Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Larry Bird vs MJ = 23 wins-11 losses; Isiah Thomas vs MJ = 36 wins-29 losses

you can try all you want, facts are facts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M7yBjtx_Ic&t=257s

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Bird vs MJ = 23 wins-11 losses; Isiah Thomas vs MJ = 36 wins-29 losses

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Orlando Woolridge put up better numbers in 1986 playoffs than both Wade and Bosh did in 2014 Finals. Oakley's 10-10 >>>>>>> Bosh's 14-5

MJ had 2 perennial All-Stars in 1986. Easily had more help than LeBron had in 2014.
    The evidence is overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Both playoffs and regular season

So according to many here

Kobe > Duncan because of the records

so Bird and Isiah > Jordan?
    These records against eachother are not in games of 1 on 1.

Team vs team.

But on the other hand Bird and Isiah at the time were in fact better team players. Jordan wouldn't become a winner until he started playing more like them.

Phil Jackson, Eleven Rings, pg. 81-82:

"My first step was to talk to Michael… I knew Michael wasn't a fan of the triangle… This was not going to be an easy conversation. Basically I was planning to ask Michael, who had won his third scoring title in a row the previous season, to reduce the number of shots he took so that other members of the team could get more involved with the offense. 'The important thing is to let everybody touch the ball, so they won't feel like spectators. You can't beat a good defensive team with one man. It's got to be a team effort.'"

Who knows what it all means.

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    These records against eachother are not in games of 1 on 1.

Team vs team.

But on the other hand Bird and Isiah at the time were in fact better team players. Jordan wouldn't become a winner until he started playing more like them.

Phil Jackson, Eleven Rings, pg. 81-82:

"My first step was to talk to Michael… I knew Michael wasn't a fan of the triangle… This was not going to be an easy conversation. Basically I was planning to ask Michael, who had won his third scoring title in a row the previous season, to reduce the number of shots he took so that other members of the team could get more involved with the offense. 'The important thing is to let everybody touch the ball, so they won't feel like spectators. You can't beat a good defensive team with one man. It's got to be a team effort.'"

Who knows what it all means.
    You do realize that jordan didn't shine at all until the 90s, right? Those were his and the bulls glorious times.

But sure. Let us pick on him for being a total scrub in the 80s.