Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Was LeBron in 2017 and 2018 the GOAT Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    i get that, but its not relative when the '06 mavericks werent a great passing team. they wouldve had low team assists against a lebron led team as well because they were one of the worst passing teams all year, they ran iso ball. wade and lebron are cut from the same exact cloth.
    You said the 06' series was rigged and that's why Wade won

I showed you that the passing gap was more equal compared to lebron's Finals losses, and that partly explains why Wade won and lebron lost

06' Wade would've lost if he got out-passed like lebron does, but he didn't, which helped him win

Whether 17/18 lebron could've won in 06' is irrelevant and would depend on other factors like defense, leadership and clutch as well as the passing.. ultimately, lebron frequently gets out-passed in losses and has this history/reputation/style - nothing will change that empirical fact and weakness in his game..

Btw, Wade's higher assisted rate and less abnormal ball-dominance as a guard (compared to forward) makes him more conducive for ball movement than lebron.. do believe his superior style, leadership, defense and clutch makes him more likely to beat Dirk than lebron, and indeed, it played out that way as 1st options

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    You said the 06' series was rigged and that's why Wade won

I showed you that the passing gap was more equal compared to lebron's Finals losses, and that partly explains why Wade won and lebron lost

06' Wade would've lost if he got out-passed like lebron does, but he didn't, which helped him win

Whether 17/18 lebron could've won in 06' is irrelevant and would depend on other factors like defense, leadership and clutch as well as the passing.. ultimately, lebron frequently gets out-passed in losses and has this history/reputation/style - nothing will change that empirical fact and weakness in his game..

Btw, Wade's higher assisted rate and less abnormal ball-dominance as a guard (compared to forward) makes him more conducive for ball movement than lebron.. do believe his superior style, leadership, defense and clutch makes him more likely to beat Dirk than lebron, and indeed, it played out that way as 1st options
    4 rebounds and 2 assists

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Nothing will ever top this

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

41 ppg (record), and 20 more than 2nd option (record burden)

is >>>>>>

Along with 1991 beating a top 5 player while defending and holding him down (lebron got destroyed by durant in 12')

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    4 rebounds and 2 assists
    When did lebron single-handedly win a Finals in the last minute?

MJ was just a genuis - his old ass knew he could keep it close by carrying the scoring burden while leading his troops to goat teamwork and defense, so his goat clutch could take over at the end

Lebron isn't clutch enough for that - he has ZERO clutch shots on the championship level - just not good enough

41 ppg (record), and 20 more than 2nd option (record burden)

is >>>>>>

Along with 1991 beating a top 5 player while defending and holding him down (lebron got destroyed by durant in 12')
    Magic got his regular season averages against MJ in the 91 Finals. Can't say the same for Durant in 2012.

Let me know when MJ primarily guarded any scoring champions in the Finals or that avg. 28ppg or more in that same regular season.

Banned

lebron lost every finals due to a lack of defense, resolve, free throw shooting, heart, cohesiveness, teamwork, leadership, outside contested shooting, shying away from the big moments, strategy, willingness to take the opposing teams best player, worrying more bout his numbers to pass blame

he should be 1 for 9 and was saved by ray allen/kyrie bail outs

he is in reality an elgin baylor type player that should never be considered top 10 all time.

he's being exposed as we speak in a real conference and never would have won a single title without a free ticket to the finals.

bran stans are in overdrive right now because they know their time has come to an end. in fact it came to an end back in 2014. the last time lebron gave even half a thought about playing defense. its half of the game. so lebron is only half of a player

the end

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Magic got his regular season averages against MJ in the 91 Finals. Can't say the same for Durant in 2012.

Let me know when MJ primarily guarded any scoring champions in the Finals or that avg. 28ppg or more in that same regular season.
    MJ guarded the goat passer, so that's pretty good.. and the 2nd best passer (Stockton)

And Magic shot like crap, while Durant shot 55% lights out

I would invite you to look up the stats of guys MJ guarded in the playoffs - nearly all were shut down and shot poorly - Miller, Drexler, Magic, Isiah, Hornacek, Starks, Majerle - you name it - they're all-stars and they shot like crap with MJ on them like white on rice

Lebron has no such track record - quite the opposite, actually

MJ guarded the goat passer, so that's pretty good.. and the 2nd best passer (Stockton)

Magic like crap tho

Durant shot 55% lights out

I would invite you to look up the stats of guys MJ guarded in the playoffs - nearly all were shut down and shot poorly - Miller, Drexler, Magic, Isiah, Hornacek, Starks, Majerle - you name it - they're all-stars and they shot like crap with MJ on them like white on rice

Lebron has no such track record - quite the opposite, actually
    He guarded the goat passer..... who gives a shit about guarding a passer. You always harp about players scoring and getting their season avg against LeBron in the Postseason. Well.... that's exactly what past prime Magic did against prime MJ. Now it doesn't matter? GTFO

Like I said, show me where MJ guarded a scoring champion in the Finals or anyone who avg. 28ppg+ the same year like LeBron has had to multiple times.

He guarded the goat passer..... who gives a shit about guarding a passer. You always harp about players scoring and getting their season avg against LeBron in the Postseason. Well.... that's exactly what past prime Magic did against prime MJ. Now it doesn't matter? GTFO

Like I said, show me where MJ guarded a scoring champion in the Finals or anyone who avg. 28ppg+ the same year like LeBron has had to multiple times.
    Again, magic shot poorly, while Durant was lights out

And Drexler was averaging 33.5 points per 100 possessions in 92', compared to Durant's 35.3 in 2017

That's the closest I could find, so lebron faces the tougher scorer, but magic is still tougher to guard overall, while being the better player than durant

lebron simply never guarded a player as good as Magic

And yet Jordan held him to poor shooting, while durant was lights out

Btw, 93' Dominique was a more prolific scorer than 17' Durant, and MJ swept him and Augmon in the 93' playoffs.. I'm sure mj guarded nique' some, although pippen probably guarded him the most

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

He guarded the goat passer..... who gives a shit about guarding a passer

who gives a shit about guarding magic johnson?

chico

magic was certainly better than '15 iggy and '14 kawhi by a mile and bran let them win FMVPs on his back.

Again, magic shot poorly, while Durant was lights out

And Drexler was averaging 33.5 points per 100 possessions in 92', compared to Durant's 35.3 in 2017
    LOL @ using per 100 possessions. I thought we were using 2012 Durant as the example?? I guess you needed to change the year considering he avg. 37 points per 100, huh??

That's the closest I could find, so lebron faces the tougher scorer, but magic is still tougher to guard overall, while being the better player than durant

lebron simply never guarded a player as good as Magic
    2012, 2017 and 2018 KD not as good as 1991 Magic???

And yet Jordan held him to poor shooting, while durant was lights out
    Magic avg. that Finals the same as he did in the reg. season. Durant did not.
    That's your criteria for LeBron's opponents and who he guards.

Case closed. Take the L and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    who gives a shit about guarding magic johnson?

chico

magic was certainly better than '15 iggy and '14 kawhi by a mile and bran let them win FMVPs on his back.
    Weak trolling, Jethro

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

Literally impossible.

Believe it or not this is even more impressive than taking down

-10 ppg Hornacek
    -12 ppg Stockton
    -Terry Porter
    -Shooting guard ECF battles with John Starks
    -Or even taking down 6'2.5 Payton

2012, 2017 and 2018 KD not as good as 1991 Magic???

MVP voting:

91' Magic:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 2
    12/17/18 Durant:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 2, 7, 9

12' Durant was a young pup, not a peaking 5-time champion, yet both MVP runner-ups got trounced similarly

Except lebron had an extra HOF teammate of course