Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Has there ever been a player hated for literally no reason more than Ice Trae?

Coming into the league the complete and utter lack of respect for him was mind blowing. It was actually for no reason too lol. Even ESPN included him in their ROY graphic for whatever reason saying he had 0% chance.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Has there ever been a player hated for literally no reason more than Ice Trae?

He isnt. Dont start this. This is what gets players hated.

Everyone has people who dont believe in them. Everyone. The Steph Curry draft topic was a joke. Very few thought he would even be a good player in the NBA. Not being believed in doesnt make you hated. It makes you not believed in. Aka....a normal athlete. There are pelnty of people who dont believe in Zion. Comes with being a touted athlete.

just let him grown into a star without having the extra hate piled on him from being stanned too hard.

Default Re: Has there ever been a player hated for literally no reason more than Ice Trae?

Carmelo Anthony and Derrick Rose get hated on for no reason, IMO.
    Last edited by sportjames23; 03-24-2019 at 06:04 PM.

To say the man had 0% chance at the start of the season is asinine (if that's what they posted).

Lonzo also got a lot of hate coming into the league but I agree, nothing quite like "ICE TRAE THE GANG"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWy_bJ-xQA8

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He isnt. Dont start this. This is what gets players hated.

Everyone has people who dont believe in them. Everyone. The Steph Curry draft topic was a joke. Very few thought he would even be a good player in the NBA. Not being believed in doesnt make you hated. It makes you not believed in. Aka....a normal athlete. There are pelnty of people who dont believe in Zion. Comes with being a touted athlete.

just let him grown into a star without having the extra hate piled on him from being stanned too hard.
    This is totally not true. Literally no one outside of Atlanta and MPJ was giving him any credit at all. He led the NCAA in scoring and assists and is literally clowned for like 6 straight month. People are now trying to pretend this didn’t happen at all. There never an intense hate for any other player like Trae Young for no reason as a rookie. Zion is widly respect and will be once drafted. Trae was never respected at all and the was considered nothing more than a joke until New Years
    Last edited by atljonesbro; 03-24-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    To say the man had 0% chance at the start of the season is asinine (if that's what they posted).

Lonzo also got a lot of hate coming into the league but I agree, nothing quite like "ICE TRAY THE GANG"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWy_bJ-xQA8
    https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/1...613647362?s=21

They literally added Trae in there to clown him

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/1...613647362?s=21

They literally added Trae in there to clown him
    Cold blooded

Ice Trae the game

Ice Trae the game

Ice Trae the game

Ice Trae the game

Yeah no he's been getting the love he deserves lately. Hopefully he stays rightly rated but probably not.

You really going all persecution complex again....

Trae young is hardly talked about at all. Hes far too much of a non story to even enter into discussion on most hated on. He shot like 36% for the first 6-8 weeks which as it would with anyone will get you clowned. But hardly in some major way.

Lebron is hated on. Kobe is hated on. Trae Young is nothinged on mostly with some props coming in when he goes off and some laughs when he sucks. Which is how its supposed to be.

Dont sit here and act like 2-3 months of anything makes some player truly hated on. Hes barely even had a career.

Just let the kid grow and learn and establish himself. Leave him out of these things for his sake. He has fans. He was talked about for a year on ESPN and gets about the proper coverage for a young guy on a shit team doing decent numbers.

Very good NBA starter

i remember he was labeled a bust on this board after his very first summer league game when he shot 1 for 11 from 3 point range, including two air balls.

that reaction was so insidehoops.

people should bump up those old threads if jeff hasn't deleted them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Carmelo Anthony and Derek Rose get hated on for no reason, IMO.
    Melo gets hated on because of his attitude, he doesn't seem to care about winning, he's a lazy ass defender and he's self centered

I've never ever known a Derrick Rose hater

everyone is on luka's nuts.

there are several players from this draft class that are potential superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    i remember he was labeled a bust on this board after his very first summer league game when he shot 1 for 11 from 3 point range, including two air balls.

that reaction was so insidehoops.

people should bump up those old threads if jeff hasn't deleted them.

The people defending him early in his career were saying he could develop into a Mo Williams/Terry type. As late as the 2013 season this was standard ISH Curry talk:

I think Curry has peaked personally. This is as good as he'll get IMO. I'd bank the franchise on Harrison Barnes and Steph as a second fiddle scoring option a la Garnett/Marbury. I'll take my shots now.....
    Doesnt make him hated. Steph....like trae...was mostly getting little talk either way

You really going all persecution complex again....

Trae young is hardly talked about at all. Hes far too much of a non story to even enter into discussion on most hated on. He shot like 36% for the first 6-8 weeks which as it would with anyone will get you clowned. But hardly in some major way.

Lebron is hated on. Kobe is hated on. Trae Young is nothinged on mostly with some props coming in when he goes off and some laughs when he sucks. Which is how its supposed to be.

Dont sit here and act like 2-3 months of anything makes some player truly hated on. Hes barely even had a career.

Just let the kid grow and learn and establish himself. Leave him out of these things for his sake. He has fans. He was talked about for a year on ESPN and gets about the proper coverage for a young guy on a shit team doing decent numbers.
    Such revisionist history. I take it you don

The people defending him early in his career were saying he could develop into a Mo Williams/Terry type.

Doesnt make him hated. Steph....like trae...was mostly getting little talk either way
    Trae