Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 164

Thread: How terrified are you of the Browns

  1. #16
    Yellow King scuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    14,442

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    keep praying that your schedule doesn't doesn't see us on it

  2. #17
    Yellow King scuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    14,442

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Jarvis Landry, Kareem hunt, and Odell Beckham



  3. #18
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The "Q"
    Posts
    27,869

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Ahem.


    What's up, guys? Anything happening?

  4. #19
    Knicks all da way imdaman99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,790

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Despite giants fans being split on Odell, I always loved him. I loved what he brought to the team, and the old farts cheering for them always had issues because he was loud and swaggy. I will root for him on the Browns, especially since I already like Mayfield

    At least I will root for him until he shits on the Giants

  5. #20
    hugh mungus what? Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    9,095

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    great trade for the giants imo

  6. #21
    I rule the local playground DocSlam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    I'm afraid I might sprain something when I jump up and down celebrating a Browns Super Bowl Win!

    I'm not as young as I used to be..

  7. #22
    NBA All-star DukeDelonte13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    great trade for the giants imo

    I think it's bad. it's a brownsian type of trade. The trades the team used to make when they were dysfunction and their star players were disgruntled.

    Trading a playmaker for chance to maybe land a playmaker is never a good move. I've suffered through my team making those kinds of deals for a very long time.

  8. #23
    Yellow King scuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    14,442

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I think it's bad. it's a brownsian type of trade. The trades the team used to make when they were dysfunction and their star players were disgruntled.

    Trading a playmaker for chance to maybe land a playmaker is never a good move. I've suffered through my team making those kinds of deals for a very long time.
    Braylon Ewards + Winslow

  9. #24
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    9,936

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    great trade for the giants imo
    Only great if Giants' 1st rounder pays off.. If they don't draft well then they just lost a guaranteed superstar.. I don't usually support such a move unless if it's an aging superstar or something. Definitely not worth it for a young superstar who just entered his prime and re-signed with you long-term.. Why move him?

    In the end, I suspect Giants will regret it.

  10. #25
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The "Q"
    Posts
    27,869

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    great trade for the giants imo
    In true Browns fan form, I was beside myself when the trade was reported -- not in glee, but anger. I thought it was way too much to give up. After being inundated with nothing but love from the media and casual fans (even a lot of diehards who know stuff), I've come around on it ... but I still think it was a lot to give up and I'm not sure what kind of impact OBJ will have on our locker room.

    The good:

    *OBJ is only 26 years old. This isn't an Antonio Brown situation where, not only are you taking a chance on a guy as a potential locker room cancer, but he is also pretty old for the position. OBJ should be in his athletic prime for the balance of his contract.

    *His "best friend" is standing next to him as arguably the best traditional slot receiver in the NFL and he and Baker seem to already have a relationship.

    *Freddie Kitchens showed a real knack for coming up with interesting formations and ways to keep everyone involved and on the same page.


    The bad:

    *I really enjoyed Jabrill Peppers in the last half of the 2018 season. I think he could have a few Pro Bowls in him and he was on a cost-controlled contract for the foreseeable future. He is also a leader in the locker room.

    *OBJ is already talking about getting a new contract. So, here we go with that nonsense.

    *We have a lot of egos in the locker room.



    I'm torn, not celebrating like every other Browns fan I know.

  11. #26
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    9,936

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    The NFL has suspended Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt for the first eight games of the upcoming season for violating its personal conduct policy, the league announced.
    Uhh, he is back after just 8 games. The Browns offense *mindblown*

  12. #27
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    18,112

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns


  13. #28
    NBA All-star DukeDelonte13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    In true Browns fan form, I was beside myself when the trade was reported -- not in glee, but anger. I thought it was way too much to give up. After being inundated with nothing but love from the media and casual fans (even a lot of diehards who know stuff), I've come around on it ... but I still think it was a lot to give up and I'm not sure what kind of impact OBJ will have on our locker room.

    The good:

    *OBJ is only 26 years old. This isn't an Antonio Brown situation where, not only are you taking a chance on a guy as a potential locker room cancer, but he is also pretty old for the position. OBJ should be in his athletic prime for the balance of his contract.

    *His "best friend" is standing next to him as arguably the best traditional slot receiver in the NFL and he and Baker seem to already have a relationship.

    *Freddie Kitchens showed a real knack for coming up with interesting formations and ways to keep everyone involved and on the same page.


    The bad:

    *I really enjoyed Jabrill Peppers in the last half of the 2018 season. I think he could have a few Pro Bowls in him and he was on a cost-controlled contract for the foreseeable future. He is also a leader in the locker room.

    *OBJ is already talking about getting a new contract. So, here we go with that nonsense.

    *We have a lot of egos in the locker room.



    I'm torn, not celebrating like every other Browns fan I know.


    Peppers is a solid player no doubt, but having a top 3 WR is way more valuable then a decent safety. OBJ is a player that teams gameplan around, Peppers is not.

    I'm not too concerned about the egos, and it doesn't look like OBJ's deal is getting restructured.

    With the giants Eli and Odell are from two completely different generations. That's not the case with Baker. Baker, Odell, and Jarvis are all going to speak the same language.

    My concern is Kitchens. I like the guy, but it's like the Browns gave the keys to a Ferrari to a 16 year old kid who just got his driver's license.

  14. #29
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    9,936

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Peppers is a solid player no doubt, but having a top 3 WR is way more valuable then a decent safety. OBJ is a player that teams gameplan around, Peppers is not.

    I'm not too concerned about the egos, and it doesn't look like OBJ's deal is getting restructured.

    With the giants Eli and Odell are from two completely different generations. That's not the case with Baker. Baker, Odell, and Jarvis are all going to speak the same language.

    My concern is Kitchens. I like the guy, but it's like the Browns gave the keys to a Ferrari to a 16 year old kid who just got his driver's license.
    Plus they also have Nick Chubb+Kareem Hunt.. Both are elite rbs and from same generation. I have a feeling Browns will sign one of them long-term, but they don't have to! Chubb is on rookie deal so he is supercheap for next few years. Just do what Panthers did with DeAngelo Williams + Jonathan Stewart duo :P

  15. #30
    hugh mungus what? Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    9,095

    Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I think it's bad. it's a brownsian type of trade. The trades the team used to make when they were dysfunction and their star players were disgruntled.

    Trading a playmaker for chance to maybe land a playmaker is never a good move. I've suffered through my team making those kinds of deals for a very long time.
    Its not a brownsian trade at all... if trading your overpaid playmakers for picks isnt a good move, then why does Belichick do it CONSTANTLY?

    When you trade a guy getting paid 15+m/yr for picks, you arent just getting the picks, you are also receiving 18m in salary room to be spent on free agents and other players.

    The Giants didnt just trade for a chance to land a playmaker, they are trading for a chance to land a playmaker on a rookie contract, and freeing up enough cap space to add one or two additional playmakers.
    Last edited by Nanners; 03-20-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •