Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default If Jordan wasn't 1-9 in the 1st round Pre-Pip

Would he have more playoff points?

Default Re: If Jordan wasn't 1-9 in the 1st round Pre-Pip

Anyone?

If Pippen hadn't gotten a headache for game 7, then the Bulls could have possibly 4peated, with Jordan scoring more points. Pippen shot 1 for 10 in that game.

Of course if Jordan played in a historically weak East then he would have scored more points also. So it really all depends on circumstances.

Also if Jordan was less clutch, while playing in a historically weak East, rather than always performing at full force on each and every game, and not quitting when tired, then he probably would had also scored more points always having to play one extra game. Like last year against Indiana, when Lebron visibly quit in game 6, despite still putting up great stat lines.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    If Pippen hadn't gotten a headache for game 7, then the Bulls could have possibly 4peated, with Jordan scoring more points. Pippen shot 1 for 10 in that game.

Of course if Jordan played in a historically weak East then he would have scored more points also. So it really all depends on circumstances.

Also if Jordan was less clutch, while playing in a historically weak East, rather than always performing at full force on each and every game, and not quitting when tired, then he probably would had also scored more points always having to play one extra game. Like last year against Indiana, when Lebron visibly quit in game 6, despite still putting up great stat lines.
    Oh okay, so Jordan scored less points than LBJ on more shot attempts and he was an abysmal 1 for 9 in the playoffs before Scottie Pippen was on the Bulls?

Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Oh okay, so Jordan scored less points than LBJ on more shot attempts and he was an abysmal 1 for 9 in the playoffs before Scottie Pippen was on the Bulls?

Anything else?
    Jordan scored more points than Lebron James, taking less three pointers, in the same span of games. Getting swept as an 8th seed against a top 3 GOAT team, while getting called God by Larry Bird, and scoring a record playoff high 63 points while taking zero 3 pointers.

Compared that to Lebron, getting swept by teams that should be his equal or beneath him level.

Another interesting fact is that Jordan never lost as a favorite, he's something like 24 for 24. Meanwhile Lebron was losing in his prime against the likes of Dwight freaking Howard while on a 66 win team, and the while being the league MVP.

I think there was a thread about that. Here it goes http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=459570

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Jordan scored more points than Lebron James, taking less three pointers, in the same span of games. Getting swept as an 8th seed against a top 3 GOAT team, while getting called God by Larry Bird, and scoring a record playoff high 63 points while taking zero 3 pointers.

Compared that to Lebron, getting swept by teams that should be his equal or beneath him level.

Another interesting fact is that Jordan never lost as a favorite, he's something like 24 for 24. Meanwhile Lebron was losing in his prime against the likes of Dwight freaking Howard while on a 66 win team, and the while being the league MVP.

I think there was a thread about that. Here it goes http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=459570

Would he have more playoff points?
    If every first round series was best of 7 he would have 400 to 1500 more points.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    If every first round series was best of 7 he would have 400 to 1500 more points.
    But then he wouldn't be 1/9 he would be 1/12

But then he wouldn't be 1/9 he would be 1/12
    So? You can not get back at me. I don't like Jordan, Kobe or Lebron.

So? You can not get back at me. I don't like Jordan, Kobe or Lebron.
    I'm not trying to get back at you

I'm simply saying he would be even more pathetic at 1/12 than he is at 1/9

I'm not trying to get back at you

I'm simply saying he would be even more pathetic at 1/12 than he is at 1/9
    Might, might not. He might've taken a game or two and even scored more. Doesn't matter anyway for his resume. The NBA increasing playoff games totally warped the career stats of players like Kobe(although there were still best of 5s halfway through his career), Lebron, KD, etc compared to others.

That's like the NBA increasing the RS to 116 games and then future players overtaking the current top 5 and being touted as the greatest scorers ever.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Not this $hit again....

Only on ISH does Lebron get a pass shooting 22.0 PPG on .356 shooting in his 4th NBA season in the finals, yet MJ gets beat up for missing 64 games in his 2nd year and dropping 47PPG on 40-1 at home Boston with Orlando Woolridge as his 2nd best player.

NBA Legend

“But but but muh eastern conference competition in the 80s!!!”

“We wanna give Jordan a pass for tough competition in the conference, but no pass for Lebron for facing the toughest finals competition ever!!!! We have to preserve Baldan’s mystique!!!!!!”

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]

NBA Legend

Tough competition helps total scoring numbers.

.... which is why LeBeautiful has the highest playoff scoring total then?