Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Most deserved rings you witnessed (Players and series you have watched)

Hakeem 94/Dirk 2011/Duncan 2003
    /thread

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Most deserved rings you witnessed (Players and series you have watched)

In 1989, the bulls won 47 games and would've missed the 45-win playoff cut without mj's 33/8/8

So they were a lottery roster without MJ

MJ led that exact same roster to a championship in 1991, after 3 years of agonizing defeat to a dynasty that had 3 extra all-stars in their starting lineup.

It would be like these Lakers losing to the warriors for 3 years and finally busting through in year 4 while curry/durant/klay were still under 30 (like isiah/dumars/rodman were)

Beating the warriors with this growing Laker team would be greater than any of lebron's wins with ready-made star teams

Wouldn't you agree?

1. 2008 Celtics (Biased I know but whatever. Still one of the best memories I ever had watching them hold up that trophy. Celtics needed that championship after 20 years of mostly mediocrity.)
    2. 2011 Mavs (Had arguably the GOAT playoffs run and Dirk finally got the ring he deserved.)
    3. 2016 Cavs (Honestly I was sort of a LeBron hater up until this point but after watching him come back down 1-3 against possibly the GOAT team just made me gain a ton of respect for the guy and solidified him as an all time great.)
    4. 2014 Spurs (Perfect revenge story after what happened the previous year. That Spurs team played some of the most beautiful team basketball I've ever witnessed and I loved every minute of it.)
    5. 2015 Warriors (Would've been higher if they beat a healthy Cavs team but it was still awesome seeing Steph take that leap into superstardom that season and seeing him win the championship.)
    6. 2013 Heat (Wasn't happy at all about the Heat repeating at the time, but they did deserve the ring, it was only right after the monster season LeBron and the Heat had that year.)
    7. 2010 Lakers (Still a bit upset about this one considering we had it in the bag and blew it, but can't say Kobe and the Lakers didn't deserve that title. At the end of the day they outplayed us and deserved to win.)
    8. 2012 Heat (They went up against a young, inexperienced Thunder team so of course they were going to win. Not the way LeBron should've gotten his 1st ring in my opinion but he did earn it.)
    9. 2017 Warriors (Obvious reasons. The snake didn't deserve that ring whatsoever but of course he was going to get it being on the most stacked team of all time.)
    10. 2018 Warriors (Same as above except even less deserving because they basically went up against a 1 man army in LeBron. At least Kyrie was still there in 2017.)

Didn't watch the 2009 finals