Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: All players were carried at least one series (i.e. 06' shaq, 11' lebron), except

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    So has star needed more help than Jordan?
    Lebron needed more help to win 3 rings because he only averaged 27.2 and 7.2 apg in the 12/13/16 playoffs versus 33.7 and 6.6 for MJ in 91-93' playoffs

So either lebron needed more help to win, or his rings required less production to win..

Furthermore, for their first 3 rings, both MJ and lebron averaged 7 apg to lead their team, but MJ led his team in scoring/clutch by goat amounts, while lebron needed a near-equal scoring partner and better clutch partner

lebron also needs way more help because he needs a team willing to sacrifice teammate/team assists and brand of ball so he can dominate the ball and get assists - it's a fact that teammates see their assists crater next to him, while the team has low assist rankings and gets massively out-assisted in the championship

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: All players were carried at least one series (i.e. 06' shaq, 11' lebron), except

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    MJ because he was never outscored by a teammate or opponent in any series, or lost fmvp

goat

that is because he took so many darn shots.. He played one good game in 1993 vs the KNICKS.. He could have not played that series and the Bulls would have won that series..

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    that is because he took so many darn shots.. He played one good game in 1993 vs the KNICKS.. He could have not played that series and the Bulls would have won that series..
    MJ had the same shooting efficiency as lebron, ~ 57 ts

So he did more than lebron (volume) of a good thing (57% ts)

MJ simply did more

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    MJ had the same shooting efficiency as lebron, ~ 57 ts

So he did more than lebron (volume) of a good thing (57% ts)

MJ simply did more

The next year they beat the Knicks without Mj up until David Stern happened.. You know that wasnt a foul.. LOL

The next year they beat the Knicks without Mj up until David Stern happened.. You know that wasnt a foul.. LOL
    It's pretty dumb to foul a 3-point shooter - that's the first thing they teach in junior high

That foul and the sit-out game, along with a horrible game 7 were three chokes in 1 series for pip

But they still had a chance because they'd developed the best brand of basketball and teamwork, as required to build any dynasty..

Those bulls only won 47 games in 1989 and would've missed the 45-win playoff cut without mj's 33/8/8.. so that was a lottery roster that MJ developed into a dynasty by 91'.. it all started with that goat carry-job in 89', where they nearly made the Finals with a 6 seed

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

True but he just wont admit it

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    True but he just wont admit it
    Heck yeah it was a foul - watch the tape

A hideous foul

That foul and the sit-out game, along with a horrible game 7 were three chokes in 1 series for pip

But they still had a chance because they'd developed the best brand of basketball and teamwork, as required to build any dynasty..

Those bulls only won 47 games in 1989 and would've missed the 45-win playoff cut without mj's 33/8/8.. so that was a lottery roster that MJ developed into a dynasty by 91'.. it all started with that goat carry-job in 89', where they nearly made the Finals with a 6 seed