NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Kobe/Harden - VERY SIMILAR PLAYERS

Harden > Kobe

Harden >>>>> Curry

Ring count doesn't matter, Harden is objectively better than both

Harden could and probably should have 4 MVP's right now

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I didn't realize team ppg were so different... 111 to 97? That's a massive difference. Kobe scored way more proportionally. While his squad sported a top 10 assist rank and hardens is 28th. That's with Chris Paul, Eric Gordon and capela compared to smush, kwame, and odom. That's actually incredible.
    The lowest scoring team this season (Grizzlies) score as much as the 2nd scoring team in 06 (Sonics) at 102.6. only the Suns scored more than the current Grizzlies

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    The lowest scoring team this season (Grizzlies) score as much as the 2nd scoring team in 06 (Sonics) at 102.6. only the Suns scored more than the current Grizzlies
    Hows college these days?

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    Imagine Harden with Shaq Good god all mighty

4 chips straight no doubt
    If I have Shaq and looking for second guy I would prefer too. Harden would both score well and feed Shaq.

But, as franchise player i would choose Kobe. Harden could be slightly better than Kobe on offence however defence is half of the game, important as much as offence and Kobe is much better on that.Therefore Kobe>Harden

Kobe's highest TS ever was 58%. Harden's career TS is 61%.

Kobe's highest EFG ever was 50.4%. Harden's career EFG is 52.4%.

Kobe is obviously the better defender but Harden is decisively better on offense. Kobe took more bad jumpers than anyone i have ever seen.

As far as team scoring goes the pace is faster now. Last summers change to make the shot clock 14 seconds after an offensive rebound has led to a lot more possessions.
    Last edited by tontoz; 03-24-2019 at 09:33 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    Harden is far more efficient at scoring and playmaking than Kobe

If starting a franchise right now, most would take Harden first. Less baggage and can do more with less
    You couldn't be more wrong. There's not a GM in the world that takes harden over kobe

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    Harden > Kobe

Harden >>>>> Curry

Ring count doesn't matter, Harden is objectively better than both

Harden could and probably should have 4 MVP's right now
    I definitely think he should have won in 2017 when Russ won. Harden definitely would have gotten my vote that year. This year though...Giannis is looking thicc

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Yeah something tells me it has to deal with the NBA utilizing a deeper talent pool (see: International players) and oh yeah, this thing called a 3-point shot.

Welcome to the forums, stick around and learn a few things

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

If Kobe played in today's environment where 3s are way more utilized and it's easier to drive to the rim then I'm sure his offensive production would be even more insane. He'd still operate from the mid/post but less so. Kobe took 6 3s in 06 which was 3rd in the league but don't think it'd be top 25 today, that needs to be factored in.

Also a better defender, also not a big gap in playmaking considering Kobe was the primary playmaker on several teams that finished in the top 5-10 in apg and generated several hockey assists a la Curry but the spreadsheets don't show any of that. The Rockets are really inconsistent in terms of team assists but outside of 17 they don't particularly rank high in team APG, hell the past two years they've been near the very bottom. Harden is the epitome of getting assists because he handles the ball a ton, he also turns the ball over way too much to be the primary playmaker

In other words, at their peak: Harden scorers more. On better efficiency. Assists more. Rebounds more. Has a higher PER. Has a higher ws/48. Has a higher RAPM. Has a high BPM.

Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    If Kobe played in today's environment where 3s are way more utilized and it's easier to drive to the rim then I'm sure his offensive production would be even more insane. He'd still operate from the mid/post but less so. Kobe took 6 3s in 06 which was 3rd in the league but don't think it'd be top 25 today, that needs to be factored in.

Also a better defender, also not a big gap in playmaking considering Kobe was the primary playmaker on several teams that finished in the top 5-10 in apg and generated several hockey assists a la Curry but the spreadsheets don't show any of that. The Rockets are really inconsistent in terms of team assists but outside of 17 they don't particularly rank high in team APG, hell the past two years they've been near the very bottom. Harden is the epitome of getting assists because he handles the ball a ton, he also turns the ball over way too much to be the primary playmaker
    Kobe did play in today's no handchecking 3 ball league. He shot 35%FG for the season and ked his team to 17 wins because he doesn't fit in today's game

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Kobe did play in today's no handchecking 3 ball league. He shot 35%FG for the season and ked his team to 17 wins because he doesn't fit in today's game
    He was clearly washed though we saw how he looked in his age 34 season despite the 3ball not being where it once was due to injuries to his shooting fingers

And of course his last game where he was 27 again, that would have been prime Kobe in today's game only even more dominant as he wasn't near as athletic, it was just his shots hitting like they used to
    Last edited by Mr.GOAT2408; 03-25-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    He was clearly washed though we saw how he looked in his age 34 season despite the 3ball not being where it once was due to injuries to his shooting fingers

And of course his last game where he was 27 again, that would have been prime Kobe in today's game only even more dominant as he wasn't near as athletic, it was just his shots hitting like they used to
    What does that mean, washed? a 40 year old Michael Jorda with one knee and no damaged ligaments in his shooting hand was 10 times a better player.

And here is an uninterested 34 year LeBron James averaging 8apg ad 8 rpg on 51%, all higher than Kobe's career highs.