Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default I've seen enough, the Houston Rockets will beat the Warriors and win the Championship

They are hungrier, deeper, and more together.

They would have won last year if CP3 didn't get injured.

They've owned the Warriors head to head the last 2 years(8-5 including 3-0 this year to my knowledge).

The only thing that can save the Warriors is if Durant goes completely insane, but Harden is playing well enough to counteract that.

Last edited by eliteballer; 03-06-2019 at 03:23 AM.

Default Re: I've seen enough, the Houston Rockets will beat the Warriors and win the Championship

2x MVP.

1x Finals MVP.

Default Re: I've seen enough, the Houston Rockets will beat the Warriors and win the Championship

I really hope so. Would be so sweet after the disappointing ending in game 7 against the Warriors

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

rockets as usual will do nothing during the playoffs. my money's on the East this year

Quote Originally Posted by nashwade
    rockets as usual will do nothing during the playoffs. my money's on the East this year
    Nothing?

They could've potentially beat them last year if CP3 didn't get hurt. I personally don't think the outcome would've changed but it's certainly possible.

If Harden can perform at even like 80% of what he's doing this season during the playoffs then I think they have a shot.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Nothing?

They could've potentially beat them last year if CP3 didn't get hurt. I personally don't think the outcome would've changed but it's certainly possible.

If Harden can perform at even like 80% of what he's doing this season during the playoffs then I think they have a shot.
    but we've all seen what playoff-Harden is like, haven't we?

This would he the worst possible outcome for the league.

This boring style of play should not be celebrated or replicated....they should actually shut the whole franchise down and blackball Harden

but we've all seen what playoff-Harden is like, haven't we?
    We have, but every season is different. It's possible that he finally steps his game up in the playoffs instead of choking every year like usual. Whether I think that's it'll actually happen or not is a different story but even if he doesn't, as long as CP3 is healthy and contributing then they'll have a chance.

like they did last year when they went up 3-2 on GSW with Paul? Dumbass

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

They are hungrier, deeper, and more together.
    The Warriors 3rd through 6th best players are a DPOY, someone who can drop 60 in the time it takes to watch a simpsons episode without commercials, a guy who put up 27/12 and 24/13 the last two years, and a(clearly aging but still solid) finals MVP.

The Rockets 3rd and 4th best players are Capela and Gordon.

The rockets may or may not win...but it wont be because of depth. It would be because Harden monopolized the ball to his usual insane degree but his shots fell this time.

The Rockets dont win with depth. They win with Harden playing the most minutes in the league and scoring like 39ppg since Thanksgiving.

If hes gonna take 16 threes a game like hes done over the last 2-3 months....if he makes them they can win. If not they probably wont. At his volume its not much more complicated than that. And its hard to keep making them after several tough playoff series.

If his legs are even somewhat shot by the middle of the warriors series its a wrap. I have heard he knows that though and is adjusting his workouts and practices to reduce late season fatigue. He might need to do it Bill Russell style and not even practice. Go all out in games and just shoot around and read in practice while less important guys work up a sweat.

If his shot is off even a little bit Paul will have to take it back to 07-14 level while gordon shoots lights out and Capela catches every lob under 13 feet for them to win.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    like they did last year when they went up 3-2 on GSW with Paul? Dumbass

The 08 Hawks took a champ to 7. The Pacers had the Heat on the ropes. People wont even remember those teams existed.

You win or you pretty much didnt exist in history.

Since KD has joined, no team has taken the Warriors to 6 games, let alone 7. I don't see how this is nothing.

Even though OP may be trying to instigate a little, his point is no hot take. The Rockets have been the number 1 opponent to the title for the Warriors this year even when they were playing like trash. They're far and away the second best team in the NBA (much better than anything out East) and have a good shot of winning it this year. Warriors look exactly like the 2014 Heat team. Sick of playing with each other, and it's made even worse now that Boogie is on the court.. another high % usg player who takes a lot of shots. You can't have 4 players that all love to shoot the ball at will with 3 wanting the ball all the time.

Bleh. U haven't seen enough then

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The Warriors 3rd through 6th best players are a DPOY, someone who can drop 60 in the time it takes to watch a simpsons episode without commercials, a guy who put up 27/12 and 24/13 the last two years, and a(clearly aging but still solid) finals MVP.

The Rockets 3rd and 4th best players are Capela and Gordon.

The rockets may or may not win...but it wont be because of depth. It would be because Harden monopolized the ball to his usual insane degree but his shots fell this time.

The Rockets dont win with depth. They win with Harden playing the most minutes in the league and scoring like 39ppg since Thanksgiving.

If hes gonna take 16 threes a game like hes done over the last 2-3 months....if he makes them they can win. If not they probably wont. At his volume its not much more complicated than that. And its hard to keep making them after several tough playoff series.

If his legs are even somewhat shot by the middle of the warriors series its a wrap. I have heard he knows that though and is adjusting his workouts and practices to reduce late season fatigue. He might need to do it Bill Russell style and not even practice. Go all out in games and just shoot around and read in practice while less important guys work up a sweat.

If his shot is off even a little bit Paul will have to take it back to 07-14 level while gordon shoots lights out and Capela catches every lob under 13 feet for them to win.
    Great description. Why don't you bring Jordan, Pippen, and Magic and put them to the Clippers. I'm sure that will make them contenders by this ^ idiotic metric.

Besides Iggy never being good enough for an FMVP, he has progressively gotten worse every single season since 2015. Esp since he's injury prone, that always speeds up the process. Iggy is essentially the only non G-league tier player on the Warriors bench this season, thanks Bob being completely useless since the logo has left.

Now lets get to Klay. He scored 60 points because some of the best players of all time passed him the ball and didn't even look to shoot. KD or Curry may have gotten that hot before and started to, but too many of those streaks ended because Klay kept pulling up regardless if someone is superhot. You can even tell KD gets really pissed off (and shows it) on the floor for example when he gets hot and Klay completely ignores him by jacking up shots. It's really grating when people make it seem like the dude can pull up historic numbers because he got hot and had some of the best players of all time feeding him the ball like it's going to happen in the playoffs. He's been solid to awful in every single finals, and he's had 1 legendary game where he had 41 points from 31 shots. I love Klay and he's integral to the team, but these low iq hot takes that I hear from ESPN are awful to read, even if it's ISH.

Dray right now looks like he might not even be a top 75 player in the world. Besides being one of the most disrespected liabilities offensively in the NBA, his defense has been nowhere near DPOTY this season.

Ohh Blaze, did you mention first pick Bogut as well? Might want to add that one to the list as well.

That would be bad for the league. The new consensus would be that you can flop and travel as much as you want and get rewarded for that.