept in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Cuz he's not a winning leader like that.
    But he's the TRUE FMVP of '09 and '10 right? I've been told this many times here.

I've been told Kobe is irrelevant without the GREAT and DOMINANT front court of Pau Gasol. So what happened here?

I really hope somebody can explain this to me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Kobe pre Gasol

2005 - misses playoffs

2006 - barely makes the playoffs and chokes a 3-1 lead in the 1st round

2007 - swept in the 1st round

Kobe with Gasol

2008 - finals

2009 - Championship

2010 - Championship

Guess who led the Lakers in both plus minus and win shares in both 09 and 10?

Gasol transformed a team from first round fodder into championship caliber if that is not superstar caliber i don't know what is

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    But he's the TRUE FMVP of '09 and '10 right? I've been told this many times here.

I've been told Kobe is irrelevant without the GREAT and DOMINANT front court of Pau Gasol. So what happened here?

I really hope somebody can explain this to me.
    Yea man same here. I'm lost for words on how Gasol choked like that smh.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Kobe pre Gasol

2005 - misses playoffs

Kobe with Gasol

2008 - finals

2009 - Championship

2010 - Championship

Gasol transformed a team from first round fodder into championship caliber if that is not superstar caliber i don't know what is
    Kobe did better as the only star on a team than Pau did in Memphis.. actually, a couple of those Memphis casts were stacked and Kobe probably contends with them

and Pau probably doesn't 3-peat with Shaq either - 2 bigs < big/wing

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Kobe pre Gasol

2005 - misses playoffs

Kobe with Gasol

2008 - finals

2009 - Championship

2010 - Championship

So you're further proving by point by completely deflecting and adding towards the premise of my thread.

Thanks so much Manny

I truly hope you are able to possess the reading comprehension skills and the attention span to read my well thought out and fool-proof post and provide a rebuttal.

Kobe pulled a fake injury to avoid being swept.

They have NO answer whatsoever

3-time NBA All-Star

They have NO answer whatsoever

YOURE an idiot cuz everyone knows the entire backcourt was injured in this playoff series.. Nash tried playing despite a really bad back in two games and then he pulled the plug and didnt play.. Kobe went 2-17 after he lost Odom in 2005 so maybe you should make a thread about that..

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    YOURE an idiot cuz everyone knows the entire backcourt was injured in this playoff series.. Nash tried playing despite a really bad back in two games and then he pulled the plug and didnt play.. Kobe went 2-17 after he lost Odom in 2005 so maybe you should make a thread about that..
    Wait what? I was told Kobe had FOUR ALLSTARS that season and had no excuses for his INCREDIBLE cast of Pau, Dwight, and Nash.

But now we're allowed to make excuses on behalf of Pau for the exact same context?

So, anyone got any legitimate excuses, as to why Gasol got SWEPT in the first round by a record margin without Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    So, anyone got any legitimate excuses, as to why Gasol got SWEPT in the first round by a record margin without Kobe?
    They're literally avoiding this thread as hard as they can

3-time NBA All-Star

Wait what? I was told Kobe had FOUR ALLSTARS that season and had no excuses for his INCREDIBLE cast of Pau, Dwight, and Nash.

But now we're allowed to make excuses on behalf of Pau for the exact same context?

You are one dumb dude.. The entire backcourt was comprised of CBA players once Nash went down. Remember these are guys who never even played in the NBA yet are expected to perform in NBA PLAYOFFS vs Team who almost won the title..

So no Nash, Kobe, Meeks, or even BLAKE to play any guard position .. Kobe had 3 ALL NBA players PLUS 6TH MAN in 2011 and got SWEPT..

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    You are one dumb dude.. The entire backcourt was comprised of CBA players once Nash went down. Remember these are guys who never even played in the NBA yet are expected to perform in NBA PLAYOFFS vs Team who almost won the title..

So no Nash, Kobe, Meeks, or even BLAKE to play any guard position .. Kobe had 3 ALL NBA players PLUS 6TH MAN in 2011 and got SWEPT..
    Sorry but we are not talking about Le2011 right now.

We're talking about 2013 please stay on topic.

No deflections.