Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: What makes Zion Williamson a better prospect than Blake Griffin?

But he IS a better passer than Blake.

Honestly Zion

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Why is Zion a better prospect? Blake was also an athletic freak and #1 overall pick.
    His motor and defence. Zion will be able to impact the game alot like Draymond does but he'll be a much better scorer.

And yes Draymond is better than Blake. He dosnt have the stats Blake does but he has more of an impact

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Bigger stronger faster. His athletic measurables combined with size. He's on that Shaq/Lebron level coming into the NBA. The only thing that is yet to see is his competitiveness in the next level. Plus the game is a lot more finesse and shooting. But with his size/athleticism combo alone he can hang.

Zion's athletic ability at 6'7 285 has NEVER BEEN seen before for player that heavy. At Blake's size or right around it, we've seen guys like a Kemp, McDyess, Amare, etc. Blake's all around game is better than those guys. But those four were freak athletic 6'10 245 pound guys who were among the top 3-5 PF's at some point in the league.

Zion's defense and overall motor is better than Blake's. And for me, those are the key differences between the two. Hell his motor at times ACTUALLY reminded me of Rodman type motor! That's SCARY for a kid that heavy! Defensive versatility wise, he could possibly be a heavier version of Anthony Mason. In terms of scoring-passing-rebouning as package, I see Barkley potential. Undersized BUT hefty PF, freak athletic, and has great handles for a PF/SF type.

His vertical hops (style and power combined) remind me of Larry Johnson. So for all intents and purposes, Zion is a combo of these guys. But bigger and more athletic. It's about evolution! U can't name one player from the past he's most like. BUT u see elements of multiple guys in his game. If I had to name one, I would say a dominant, evolved two way version of Barkley.

Due to his combo of height, weight, and athletic ability, the comparisons to Chuck and LJ are gonna be there. He's just the heavier and more athletic evolution to that. But people sleep on the kid's floor game, which is where a guy like Anthony Mason is a valid comparison. In this era of positionless hoops, he looks to be interchangeable between SF, PF, and even some center. Blake has never had that type of positional versatility.
    Last edited by bizil; 05-16-2019 at 12:44 AM.

There's never been a guy quite like him. Just like there has never been a Shaq. Probably the heaviest guy EVER to pull of a FT line dunk with ease. He also gets his head at rim level off 2 feet near the basket regularly. He is the next level athlete. And you add in his intense motor and you have a guy who won't leave nothing on the table.

I mean his explosion is just other worldly. This guy is going to put on a show at the NBA level.

Back to Business

Im a scout for a division 2 university in florida (st.leo university) and i can tell u what makes him a slightly better prospect than blake. Keyword SLIGHTLY.

1. Left handed....yes it makes a difference...most defenses are taught to guard right handed players (majority of people are right handed) so guarding a lefty is more of a novelty

2. While being a flashy type player he also did a lot of the little things that a lot of guys dont or didnt do in college. (Set great screens,hustle for loose balls,extremely aggressive on boards)

3. Extremely quick feet for a guy his size. Him and blake are in the same ball park as far as vertical leap goes but what makes zion better is that as soon as he lands from his initial jump he can go right back up at the same vertical height instantly.

4. Although it was a small sample size in college,in every game zion did play u saw a high motor and he left his impact on every game. Blake while he did play more games in college(played more years) there were many nights he looked average even in his sophomore year.