Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: now that lebrons officially missed the playoffs these are my new top 25 rankings

You know, the Simon alts (whether they are just one poster or not, it's a good short hand way to refer to them) do post drivel practically every day, but half of it's just trolling to make a (stupid) point.

But I cannot believe any knowledgeable fan of basketball would believe LeBron James is not easily top 25. I don't care what type of "sh*t argument you want to make, there's no way he's not top 25. The man won 3 championships, including being the best player in defeating the 73 win GS Warriors. He's the all time playoff points leader, 4 time MVP, 5th all time in RS points, with a very solid chance of catching Kareem. He's been Finals MVP three times. His offensive stats are still incredible at the age of 34.

Yeah, yeah, I could write another 10 paragraphs as to why all these accomplishments should be taken with a healthy grain of salt, but that would be necessary ONLY if this conversation was about whether LeBron is GOAT -- which it is not. This thread is about the ridiculous notion that LeBron is not top 25, which is utterly insane.

Kenny & 3 Ball, I don't always agree with everything you say or the way you say it, but I often do agree with your overall sentiments, and, more importantly, I consider you both knowledgeable basketball fans. So why on earth are you taking this utterly dubious (and that's being very kind) position? No knowledgeable fan, coach, player, or commentator in their right mind would argue LeBron isn't top 25. Me, I've got him somewhere between 5-10.

You can dislike LeBron's playing style and results, hell you can even hate it. But you can't deny a certain level of greatness when it's in front of your eyes. LeBron's not GOAT, but he's an ATG. Can't you just acknowledge that simple fact???
    Last edited by Elosha; 03-24-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Default Re: now that lebrons officially missed the playoffs these are my new top 25 rankings

Agreed, great list. My only disagreement is with TD being too high.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
    Agreed, great list. My only disagreement is with TD being too high.
    Another Kenny alt

You and the obvious MrGoat 2408

Thanks for the confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Another Kenny alt

You and the obvious MrGoat 2408

Thanks for the confirmation
    Only thing confirmed itt is you're a loser and your parents are severely disappointed that their once lovable son has transformed into a basement goblin that reeks of piss.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    Only thing confirmed itt is you're a loser and your parents are severely disappointed that their once lovable son has transformed into a basement goblin that reeks of piss.
    You smelt him?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    You smelt him?
    FBI raided his house because they thought Mr and Mrs Wheels were running a meth lab. They had no idea that it was just the natural scent of their 33 year old son.

Quote Originally Posted by CurryOverLebron
    Kobe being #1 is not crazy. He has better balance, coordination, lateral agility than Jordan which allows him to be superior 1 on 1 player and defender.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Lol. What in the actual f.u.c.k.

Imagine being a prisoner of the moment LeBron stan and thinking that 6 finals losses can keep you in the top 10 when you only have 3 rings and 2 of them were a result of Kyrie and Ray Allen.

10 years from now the media won't even have LeBron in the top 10.

So if he made the playoffs he would remain in your top 25? lol

Damn, didnt know you get striped of all your accolades/achievements/milestones etc. etc... for missing the playoffs, especialy not while doing that with scrubs in your 16th season fighting injury & missing many games...

So where does that put Kobe then who missed more playoffs, including 1 in his highest peak prime.... #1? lol

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    So if he made the playoffs he would remain in your top 25? lol

Damn, didnt know you get striped of all your accolades/achievements/milestones etc. etc... for missing the playoffs, especialy not while doing that with scrubs in your 16th season fighting injury & missing many games...

So where does that put Kobe then who missed more playoffs, including 1 in his highest peak prime.... #1? lol
    The list makes no sense at all, especially if we have Kobe at #1 who, as you mentioned above, missed the playoffs in his pure prime. LeBron is at the end of his prime and even though he suffered some injuries and is not 100% I still think he should have made the playoffs. Does that drop him out of top 3 contention, of course not. But he does need to acquire more talent this off season to catch up with the league. Just about every team but the Lakers have found way to improve. Meanwhile Magic and Palinka are playing catch up, and very badly playing catch up I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha
    You know, the Simon alts (whether they are just one poster or not, it's a good short hand way to refer to them) do post drivel practically every day, but half of it's just trolling to make a (stupid) point.

But I cannot believe any knowledgeable fan of basketball would believe LeBron James is not easily top 25. I don't care what type of "sh*t argument you want to make, there's no way he's not top 25. The man won 3 championships, including being the best player in defeating the 73 win GS Warriors. He's the all time playoff points leader, 4 time MVP, 5th all time in RS points, with a very solid chance of catching Kareem. He's been Finals MVP three times. His offensive stats are still incredible at the age of 34.

Yeah, yeah, I could write another 10 paragraphs as to why all these accomplishments should be taken with a healthy grain of salt, but that would be necessary ONLY if this conversation was about whether LeBron is GOAT -- which it is not. This thread is about the ridiculous notion that LeBron is not top 25, which is utterly insane.

Kenny & 3 Ball, I don't always agree with everything you say or the way you say it, but I often do agree with your overall sentiments, and, more importantly, I consider you both knowledgeable basketball fans. So why on earth are you taking this utterly dubious (and that's being very kind) position? No knowledgeable fan, coach, player, or commentator in their right mind would argue LeBron isn't top 25. Me, I've got him somewhere between 5-10.

You can dislike LeBron's playing style and results, hell you can even hate it. But you can't deny a certain level of greatness when it's in front of your eyes. LeBron's not GOAT, but he's an ATG. Can't you just acknowledge that simple fact???
    Good post.

Most have Lebron just outside the Top 3. Others put him in the 7-10 range with Kobe, Duncan and Shaq (which is fine).

Acting like he's KG/Pippen/Wade/Dirk caliber isn't an insult. Its just wrong.

But that's ISH.

Peeps get lost in the troll game, and will say anything

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Good post.

Most have Lebron just outside the Top 3. Others put him in the 7-10 range with Kobe, Duncan and Shaq (which is fine).

Acting like he's KG/Pippen/Wade/Dirk caliber isn't an insult. Its just wrong.

But that's ISH.

Peeps get lost in the troll game, and will say anything
    You what mate? If Wade's body had held up he'd have been top 10. KG is easily top 20. Dirk is also easily top 20, Pippen is top 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You what mate? If Wade's body had held up he'd have been top 10. KG is easily top 20. Dirk is also easily top 20, Pippen is top 30.
    Yeah.

"IF" being the operative word.

We're talking about careers though. Objectively Lebron has been greater.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Yeah.

"IF" being the operative word.

We're talking about careers though. Objectively Lebron has been greater.
    I thought you hate LeBron, though? He's not even top 10, right?