Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: I've seen enough, the Houston Rockets will beat the Warriors and win the Championship

I can see the Rockets beating them only to lose to the Spurs or Bucks

Default Re: I've seen enough, the Houston Rockets will beat the Warriors and win the Championship

College superstar

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    Great description. Why don't you bring Jordan, Pippen, and Magic and put them to the Clippers. I'm sure that will make them contenders by this ^ idiotic metric.

Besides Iggy never being good enough for an FMVP, he has progressively gotten worse every single season since 2015. Esp since he's injury prone, that always speeds up the process. Iggy is essentially the only non G-league tier player on the Warriors bench this season, thanks Bob being completely useless since the logo has left.

Now lets get to Klay. He scored 60 points because some of the best players of all time passed him the ball and didn't even look to shoot. KD or Curry may have gotten that hot before and started to, but too many of those streaks ended because Klay kept pulling up regardless if someone is superhot. You can even tell KD gets really pissed off (and shows it) on the floor for example when he gets hot and Klay completely ignores him by jacking up shots. It's really grating when people make it seem like the dude can pull up historic numbers because he got hot and had some of the best players of all time feeding him the ball like it's going to happen in the playoffs. He's been solid to awful in every single finals, and he's had 1 legendary game where he had 41 points from 31 shots. I love Klay and he's integral to the team, but these low iq hot takes that I hear from ESPN are awful to read, even if it's ISH.

Dray right now looks like he might not even be a top 75 player in the world. Besides being one of the most disrespected liabilities offensively in the NBA, his defense has been nowhere near DPOTY this season.

Ohh Blaze, did you mention first pick Bogut as well? Might want to add that one to the list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    If the Rockets beat the Warriors and set up a date with OKC in the conference finals??? Dayum

I

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    Great description. Why don't you bring Jordan, Pippen, and Magic and put them to the Clippers. I'm sure that will make them contenders by this ^ idiotic metric.

Besides Iggy never being good enough for an FMVP, he has progressively gotten worse every single season since 2015. Esp since he's injury prone, that always speeds up the process. Iggy is essentially the only non G-league tier player on the Warriors bench this season, thanks Bob being completely useless since the logo has left.

Now lets get to Klay. He scored 60 points because some of the best players of all time passed him the ball and didn't even look to shoot. KD or Curry may have gotten that hot before and started to, but too many of those streaks ended because Klay kept pulling up regardless if someone is superhot. You can even tell KD gets really pissed off (and shows it) on the floor for example when he gets hot and Klay completely ignores him by jacking up shots. It's really grating when people make it seem like the dude can pull up historic numbers because he got hot and had some of the best players of all time feeding him the ball like it's going to happen in the playoffs. He's been solid to awful in every single finals, and he's had 1 legendary game where he had 41 points from 31 shots. I love Klay and he's integral to the team, but these low iq hot takes that I hear from ESPN are awful to read, even if it's ISH.

Dray right now looks like he might not even be a top 75 player in the world. Besides being one of the most disrespected liabilities offensively in the NBA, his defense has been nowhere near DPOTY this season.

Ohh Blaze, did you mention first pick Bogut as well? Might want to add that one to the list as well.

imagine melting down this much over having a stacked team

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You really just ask me if a team that lost in the first round did something in the playoffs?
    You like to argue just to argue.

I say the Rockets proved their superiority through a 5-game sample size and the next 2 games CONTINUING that display by beating the Warriors at half time, but then dwindling due to fatique with no Paul on an already short rotation.

You re-treat with some irrelevant bit about the memorability of the 2008 Hawks that took the Celtics to 7.

insert jackie chan wtf jpg.

Stop losing it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You thinking a team proves superior to another in 5 games of a series they lose is reason enough for me to let your argument be. Anyone reading it should see the problem without me putting a flashlight on it.

