Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Does Lebron's "I need more help" mentality appeal to liberals and millenials?

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    That's actually one of the reasons why I'm looking to GTFO from my current job; been there for years. While it does have a few perks, it's the pay inequality that pisses me off most. I was just in a boardroom meeting a few days ago and had to listen to my boss go on about how our first quarter has been great so far, we all did really well, huge revenue, etc. etc. which sounds like fantastic news... except that none of us will see any of those profits... except for the managers. And this is where it gets f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cked up; the manager makes $165k/year while the assistant manager makes 70k/year. How in the f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck is that right? There's a lot of other stuff that's been going on in my job but I'm far too embarrassed to say, but needless to say; I'm looking for a new gig and already had interviews.
    Be weary of places that are in an aggressive state of growing. I've been at my company 7 years and this is the 2nd year in a row where I've not gotten the company match for my bonus. Our bonus is 25% of our yearly salary at my level. 50% of that is based on individual performance, and 50% based on how the company is doing. Now we've had an ownership change and ever since then, we've not gotten the company match the last 2 years even though we've grown the business 10% each year the last 2 years. The reasoning is because we spent too much money to do it. What's ironic is that the CFO won't show me the figures for the years where we did get 100% match. He knows that if that figures show that we spent the same amount the last 5 years as these last 2, shit is going to hit the fan. This company LOVES it when I rock the boat, especially HR.

We will find out later this month if we are getting a company match and if it's 0% like it was the last 2 years, this fortune 500 company is going to lose some serious talent. Fortunately for me, I've gotten the full 12.5% due to performance but not getting the other half which I'm used to getting and it is pissing me off especially if we are growing the business. Certain mid level managers have already told me they will leave if the same shit happens this year, and in this field, head hunters will make $20k off placing them in a new position and they will have a job within a week or two.

Then end all be all gig at my level I believe is to find a small investment firm that wants to buy a business. You walk in there and double the profits in 3 years but you make sure you have stake in the company. Then you are basically working for yourself and are motivated to work harder. That's what I'm going to do next.

Jokic Stan

Default Re: Does Lebron's "I need more help" mentality appeal to liberals and millenials?

[QUOTE=Uncle Drew]Weird of you to feel the need to type all that when I didn

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Some of these dude are the type to say "America is number one, Americans are the best"...then turn around and trash any fellow America who is even SLIGHTLY different than them.
    some of us are old enough to remember the days when America was number one...

Also, what's ironic is I see older people on their phones and social media just as much or more than young people...which is hilarious since the whole narrative a decade ago was that phones/social media are ruining kids growing up...yet shit like Facebook is dominated by the older crowd...
    It is now.

I use Facebook less and less... i've had to 'unfollow' certain people because all I see from them is complaining about social justice and other shit. Most of these people are in their 30s and up. It's embarrassing.

After typing this out...how did it not click in your brain that terming and separating random groups of people into made up generations is retarded?

I mean, you just said millenials range from 23-38 years old...LOL. Do you really think you can just make blanket statements about the huge amount of people in that age range and act like they are all the same?

Calling "millenials" snowflakes is like calling everyone over 50 "racist". It's just nonsense.

Can you really not understand that? Do you think a 23 year old and a 38 year (both "millenials") are the same? You even said in your post that they are different...

Also, what's ironic is I see older people on their phones and social media just as much or more than young people...which is hilarious since the whole narrative a decade ago was that phones/social media are ruining kids growing up...yet shit like Facebook is dominated by the older crowd...
    Once again, you aren't thinking before you actually post. Do you think I pulled that comment out of the blue? See the link. Also where are you getting 38 from me from? I said personally I think people between 23-33 think along the same lines. Do math. How old is someone if they were born from 86-96?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...tion-z-begins/
    Last edited by Skip_Bayless; 03-09-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Jokic Stan

It is now.

I use Facebook less and less... i've had to 'unfollow' certain people because all I see from them is complaining about social justice and other shit. Most of these people are in their 30s and up. It's embarrassing.
    And yet...plenty of people out there would call that the action of a "snowflake" who can't handle "different viewpoints", and accuse you of only being able to live in your personal "bubble", where all the information you receive conforms to your already held beliefs and biases.

But you would disagree with them calling you a snowflake right?

