Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: I've seen enough, the Houston Rockets will beat the Warriors and win the Championship

Klay has outbursts because he gets ghost pepper hot and his focus is what the league is built on now. Tell me...really...how many of these shots are even open:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQHEusnH60

Of course it wont happen in the playoffs on a team as deep as his in close games. Only 2 people have dropped 60 in the playoffs and they both took 40 something shots to do it...were playing dynasties that had way more talent....and lost the games. Based on that its more likely Harden is gonna be the one to drop 60.

Doesnt mean Klay doesnt have the talent.

None of this shit really matters though.

What matters is the Warriors have at least 2 players who could when on their game...lead them to a W vs any team that ever existed....and then 2-3 more guys who can turn a series around....

Of course they can lose...because every team loses eventually. But talking sheer talent its laughable to compare anyone right now because of their talent at the top so you kinda have to nibble at the edges and nit pick players who had the same failings last year and won anyway....and the year before that....and lost by a single play the year before...and won the year before that. And should win this year.

Youre pretty much doing what people were doing in the 60s with the Celtics. They almost lost like 5 times....had guys get old....guys like Cousy be great in name only....people retire....lose the coach...always need a miracle shot by sam jones or Hondo....for Russell to have a throwback night. But almost doesnt mean shit.

You win or you lose.

The Warriors could lose because basketball is never as simple as talent.

But talent is as simple as talent. They have it. Even if Draymond left his jumper in 2016. He shot 26% from 3 in the playoffs last year. And Steph and Iggy missed 7 games each. Still won it all. Thats what supreme talent allows. ****ups to not be fatal.

Houston does not have that luxury. Nobody in the NBA has it now but them.

You have to not only be on your game...but healthy. The Warriors can have 2-3 guys off their game...and one not play at all....and still win the title.

At least 3 teams have the talent/star power/coaching to **** with them. At least. Maybe even 4. Philly, Boston, and the Raptors all have nice talent and the Bucks are for real. So its not impossible they lose....they are a lock to lose eventually.

But none of these reasons why apply any more than the last couple years. KD and Curry are the x-factors. The people who make similar teams of top 8 talent lose anyway.....nobody has 2 players with that gear to go to. You might have one...like the Shaq/Kobe days.....but nobody has 2.

Someone is gonna 67 76ers them and stop the reign one day. But teams like this tend to know how to flip a switch. Lets see how that defense looks with cousins on the floor in like...the second round. Then we will have a better idea. They have been ****ing around all season.

Default Re: I've seen enough, the Houston Rockets will beat the Warriors and win the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The 08 Hawks took a champ to 7. The Pacers had the Heat on the ropes. People wont even remember those teams existed.

You win or you pretty much didnt exist in history.
    Yeah, and would you say the 08 Hawks did nothing in the playoffs?

Or the Pacers?

Are you even paying attention at this point anymore, blaze?

You should forfeit your mod spot, tbh

plus you're being overly dramatic

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Your not EVER winning a championship with Harden as your best player end of

I don't know why people keep falling for this fraud every year, he's a regular season player nothing more he will always underperform come playoff time last year was his only legit chance and he blew it

I really hope so, that would be a hell of a turnaround from how the season started. I still think it starts and ends with the officiating and how close it runs to regular season reffing.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You really just ask me if a team that lost in the first round did something in the playoffs?

[COLOR=Teal]The Rockets and warriors share some similarities. Both are perimeter oriented teams and can score in bunches. Both have very good rim protectors. One team has better starting five, the other a better bench.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]If the Rockets are healthy I believe that can cause the Warriors problems should they meet. 6-7 game series that could go either way.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]The Warriors will always be the favorites until they're dethroned, but the Rockets are certainly the hungrier team. It's all contingent on Harden showing up when it matters.
    [/COLOR]

much as I hate the rockets I think they have a legit shot this year, while I would like the warriors to 3 peat , unless they get there act together they going to lose. Only way I see the rockets lose is if Harden has another of his classic choke jobs and CP3 gets cursed again with an injury.

They would need 2 not so hard series in 1st and 2nd round, so Harden doesnt get tired and then him being lights out shooting for at least 6 games against GSW in WCF.

So, they have to escape from OKC/Jazz in earlier rounds and then beat Denver without homecourt to then beat GSW without homecourt again.

Possible but really improbable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The Warriors 3rd through 6th best players are a DPOY, someone who can drop 60 in the time it takes to watch a simpsons episode without commercials, a guy who put up 27/12 and 24/13 the last two years, and a(clearly aging but still solid) finals MVP.

The Rockets 3rd and 4th best players are Capela and Gordon.

The rockets may or may not win...but it wont be because of depth. It would be because Harden monopolized the ball to his usual insane degree but his shots fell this time.

The Rockets dont win with depth. They win with Harden playing the most minutes in the league and scoring like 39ppg since Thanksgiving.

If hes gonna take 16 threes a game like hes done over the last 2-3 months....if he makes them they can win. If not they probably wont. At his volume its not much more complicated than that. And its hard to keep making them after several tough playoff series.

If his legs are even somewhat shot by the middle of the warriors series its a wrap. I have heard he knows that though and is adjusting his workouts and practices to reduce late season fatigue. He might need to do it Bill Russell style and not even practice. Go all out in games and just shoot around and read in practice while less important guys work up a sweat.

If his shot is off even a little bit Paul will have to take it back to 07-14 level while gordon shoots lights out and Capela catches every lob under 13 feet for them to win.
    Who were the 3rd-6th best players for the Bulls and the Lakers under Phil Jackson?
    3rd best player for the '16 Cavs? 04 Heat? I think teams can get away with it with great defense and timely shots too.
    The problem is that based on history, CP3 tend to get hurt after 2ND TO 3RD round in the playoffs esp after 3-4 grueling games... It just seems like his bones and ligaments get softer when the going gets tough. Houston lost last year not because of lack of quality 3-6 teammates, they lost bec their 2nd best player was injured.. again.

With Durant's injury, Rockets may be in position to grab the #1 seed..

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    With Durant's injury, Rockets may be in position to grab the #1 seed..
    Bruh it was just a contusion, he'll probably only miss 1-2 games if any at all.

Who would the Rockets play?

Bucks?

Giannis vs Harden?

Cool.

If the Rockets beat the Warriors and set up a date with OKC in the conference finals??? Dayum