Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: All-NBA 1st Team (Front Court)

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    No way Towns should make it over Gobert. Winning means something.
    I'm a Jazz fan my son, and trust me it is a close call.

The offensive win shares and production is basically the same as Goberts defensive production (same for KAT on defense & Rudy on offense).

So really it just comes to who you think has the better overall impact.

Utah are a much more talented team then Minnesota, coaching, players, overall organization, everything Utah can make better claims to.

If Gobert had even a slightly higher offensive impact, that is to say not do stuff like break single season record for dunks because of the attention drawn to other players I'd say Rudy makes it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    I'm a Jazz fan my son, and trust me it is a close call.

The offensive win shares and production is basically the same as Goberts defensive production (same for KAT on defense & Rudy on offense).

So really it just comes to who you think has the better overall impact.

Utah are a much more talented team then Minnesota, coaching, players, overall organization, everything Utah can make better claims to.

If Gobert had even a slightly higher offensive impact, that is to say not do stuff like break single season record for dunks because of the attention drawn to other players I'd say Rudy makes it.
    Gobert has more offensive and defensive win shares. How are they basically the same? Rudy is one of the most impactful offensive and defensive players in the league and the main reason Utah isn't as bad as the Wolves. Utah has been a horrible team for more than 4 years without Gobert. Rudy gets dunks because of his screens and length despite the lack of spacing because of Rubio, Exum, Favors etc. Their whole offense revolves around Rudy. There's no doubt who has a better overall impact. When Towns can carry a team like Rudy he will get credit. Butler carried them last year not Towns

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Gallo