Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has anyone in History benefited from Rule Changes as much as LeBron?

They eliminated handchecking a couple of years after he entered the league(made it easier for a poor shooter like him to get to the rack) and as he hit his 30s they eliminated defense altogether, making it easier for an aging player to score and allowing more 3s, giving him the spacing he desperately needs everywhere he goes..

Default Re: Has any player in History benefited from Rule Changes as much as LeBron?

G
    O
    A
    Things

Default Re: Has any player in History benefited from Rule Changes as much as LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation

G
    O
    A
    Things
    Such a shame he was on PEDs..

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Such a shame he was on PEDs..
    Where is Kobes big Finals game? Should I pull up his 6/24 Game 7 win...Don't make me post that game score I'm being nice right now

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

They changed the rules drastically to keep Wilt from dominating as hard as he did. Offensive interference, the wide key, no dunking free throws. These were all put in place because of Wilt. Imagine if they did the same with Bron. If they put instead of a shot clock a time of possession clock where a player can

Default Re: Has anyone in History benefited from Rule Changes as much as LeBron?

Why do opposing forwards on the other teams always win Finals MVPs against LeBron?

Default Re: Has anyone in History benefited from Rule Changes as much as LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Why do opposing forwards on the other teams always win Finals MVPs against LeBron?
    Anyone figure this out?

This is why

MJ

With the league really knuckling down on flagrant fouls due to him complaining to the higher ups

''But now they can go home and rest in peace. The world is safe again. Life without the Pistons is safe.'' - Rodman

And that suits Jordan just fine.

''You see two different styles with us and them,'' Jordan said. ''The dirty play and the flagrant fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct. Hopefully, that will be eliminated from the game.

''I think we play clean basketball,'' added Jordan. ''We don't go out and try to hurt people and dirty up the game.

''We've taken the Good Boy image and walked away,'' Jordan added. ''We may have complained about it and told the teacher, or whatever, but we never tried to lower ourselves to that level. We didn't lose our cool or our heads. We maintained our poise.''
    The shortened 3pt line during the mid 90's

And whilst technically not a rule, the expansion of the league, which saw like 6 new teams in less than a decade-span really watered down the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Where is Kobes big Finals game? Should I pull up his 6/24 Game 7 win...Don't make me post that game score I'm being nice right now
    Oh you mean the game that Rajon Rondo, the HOF PG on the opposing team who was on the same floor as Kobe who has no reason to say anything nice about him said that Kobe dominated that game and willed his team to victory? Perhaps a HOF PG believes that basketball is far more complicated then FG?

Or nah.. I guess you're the right one being the all knowing basement dweller you are. Quick, show Rondo basketballreference!!

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Rules were unchanged from 2005-2018. The **** is OP talking about?

In the 90s? Lebron would look closer to himself than Harden would. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    In the 90s? Lebron would look closer to himself than Harden would. That's for sure.
    Nope.

Harden's ballhandling and shooting skills are all-time great..would translate to ANY era.

LeBron's Roided up bulldozing...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Rules were unchanged from 2005-2018. The **** is OP talking about?
    Rules were modified for this season, that's why there's an explosion in offense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Definitely. Guys like LeBron and wade would just be fine because of how strong they are. Handchecking and bodying was most affective vs less physical players like a Curry for an Thomas two years ago. Thomas would never come close to being the player he was in 2017 in the 90s when you could be physical with guards. That's not really going to affect tanks like a LeBron or a Wade, though as much, obviously.