Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: In Basketball terms Michael Jordan is the Sun - Everything revolves around him

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    So you only watched his era and LeBron's. Just like people who just watched LeBron era. Just like people watched Kareem's and Wilt's era.

So basically how the **** you know Jordan is the GOAT since you haven' paid close attention to other greats era?
    Because I actually listened to people talking in real life back about the topic instead of basing my opinion on limited information. I did the exact thing you SHOULD be doing instead of acting like a typical LeGBT stan that thinks the guy he saw is GOAT because that's all he saw and that's all he knows.

The guys that saw Russel, Wilt, Jordan and KAJ would talk about this shit when I was a kid with my dad in the barbershop. All these old guys talking about how MJ was the GOAT and this was after his first 3 peat. They saw ALL of those other players and even though they WANTED their guy to be the GOAT, they had no choice but to admit MJ was the best they ever witnessed. And this was BEFORE MJ even begun his 2nd 3 peat. This wasn't just one time discussion, it was every fvcking time. All those old guys WANTED to be like Mike, just like the kids my age at the time wanted. The NBA revolved around MJ after his 1st 3 peat in the eyes of those who saw all the past greats, and it STILL revolves around him today. I'm able to take their opinion, combine it with my opinion based on what I've seen, and the answer is clear. No opinion from someone who only saw LeBron will change that.
    Last edited by Skip_Bayless; 03-09-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Default Re: In Basketball terms Michael Jordan is the Sun - Everything revolves around him

Quote Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
    Because I actually listened to people talking in real life back about the topic instead of basing my opinion on limited information. I did the exact thing you SHOULD be doing instead of acting like a typical LeGBT stan that thinks the guy he saw is GOAT because that's all he saw and that's all he knows.

The guys that saw Russel, Wilt, Jordan and KAJ would talk about this shit when I was a kid with my dad in the barbershop. All these old guys talking about how MJ was the GOAT and this was after his first 3 peat. They saw ALL of those other players and even though they WANTED their guy to be the GOAT, they had no choice but to admit MJ was the best they ever witnessed. And this was BEFORE MJ even begun his 2nd 3 peat. This wasn't just one time discussion, it was every fvcking time. All those old guys WANTED to be like Mike, just like the kids my age at the time wanted. The NBA revolved around MJ after his 1st 3 peat in the eyes of those who saw all the past greats, and it STILL revolves around him today. No opinion from someone who only saw LeBron will change that.
    What's funny is that even the "All time greats" take offence to MJ being called the unanimous GOAT. Especially when rules changed to accommodate him. Jordan was the league at the time and there was no way Stern was going to risk losing his "biggest star" over "bully ball".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Egokllier

The guys that saw Russel, Wilt, Jordan and KAJ would talk about this shit when I was a kid with my dad in the barbershop. All these old guys talking about how MJ was the GOAT and this was after his first 3 peat. They saw ALL of those other players and even though they WANTED their guy to be the GOAT, they had no choice but to admit MJ was the best they ever witnessed. And this was BEFORE MJ even begun his 2nd 3 peat. This wasn't just one time discussion, it was every fvcking time. All those old guys WANTED to be like Mike, just like the kids my age at the time wanted. The NBA revolved around MJ after his 1st 3 peat in the eyes of those who saw all the past greats, and it STILL revolves around him today. I'm able to take their opinion, combine it with my opinion based on what I've seen, and the answer is clear. No opinion from someone who only saw LeBron will change that.
    Just because you saw a player live and others didn't doesn't make your opinion any more valid or legitimate

LeBron is a better all around player than anyone ever that is a fact Jordan was a scorer but LeBron had the complete package the perfect basketball player

What's funny is that even the "All time greats" take offence to MJ being called the unanimous GOAT. Especially when rules changed to accommodate him. Jordan was the league at the time and there was no way Stern was going to risk losing his "biggest star" over "bully ball".
    Hand checking and any semblance of physicality on defense was outlawed post Jordan. Players like LeBron James have benefited from this massively. What rules changes did Jordan benefit from? He was consistently mugged in the 80's and 90's on drives to the basket, fouls which would never occur today because they would result in flagrants and ejections. It's embarrassing how easy it is to get to the basket in today's game because all of the advantages are given to the offensive player.