You thinking a team proves superior to another in 5 games of a series they lose is reason enough for me to let your argument be. Anyone reading it should see the problem without me putting a flashlight on it.
    they were better in the regular season, they were better in the previous rounds, they were better in the series....

i dunno, lets call sherlock up for this one? seems like a tricky one

3-time NBA All-Star

They're up 2-0 but they're not great on the road so there's a good chance it will be 2-2 going back the g.s. I'll admit I'm not as confident as I was last year about Houston winning. Chris Paul is looking really old and just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    they were better in the regular season, they were better in the previous rounds, they were better in the series....

i dunno, lets call sherlock up for this one? seems like a tricky one

Better in a regular season the Warriors stopped caring about after 2016, they both won the first and second rounds 4-1 vs largely unimpressive comp(Spurs and Pelicans vs Minnesota and Jazz), and being "better" in a series you lose is like winning on points but being knocked out in the 9th round. Take pride in that. After you wake up.

You get respect when you win. Not when you have a good showing. Not a team full of well established veterans at least. Young team gets Rocky 1 credit. Just go the distance vs the champ. The Rockets are built to win with established guys. You dont get the "He held his own....." props in Rocky 3. You win the title or you dont.

And maybe they will. But that wont change last year.

Better in a regular season the Warriors stopped caring about after 2016, they both won the first and second rounds 4-1 vs largely unimpressive comp(Spurs and Pelicans vs Minnesota and Jazz), and being "better" in a series you lose is like winning on points but being knocked out in the 9th round. Take pride in that. After you wake up.

You get respect when you win. Not when you have a good showing. Not a team full of well established veterans at least. Young team gets Rocky 1 credit. Just go the distance vs the champ. The Rockets are built to win with established guys. You dont get the "He held his own....." props in Rocky 3. You win the title or you dont.

And maybe they will. But that wont change last year.
    You just want to worry about one less thing. Your world (basketball world) is a lot more comfortable if you don't have to mentally remember to attach a question mark behind the 2018 champion.

There probably isn't a single year in history you'd like to say a team got fortunate because another was better, just because you don't like the concept of this.

Again, where exactly did the Warriors prove they were better than the Rockets?

Not in the RS.

Not in the first two rounds.

Not in the series. Not even in the 2 games Paul missed, down 15 points minimum in both but the short rotation and fatique of having to overplay guys without Paul did Houston in.

I mean, its a pretty straightforward case.

But you just dont like to think that way. I get it. But at least make it clear: The Rockets with Paul by all accounts were the superior team.

And it isn't just some late regular season injury with much room for error and imagination. They downright proved it for as long as they could.

The better team losing isnt a foreign concept. Upsets happen. The Nets beating the 84 76ers. All number of 8-1 and 7-2 matchups. But a team on its way to a third ring struggling to win a series in the process vs a less talented team that has yet to accomplish anything important just doesnt register.

I dont need a question mark behind any champion. Things are what they are. I dont need a question mark behind the 02 Lakers. They won. Or 05 Spurs. Or 13 Heat.

Almost losing means exactly the same as winning. And I mean EXACTLY the same. You can "____ should have won!" your way up and down the history of every sport I follow. Nice to stretch the hypothetical muscles now and then.

But it doesnt actually mean anything at all. Proving youre the best....while losing? Cute. Go ahead and get that put on a trophy. Display that real prominently in the trophy case next to the 69 Lakers rings and gold medal the "You believe in miracles?" Russians should have won.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    You just want to worry about one less thing. Your world (basketball world) is a lot more comfortable if you don't have to mentally remember to attach a question mark behind the 2018 champion.

There probably isn't a single year in history you'd like to say a team got fortunate because another was better, just because you don't like the concept of this.

Again, where exactly did the Warriors prove they were better than the Rockets?

Not in the RS.

Not in the first two rounds.

Not in the series. Not even in the 2 games Paul missed, down 15 points minimum in both but the short rotation and fatique of having to overplay guys without Paul did Houston in.

I mean, its a pretty straightforward case.

But you just dont like to think that way. I get it. But at least make it clear: The Rockets with Paul by all accounts were the superior team.

And it isn't just some late regular season injury with much room for error and imagination. They downright proved it for as long as they could.
    nah cause he is telling it just like it is.same with any championship. every loser can bring up some sort of excuse.