Quote Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
    Be weary of places that are in an aggressive state of growing. I've been at my company 7 years and this is the 2nd year in a row where I've not gotten the company match for my bonus. Our bonus is 25% of our yearly salary at my level. 50% of that is based on individual performance, and 50% based on how the company is doing. Now we've had an ownership change and ever since then, we've not gotten the company match the last 2 years even though we've grown the business 10% each year the last 2 years. The reasoning is because we spent too much money to do it. What's ironic is that the CFO won't show me the figures for the years where we did get 100% match. He knows that if that figures show that we spent the same amount the last 5 years as these last 2, shit is going to hit the fan. This company LOVES it when I rock the boat, especially HR.

We will find out later this month if we are getting a company match and if it's 0% like it was the last 2 years, this fortune 500 company is going to lose some serious talent. Fortunately for me, I've gotten the full 12.5% due to performance but not getting the other half which I'm used to getting and it is pissing me off especially if we are growing the business. Certain mid level managers have already told me they will leave if the same shit happens this year, and in this field, head hunters will make $20k off placing them in a new position and they will have a job within a week or two.

Then end all be all gig at my level I believe is to find a small investment firm that wants to buy a business. You walk in there and double the profits in 3 years but you make sure you have stake in the company. Then you are basically working for yourself and are motivated to work harder. That's what I'm going to do next.
    I've only just started looking for a new job last month, so I'm in the early stages... but just because I really want out of my current environment doesn't mean I'm going to take the first offer I get;

The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    some of us are old enough to remember the days when America was number one...
    It's easy to be number one when you are the supreme victor of a complete world war...are you surprised that the rest of the world wants to live a good life as well and has caught up or even surpassed America in some categories?

And yet...plenty of people out there would call that the action of a "snowflake" who can't handle "different viewpoints", and accuse you of only being able to live in your personal "bubble", where all the information you receive conforms to your already held beliefs and biases.

But you would disagree with them calling you a snowflake right?
    Yeah I would. It's not that I can't take it... it's that I'm tired of hearing about it. It was interesting the first 50 times I heard bitching about a particular social issue, now it's just like that annoying song by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper that's played over and over and over again.

I log onto facebook or any other platform like it (reddit, for example) as an escape from bullshit, kind of like here; trolling LeBron fanboys with gifs is fun. I'm sure they love to respond seeing how the back and forth goes on forever.

It is now.

I hardly use the shit. Nothing but people taking pictures of shit that they bought or what they did that day trying to gain social acceptance. People like us have our shit together, we don't need acceptance from others in the form of facebook to know who we are. We don't have to post it. We lived it. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
    I hardly use the shit. Nothing but people taking pictures of shit that they bought or what they did that day trying to gain social acceptance. People like us have our shit together, we don't need acceptance from others in the form of facebook to know who we are. We don't have to post it. We lived it. It's pathetic.
    Yah I more or less feel that way about instagram. I have an account, but I only use it to lurk. And the only reason why I have it is because a friend of mine forced me to sign up to follow some hot girl we were friends with. Otherwise; in the 5 years or so I've had the account I've never posted anything. Even when all my friends tell me I should because I'm a great photographer (not to brag, I know I am) but I don't care to post because.... what's it gonna do for me? Get some likes? Maybe even a lot of likes? For what... validation? I don't need validation from anyone. That's not why I do photography professionally or as a hobby.

I had this discussion last night with a friend and I remember saying 'if you wanna see my photographs, come over to my place... they're printed and framed in my livingroom. Maybe we'll even have a conversation like people used to instead of just hitting the like button.'

Default Re: Does Lebron's "I need more help" mentality appeal to SJWs and millenials?

this grouping of million of people, wildly different, has always been a tool of the dumb. the sheep.

This is a weird ass comment from someone who isn't bullettooth...

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Does Lebron's "I need more help" mentality appeal to SJWs and millenials?

Do non-millenials think they are superior to millenials?

And does Jordans arrogant attitude appeal to them?

It's easy to be number one when you are the supreme victor of a complete world war...are you surprised that the rest of the world wants to live a good life as well and has caught up or even surpassed America in some categories?
    Careful, you are starting that millenial thinking again. This whole idea that everyone should be having a good life, and that no one should be left behind is exactly the kind of shit we are talking about. What you need to understand is that there are WINNERS and there are LOSERS in life. You will NEVER have a situation where everyone is a winner. It's not possible. Want to become a winner? Find out what is needed to become one. Work hard at that shit. If someone is in some shit hole country and wants to have the life of an American, then they need to find out what they need to do in order to attain that. What someone WANTS and what they actually do about it to GET it are two different concepts. Seems like this concept is lost on many.