Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who's the next player to end up Top 10 all time in points and assists?

I know this isn't really meant to be a serious topic, but I will try to give a serious answer anyway.

Kevin Durant will be the next player to enter the top 10 in points, but he doesn't have any chance of top 10 in assists, so he is out.

After Durant, the next player to reach top 10 in points will be James Harden. Harden is currently at 4.7k assists, and he would need ~9k to enter the top 10, which is possible but not very likely.

Next up is Westbrook, who is a lock to enter the top 10 in assists, since he already has ~7k out of the ~9k he needs. The real question then is points, and since Harden and Durant will get there ahead of him, it's not enough to pass the current #10, he needs to pass the current #8 (Shaq). That means Westbrook needs ~29k points, and he's currently at 19k, which seems possible, but again not very likely.

Simmons doesn't get enough points, and Giannis doesn't get enough assists, so they are both very unlikely to get there.

None of the other experienced players have a chance to get there, and it's too early to guess what will happen with rookies like Doncic or Young.

Default Re: Who's the next player to end up Top 10 all time in points and assists?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I know this isn't really meant to be a serious topic, but I will try to give a serious answer anyway.

Kevin Durant will be the next player to enter the top 10 in points, but he doesn't have any chance of top 10 in assists, so he is out.

After Durant, the next player to reach top 10 in points will be James Harden. Harden is currently at 4.7k assists, and he would need ~9k to enter the top 10, which is possible but not very likely.

Next up is Westbrook, who is a lock to enter the top 10 in assists, since he already has ~7k out of the ~9k he needs. The real question then is points, and since Harden and Durant will get there ahead of him, it's not enough to pass the current #10, he needs to pass the current #8 (Shaq). That means Westbrook needs ~29k points, and he's currently at 19k, which seems possible, but again not very likely.

Simmons doesn't get enough points, and Giannis doesn't get enough assists, so they are both very unlikely to get there.

None of the other experienced players have a chance to get there, and it's too early to guess what will happen with rookies like Doncic or Young.
    Great answer and how was this not a serious topic?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Magic's assists were worth more because they didn't reduce teammates' assists or the team's - the Lakers were #1 in assists every year

But lebron's assists come at the expense of teammate and team assists - teammates see their assists decline alongside lebron, so the team has low assist rankings and a brand of ball that can't compete well on the championship level

That's why you have to look at everything - stats and winning
    Yep, if only Mo Williams and Boobie Gibson and George Hill held the ball longer they would have been AMAZING

How do you make these things up with a straight face?

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    But has anyone averaged MORE points and assists than LeBron?

Topping both or both combined?

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Topping both or both combined?
    Topping both

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Topping both
    There's no one obviously. Oscar & MJ have better combined stats.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

17ppg till hes 37 or so would do it for Russell. He still moves like hes 18. Its not that unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    17ppg till hes 37 or so would do it for Russell. He still moves like hes 18. Its not that unreasonable.
    It could happen, but when I look at his frenetic playstyle, I have a hard time imagining him playing that way at age 35+, and he doesn't have much of a jumpshot to fall back on.