Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: Sent a text after the 1st date and does this response mean she is interested?

There is no texting etiquette. Communication nowadays is so unpredictable. I've had girls take hours before responding. Some within minutes. All with the same interest level. The fact that she responded is enough to say there is some returned interest

Here's the best advice anyone will ever give you. Text with no expectations. Don't treat it like a game or some hidden agenda. Your communication will be much clearer and more organic.

Default Re: Sent a text after the 1st date and does this response mean she is interested?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    There is no texting etiquette. Communication nowadays is so unpredictable. I've had girls take hours before responding. Some within minutes. All with the same interest level. The fact that she responded is enough to say there is some returned interest

Here's the best advice anyone will ever give you. Text with no expectations. Don't treat it like a game or some hidden agenda. Your communication will be much clearer and more organic.
    Yeah, it's hard to gauge much from texts..

I guess you could theoretically look at small things like response time.. You would need to have a common friend -- if the girl tends to respond to your texts instantly, but maybe hour or hours later to your mutual friend then you know you have something. If she also responds in extra detail to everything you text her, but not in detail to your mutual friend. But that's situational and can't test with most girls except those with mutual friends/family friends, and they would have to know.

In the end, girls are very hard to figure out..
    Girls have the advantage going the opposite direction because guys tend to be more straightforward and predictable. Girls can more often figure out when a guy wants them, but guys can't tell when a girl wants them (unless if girl is slutty and real obvious - those you don't want to be with). Girls are so unpredictable, and you can't tell what they want. It's kind of funny imo

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy

This, people read too much into responses and how long people take to reply. And girls are just like an other human, no need to act weird and shit just be a mature adult and talk to them as if they are a mature adult and there's no need for worrying about communication.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Are you initiating texts each time or is she as well? If she never initiates text conversations, then she is not interested or is a shy person with you or in general.

If it's the latter, you will have to meet with her face-to-face and just talk. Obviously you are attracted to her so you want to make sure she feels the same way about you. Talking in-person is the best way to go. Maintain constant eye contact, smile often, be kind and talk about her. You want to focus the conversation on her - talk very little about yourself and 90% about her. Compliment her occasionally. Ask her open-ended questions to make her talk about herself in detail, and nod often, smile, listen closely. Make sure to ask follow up questions to let her know you are listening and are genuinely interested in her. Talk about her passions, her interests, her career, her life, etc. Then text her later within a day maximum how much you enjoyed talking with her and hope to hang out with her again whenever she wants to. See if she is receptive. Don't text her for a week straight - if you hear nothing from her in that week, then she is not interested. Move on at that point.

I sent the 1st text and she responded in 15 mins. Then I sent another text and she responded in 13 mins.

Not sending anymore until she contacts me 1st. Actually no date is being set up unless she makes the first contact by text or phone.

just be yourself, bro. send dick pics if u haven't yet. my email is...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    I sent the 1st text and she responded in 15 mins. Then I sent another text and she responded in 13 mins.

Not sending anymore until she contacts me 1st. Actually no date is being set up unless she makes the first contact by text or phone.
    Dude - keep showing interest and keep texting. After a few playful texts...ask her out again or set something up a few days down the line.

Stop thinking so much. You should only worry if its 3+ days before she responds. At that point she's ghosted you and you send her a picture of Casper.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

See, you're treating it like a game. You do that and she will in return. You learned nothing from my post.

That sounds like such a random ordinary text. I suggest not focusing or try to read into it to the point where you actually made a thread about it.

It's like someone starting a thread after receiving a text that say, "I like Pizza, do you like it too?" And then spending hours trying to find some hidden meaning in it.

It's not worth trying to interpret it. Just keep pushing forward and see what happens.

Imagine life in the 70s, people go on dates, talk on the phone, have live conversations and one can tell if things are going along well. Now people are stopping everything, wasting a lot of time and mental energy trying to interpret a normal more than likely meaningless sentence with no actual way of know what the girl is thinking unless one is physic.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    That’s an economic power move. I never take girls to dinner for first dates - I hardly know them. Walk, coffee or dessert. Choose one or combine two of the three.
    I prefer coffee or something small, like you're saying. Couldn't care less about spending the money or not spending the money... it's about having an easy exit if things aren't going well.

I mean... I really don't feel like abandoning an entire meal in the middle of it if a date is going that badly or even worse, sitting through an entire meal when things are utter shit. I'm a good enough of a conversationalist that this has never happened, but still... I like to leave my options open.

Coffee, ice cream, walk, etc... something simple like that allows you OR her to just exit at pretty much any time and it would be significantly less painful for either party to do so.

OP... you were too wordy. Here's what I'll say... every single girl is going to be different so you can't lay down any absolute rules BUT you never want to come off as desperate... and if you start blowing her phone up with wordy texts shortly after, that reeks of desperation. It devalues you in her eyes even though you haven't done anything "wrong" technically. It also might make her start to wonder if there is something wrong with you.

Think of it this way... most children, who later grow up into children walking around in adult bodies, want what they can't have... you have to figure out how to walk the line of communicating that you're interested without being overbearing... and also not being too aloof. Experience is your friend. Just keep failing until you figure it out. Analyzing the hell out of everything will do you no good... I know better than most.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    just be yourself, bro. send dick pics if u haven't yet. my email is...

well definitely not going to do that

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Dude - keep showing interest and keep texting. After a few playful texts...ask her out again or set something up a few days down the line.

Stop thinking so much. You should only worry if its 3+ days before she responds. At that point she's ghosted you and you send her a picture of Casper.

What do you consider a playful text

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Light and easy. Nothing too serious.

Want to hear a secret?

What would you say if I asked you to come over?

I

Want to know if she is interested? fvcking ask her. It's not rocket science

OP, you're first mistake is asking these dimwits here for dating advice.

You either have try hard incel neckbeard virgins giving you advice or the other extreme, mouthbreathing neanderthal goons.

Best advice, there is not set rules on how to go about dating, there are the obvious do's and don'ts but you just gotta play it by heart bro because what works for some girls might not for others. Just be yourself and be confident, chicks dig confident dudes...and stop stressing over how much time she takes to respond, I agree with that tranny dating dude, DaHeezy, on that point.
    Last edited by TheMan; 03-26-2019 at 01:04 AM.