Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Days Gone

  1. #1
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,812

    Default Days Gone

    Open world zombie hoard survival.


    Doesn't really introduce anything unique but it sure looks entertaining af


    Day-1 snag if campaign reviews are legit.


    April 25th


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PilyiGbVFqw

  2. #2
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,653

    Default Re: Days Gone

    It's been two years it feels like I've been reading and watching the development on this thing. A few things have always worried me about the stuff I saw, mostly the physics on some of the massive hoards of zombies, which makes it feel really shooter-y from watching gameplay footage, which has essentially been the same two clips for two years.

    But piece by piece it feels like a must buy. Open world. Some light RPG elements, like upgrading the bike. A plot that could pay off. An interesting setting in the Pacific Northwest. Really a lot to like. And a lot of stuff that could go wrong. I know there were well thought of open world games that just died for me because of the world being dead, or the driving mechanics going flat (Mafia for me on both accounts).

    And open worlds are going to be reaching for a new bar after Red Dead, an admittedly flawed game, but one for which the map I think might be the best I've ever played.

    I'm also coming off of Spiderman, which suffers from some minor dead world issues, but is still a superb open world game, and one where traversing the map is maybe the best it's ever been in a open world.

  3. #3
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,812

    Default Re: Days Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It's been two years it feels like I've been reading and watching the development on this thing. A few things have always worried me about the stuff I saw, mostly the physics on some of the massive hoards of zombies, which makes it feel really shooter-y from watching gameplay footage, which has essentially been the same two clips for two years.

    But piece by piece it feels like a must buy. Open world. Some light RPG elements, like upgrading the bike. A plot that could pay off. An interesting setting in the Pacific Northwest. Really a lot to like. And a lot of stuff that could go wrong. I know there were well thought of open world games that just died for me because of the world being dead, or the driving mechanics going flat (Mafia for me on both accounts).

    And open worlds are going to be reaching for a new bar after Red Dead, an admittedly flawed game, but one for which the map I think might be the best I've ever played.

    I'm also coming off of Spiderman, which suffers from some minor dead world issues, but is still a superb open world game, and one where traversing the map is maybe the best it's ever been in a open world.

    I have a feeling this game will turn out really well, or really really boring


    If it's drive from camp to camp, conquer/resque, loot, repeat. It'll get stale fairly quick. It's got a good platform to have some unique strategy and dark storyline to capitalize on, they'll either execute or not.


    Mad Max is a good example with a really dope open world scenery but the gameplay and quest was so redundant. (drive quest to quest, kill, loot, upgrade car, repeat) A lot of games are dry and repetitive like this.

  4. #4
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,653

    Default Re: Days Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    I have a feeling this game will turn out really well, or really really boring


    If it's drive from camp to camp, conquer/resque, loot, repeat. It'll get stale fairly quick. It's got a good platform to have some unique strategy and dark storyline to capitalize on, they'll either execute or not.


    Mad Max is a good example with a really dope open world scenery but the gameplay and quest was so redundant. (drive quest to quest, kill, loot, upgrade car, repeat) A lot of games are dry and repetitive like this.

    I agree, right now it's just short of pre-order for me. I need to see some reviews.

    I remember being really hyped about The Division for a lot of similar reasons. The map seemed great. And the story felt compelling. But in the end every NYC block looked and felt the same. The bad guys were on constant repeat. The shooting didn't feel right. And the city just felt dead.

    It still wasn't bad, but it always felt just short of being good. It's sequel interested me because it felt like a lot of that stuff was going to be addressed, but that now feels more like it's shooting more for multiplayer than even the first one did.

    Mad Max was a game I was really interested in, waited for that first wave of reviews, and decided against it. And the reviews weren't terrible. They just pointed out some flaws that I knew would ruin it for me.
    Last edited by Thorpesaurous; 03-11-2019 at 04:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,812

    Default Re: Days Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I agree, right now it's just short of pre-order for me. I need to see some reviews.

    I remember being really hyped about The Division for a lot of similar reasons. The map seemed great. And the story felt compelling. But in the end every NYC block looked and felt the same. The bad guys were on constant repeat. The shooting didn't feel right. And the city just felt dead.

