Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If Jordan wasn't 1-9 in the 1st round Pre-Pip

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    .... which is why LeBeautiful has the highest playoff scoring total then?

Yeah, surprise he played more games

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive

Yeah, because the competition was much harder to sweep.

Sounds like we agree.

Local High School Star

Ban this kid's IP address.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Still the consensus GOAT, keep trying wheels.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Not necessarily. He might've averaged less ppg in the next round against better competition

And MJ was 1-9 because he was facing a Warriors-level team with an 8 seed, yet still doing better than lebron's sweeps and record defeat with 2 seeds.

LeFraud isn't on MJ's level, or Bird's or Kobe's among others

Great college starter

This will all be irrelevant if LeBron misses the playoffs again in his career, btw

Already up to 3x. Which is more than Jordan can say. Missing them for 4 years is entirely indefensible, good luck pushing 1-9 at that point (Even now it's kinda fruitless with Bron missing the postseason this year)

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Not necessarily. He might've averaged less ppg in the next round against better competition

And MJ was 1-9 because he was facing a Warriors-level team with an 8 seed, yet still doing better than lebron's sweeps and record defeat with 2 seeds.

The '86 Celtics would demolish any year Warriors team, especially 15 and 16.

Most insecure poster on ISH

Okay so what ****ed-up world are we living in where we're penalizing someone for making nine finals

Are you actually saying that Jordan getting swept in the first round three times benefited him

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Of course he's not on their level, he already passed them. What don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Okay so what ****ed-up world are we living in where we're penalizing someone for making nine finals

Are you actually saying that Jordan getting swept in the first round three times benefited him
    No, I'm not penalizing him for that, but in two of the wins he played 7 games, winning or losing coming down to 1 shot. Pretty sure without checking Lebron went to the maximum games of a series way more often than Jordan. Nefore any Jordan stans chimes in. Jordan played more finals games/series on average.

I'm just applying context just like you guys try to when it comes to the opponents. Lebron isn't the better scorer he just played more games.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    If Pippen hadn't gotten a headache for game 7, then the Bulls could have possibly 4peated, with Jordan scoring more points. Pippen shot 1 for 10 in that game.

Of course if Jordan played in a historically weak East then he would have scored more points also. So it really all depends on circumstances.

Also if Jordan was less clutch, while playing in a historically weak East, rather than always performing at full force on each and every game, and not quitting when tired, then he probably would had also scored more points always having to play one extra game. Like last year against Indiana, when Lebron visibly quit in game 6, despite still putting up great stat lines.
    Yup. All Pippen's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Yup. All Pippen's fault.

Scapegoat Pippen

Good find, FKAri.

Nice try Jordan stans

No, I'm not penalizing him for that, but in two of the wins he played 7 games, winning or losing coming down to 1 shot. Pretty sure without checking Lebron went to the maximum games of a series way more often than Jordan. Nefore any Jordan stans chimes in. Jordan played more finals games/series on average.

I'm just applying context just like you guys try to when it comes to the opponents. Lebron isn't the better scorer he just played more games.
    Yeahhhhhh

Or just don't got 1 for 10 in the playoffs before Scottie Pippen...

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Yup. All Pippen's fault.

Oh come on, don't tell me you're in a wheelchair.

I don't blame people, I just focus on facts, cause and effect. Pippen had a bad headache, shot 1 for 10 as a result. If not perhaps the Bulls would have beaten the eventual world champions. Thus why they could have 4peated. (Though who knows, it changes the course of history.)

Now I've talked to you about Jordan's focus before. And what always pops into my mind when that moment where Nick Anderson stole the ball from him is how high of a level the NBA really is, more so than the fans can imagine, because despite scoring those 55 points against the Knicks, and how skillful Jordan looked superficially, Jordan talked about how that was a turnover that would have never happened in the past, a mistake that wouldn't had happened in the past, that mentally he was not at the level he's accustomed to be.

To me that's insane, beyond interesting. That mental level that a Jordan played with, and a 17 games comeback was just not enough to be at that level. It's just something that we are not going to be able to relate, understand, because we don't get to play basketball for so many hours, at such a high level, and at such skills. (For the record, here's the 55 point game https://youtu.be/oyzoqM4k78k?t=9 that person with such skills is still not mentally there to dominate at that level.)

That focus is my interest, so it's something that I think a lot about with Lebron. Not only did Jordan had a level of focus that not many humans have. Not even Larry Bird. Perhaps it's a genetic mutation. But Lebron doesn't have that level of focus, nobody does, yet he's trying to go Hollywood right now in LA, with so many off the court activities, Twitter, etc.

Look at this gif

Again, it's my interest, so when I first saw that happened I thought of Jordan and how optimal Jordan always was. It's just abnormal and Lebron James cannot compare mentally. (Again, nobody can.)