Even MJ says he doesn't consider himself the GOAT. It's called humility, something that LeBron never had because that fvcktard made the mistake of calling himself the GOAT and then got crucified for it. I mean how dumb could he possibly be. The low IQ guy never understood that it's the fans who determine who is GOAT, not the players and the actual fans that saw them all play had MJ as GOAT. Those guys passed on and we took what they said, combined it with watching the players that came after, and determined MJ is GOAT.

This really isn't that hard of a thing to understand. Not sure why you are having problems "getting it".

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Just because you saw a player live and others didn't doesn't make your opinion any more valid or legitimate

LeBron is a better all around player than anyone ever that is a fact Jordan was a scorer but LeBron had the complete package the perfect basketball player
    The perfect basketball player does not take years off from playing defense. Sorry, James is not perfect or even close to it. He plays in a system where he is allowed to dominate the ball and he plays in an era where all of the advantages are given to the offense and none to the defense, also one where the pace of play has skyrocketed. This has inflated his numbers as well as many other current players.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBron23

MJ already showed that he could average 8 reb and 8 assists in 89. He could have done everything LeBron did and some but he instead chose to do what is needed to attain finals perfection and 6 FMVPs. LeBron didn't have the option of choosing to be like MJ because he just wasn't good enough. Instead, his method resulting in 3/9. He's not even in the conversation if we want to be honest.

And yes, people who saw players live have a much more respected opinion than those who didn't. That's just a plain fact no matter how much you wish it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Hand checking and any semblance of physicality on defense was outlawed post Jordan. Players like LeBron James have benefited from this massively. What rules changes did Jordan benefit from? He was consistently mugged in the 80's and 90's on drives to the basket, fouls which would never occur today because they would result in flagrants and ejections. It's embarrassing how easy it is to get to the basket in today's game because all of the advantages are given to the offensive player.
    Jordan benefited from a shortened 3 point line

Jordan benefited from 2 expansion drafts that watered-down the overall talent of the league

He benefited from the defensive rules where you weren't allowed to enforce proper zones

I heard someone say that the rims were shorter in the 90s at one point, not sure if it's true

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

It's 2019. If basketball revolves around Michael Jordan for you then you mentally ill. This is absolutely true if you look at the various stans here: 3ball...just completely nuts, period, Coach...defended his dick size (suspect?) etc etc

Jordan benefited from 2 expansion drafts that watered-down the overall talent of the league

He benefited from the defensive rules where you weren't allowed to enforce proper zones

I heard someone say that the rims were shorter in the 90s at one point, not sure if it's true
    None of this matters. LeBron plays in an era where you can't even touch the offensive player without getting called a foul. Hand checking is not allowed. That alone negates anything LeBron has accomplished under those rules relative to MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    It's 2019. If basketball revolves around Michael Jordan for you then you mentally ill. This is absolutely true if you look at the various stans here: 3ball...just completely nuts, period, Coach...defended his dick size (suspect?) etc etc
    Says the guy with a closet full of Jordan's. You're not fooling anyone my Bourbon drinking friend.

Shortened line, ok, that was only for 3 seasons, 95-97. He only played two full seasons with the shortened line. You talk about watered down league, well in 1988 Jordan's first MVP season there were only 23 teams, there are 30 teams in 2019. Also, there are more teams purposely tanking the last few seasons than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
    None of this matters. LeBron plays in an era where you can't even touch the offensive player without getting called a foul. Hand checking is not allowed. That alone negates anything LeBron has accomplished under those rules relative to MJ.
    This. It's just easier to score in today's game because they've outlawed physicality, it's never been more of a finesse league than this decade. All advantages are given to the offense, similar to what has happened to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Egokiller
    Yes it does matter Jordan played in a weaker era so it means that his rings and accomplishments have less value compared to today

Yes it does matter Jordan played in a weaker era so it means that his rings and accomplishments have less value compared to today
    Weaker era? LeBron played the past 15 seasons in a historically weak conference. The greatest rival that era could muster was the 08' Celtics who swiftly dispatched LeBron and the Cavaliers.