    It still wasn't bad, but it always felt just short of being good. It's sequel interested me because it felt like a lot of that stuff was going to be addressed, but that now feels more like it's shooting more for multiplayer than even the first one did.

    Mad Max was a game I was really interested in, waited for that first wave of reviews, and decided against it. And the reviews weren't terrible. They just pointed out some flaws that I knew would ruin it for me.
    I like the idea how it's not just escaping from hordes but more tactical and offensive where your infiltrating feeding grounds, setting up traps and baiting them around until you bamboozle hundreds chasing

    The Last of Us already perfected the stealth walking dead genre, looks like Days Gone will be more titled to mowing down swarms. I dig it

  6. #6
    Bitch Hands fsvr54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,297

    Default Re: Days Gone

    I'm on the same boat as you guys, looks good, if it had good reviews I'll pick it up first day or soon after.

    Next week Sekiro is coming out, I actually preordered it today, not a fan of the soulsbourne games but this one looks a lot better to me, I think it'll be awesome.

  7. #7
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,812

    Default Re: Days Gone


  8. #8
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    lakers r done
    Posts
    4,954

    Default Re: Days Gone

    I've had my eye on this one too. It's a wait and see for me.

    I might just try to get my Left4Dead fix from World War Z. This one definitely is shooter-y. For $40, I might just give it a shot for multiplayer mayhem.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5loyZGRt4

  9. #9
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,812

    Default Re: Days Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I've had my eye on this one too. It's a wait and see for me.

    I might just try to get my Left4Dead fix from World War Z. This one definitely is shooter-y. For $40, I might just give it a shot for multiplayer mayhem.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5loyZGRt4
    Z looks like a super fun co-op zombie game too, hopefully there's enough maps and content for $40


    It's what Metal Gear: Survive should have been imo


    be great to see both WWZ and Days Gone do surpisingly well

  10. #10
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,812

    Default Re: Days Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    I'm on the same boat as you guys, looks good, if it had good reviews I'll pick it up first day or soon after.

    Next week Sekiro is coming out, I actually preordered it today, not a fan of the soulsbourne games but this one looks a lot better to me, I think it'll be awesome.
    Did you like Sekiro? Seems to be getting good hype. I think imma snag it when it drops in price

  11. #11
    Bitch Hands fsvr54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,297

    Default Re: Days Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    Did you like Sekiro? Seems to be getting good hype. I think imma snag it when it drops in price
    I bought it on release day, but haven't touched it yet.

    Started Bloodborne a few days before Sekiro came out. I want to finish that and not lose my focus before I touch Sekiro.

    If you haven't played Bloodborne, do so. One of the greatest games ever made.

  12. #12
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,812

    Default Re: Days Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    I bought it on release day, but haven't touched it yet.

    Started Bloodborne a few days before Sekiro came out. I want to finish that and not lose my focus before I touch Sekiro.

    If you haven't played Bloodborne, do so. One of the greatest games ever made.
    heh

    It's funny I did the same thing with Bloodbourne about a 6 months ago (got about 3/4's way through -> jumped to another game and never finished)

    But yeah Bloodbourne is dope, took me forever to get past Father Gascoigne (2nd boss I think)

  13. #13
    Bitch Hands fsvr54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,297

    Default Re: Days Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    heh

    It's funny I did the same thing with Bloodbourne about a 6 months ago (got about 3/4's way through -> jumped to another game and never finished)

    But yeah Bloodbourne is dope, took me forever to get past Father Gascoigne (2nd boss I think)
    Gasciogne, up to this point, had ****ed me up more than any other boss in the game (13-15 tries). You're still learning the game at that point, but once it clicks its incredible. In contrast, Ebrietas, a boss that gives a lot of players a huge amount of trouble, didn't **** me up as badly. I merked that whore in 5 tries two days ago.

  14. #14
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    lakers r done
    Posts
    4,954

    Default Re: Days Gone

    I too haven't finished Bloodborne. The last boss I beat was Rom, the Vacous Spider. I need to get back to it. Too many games to play!

  15. #15
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,812

    Default Re: Days Gone

    anyone cop World War Z?


    looks like it's getting good feedback for $35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •