Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: College ball is so Much better than the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Except I'm not at all a soccer fan you fking dimwit
    Riiiiiiiiiiight, sure your not

By robotic cheers I mean it's all the same generic shit controlled by the music.
    Except for the part that NHL doesn't play music while the game's in progress....

I hate soccer but their crowds >>>> NBA and NHL by a long shot.
    Too late, Chico....... you already exposed yourself as Soccer lover....

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It's so great to watch basketball when the players aren't making money. Seeing young men that are broke before the game and stay broke after the game satisfies my soul. Which is why I don't even have a tv. I bring my fold-up chair to the park and watch 13 year-olds all day. It's most fun when it's one of those 4 on 5 games where the team with 5 players has one of them as a small child or maybe a girl. It's just great, really great.
    Pleb marxist nonsense.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Pleb marxist nonsense.
    True, the players aren't all broke. Plenty of them get paid illegally, especially the best ones. But the system that has made such a fertile environment for corruption is not particularly praiseworthy. It's funny how all of these alleged capitalists don't think players should be allowed to profit. NCAA won't even allow them to get paid by third parties, not even talking about getting paid their true value by the NCAA directly.

College basketball used to be great. Now not so much. The best players used to stay in school at least 3 years. MJ played 3, Duncan 4, Bird 4...etc. You had some epic rivalries back then.

Now when i watch college ball i can't help but think 'these guys suck' at times.

If you watched that Michigan-MSU game today, you know the refs still control who wins. Terrible officiating.

Bump, and then moved to college forum

great to
    See they moving the 3 pt like back to
    International distance in the college game this year

It doesn't have anything to do w money. You think those top dudes aren't getting paid? It's about purity.

Plenty of things are done differently and arguably are more enjoyable to watch when done by amateurs, and college ball is one of those things. The non conference season sucks because good teams usually schedule cupcakes, so early tourneys are the only time you get big match ups, or vs challenges like big ten acc but once you get to conference season, conference tourney and ncaa tourney it's all great ball.

Dudes talk about the inferior talent should remember how stacked Duke was and they didn't even make the final four. All that one loss can kick you from the tourney, one loss/win late in the season can make or break your chance to get in the tournament and have a chance to advance, and the fact that all conference tourney winners get automatic bids makes for exciting bball. Even if the score is 18-18 at halftime.

If you don't like college bball u don't like ball period. I hate to pull that but you need to hear it, bros. Shoot I even turned on wnba the other days and was surprised at how much more enjoyable it seemed. Also watching future greats... I mean you could arguably watch college bball only for the nba talents to scout them. Nba finals even is a ****ing joke, a clown show in terms of atmosphere compared to the final four.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    It doesn't have anything to do w money. You think those top dudes aren't getting paid? It's about purity.

Plenty of things are done differently and arguably are more enjoyable to watch when done by amateurs, and college ball is one of those things. The non conference season sucks because good teams usually schedule cupcakes, so early tourneys are the only time you get big match ups, or vs challenges like big ten acc but once you get to conference season, conference tourney and ncaa tourney it's all great ball.

Dudes talk about the inferior talent should remember how stacked Duke was and they didn't even make the final four. All that one loss can kick you from the tourney, one loss/win late in the season can make or break your chance to get in the tournament and have a chance to advance, and the fact that all conference tourney winners get automatic bids makes for exciting bball. Even if the score is 18-18 at halftime.

If you don't like college bball u don't like ball period. I hate to pull that but you need to hear it, bros. Shoot I even turned on wnba the other days and was surprised at how much more enjoyable it seemed. Also watching future greats... I mean you could arguably watch college bball only for the nba talents to scout them. Nba finals even is a ****ing joke, a clown show in terms of atmosphere compared to the final four.

-Smak
    I agree with this.

Another two things, college bball is interesting cuz the landscape is always changing, people go to nba or graduate and they recruit. Rarely is it the same team made up the same way. It's not like nba where it's like o they got x player now can they win.

And it's also a bit of bias prol. We saw stalker w Donovan so we can assume dude is close to Florida. I grew up w season tix to illini when they became good and went to a few games as a kid when they were kinda trash. Had season tix in 05, saw them trash wake w cp. I'm not there anymore but that was my bball. If you grew up somewhere without a prominent college team and had an nba team, I could see thinking college is trash. But it's not. Dudes act like college is filled w bums haha. The rules are also different and games are shorter. One n one is a great rule.

But Yea if u grew up in a university town, going into local restaurants w all the posters and signed stuff, talking about "the flying illini" etc. It's a culture. It's probably not like that if you live in a city like Boston even tho they have a team too..

-Smak

Saw a basketball once

For me everything is about the college game leaning towards team play and strategy which is more interesting than one-to-one NBA game. Plus the atmosphere! Sometimes you can feel the crowd can really affect how college teams play!