Default In the 92 playoffs, Kevin Gamble named Kareem as the greatest player he had ever seen

So, think about that.

Default Re: In the 92 playoffs, Kevin Gamble named Kareem as the greatest player he had ever seen

Kareem is a tier 1 or tier 2 player so I'm not sure where you're going with this?

Tier 1
    Jordan
    Magic
    LeBron
    Shaq

Tier 2
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell

Tier 3
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    Zeke
    Bird

Default Re: In the 92 playoffs, Kevin Gamble named Kareem as the greatest player he had ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Kareem is a tier 1 or tier 2 player so I'm not sure where you're going with this?

Tier 1
    Jordan
    Magic
    LeBron
    Shaq

Tier 2
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell

Tier 3
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    Zeke
    Bird
    Bird tier 3?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Bird tier 3?!?
    Swap out...Wilt then?

Swap out...Wilt then?
    Personally I would put Bird in tier 1, move Shaq down to tier 2, and then Wilt down to tier 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Personally I would put Bird in tier 1, move Shaq down to tier 2, and then Wilt down to tier 3.
    And I'm sure having "Celtics 1825" in your name has nothing to do with it

Bird is tough for me to rank because his longevity was just okay and he did have a couple poor Finals showings. But the man was a a do-it-all type of player.

Score. You got it.
    Rebound. I'm on it.
    Facilitate. Watch me work.

He also went up against very stacked teams in the Pistons/Lakers but then again he also had a very stacked team. He is very hard to rank for me.

Tier 1
    Jordan
    Magic
    LeBron
    Shaq

Tier 2
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell

Tier 3
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    Zeke
    Bird

The fck is Isiah doing there

Tier 1
    Jordan
    Magic
    LeBron
    Shaq

Tier 2
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell

Tier 3
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    Zeke
    Bird
    Bird was always considered the better player between him and Magic when they were playing.

Then this new era dawned where apparently championships mean everything, and what we watched on the court doesn't matter, and then Magic leapfrogged him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Stats for first 13 seasons (Kareem's stats aren't viable after that)

REGULAR SEASON - 85-98' vs 70-82'

Jordan:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 31.5 ppg.. 58.0 ts.. 35.3 usg.. 120 ortg.. 29.1 PER.. 0.274 ws/48.. 9.0 bpm
    Kareem:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 26.5 ppg.. 59.0 ts.. 25.1 usg.. 118 ortg.. 26.5 PER.. 0.255 ws/48.. 7.9 bpm

PLAYOFFS

Jordan:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 33.5 ppg.. 56.8 ts.. 35.6 usg.. 118 ortg.. 28.6 PER.. 0.255 ws/48.. 10.1 bpm
    Kareem:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 29.1 ppg.. 56.7 ts.. 26.1 usg.. 118 ortg.. 25.8 PER.. 0.232 ws/48.... 8.7 bpm

FINALS

Jordan:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 33.5 ppg.. 6 fmvp
    Kareem:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 26.0 ppg.. 2 fmvp

[COLOR="DarkRed"]^^^(Rebound/Blocks and Assists/Steals are positions-dependant and not included)[/COLOR]

[I]SUMMARY - jordan has a massive statistical and winning edge over kareem.. this is despite Kareem not winning much in the 70's and playing for himself, while MJ was restricted by a winning system and brand of ball

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Bird was always considered the better player between him and Magic when they were playing.

Then this new era dawned where apparently championships mean everything, and what we watched on the court doesn't matter, and then Magic leapfrogged him.
    Bird was clearly better from 80-86 but then his back issues started taking its toll. After 88 he wasnt really in his prime anymore despite a few solid seasons

Magic meanwhile had 3 of his best years from 89-91 and improved his game with improved shooting from the 3, midrange and FT. Bird from 89-91 was a shell of himself but then Magic got aids

Great college starter

Tier 1
    Jordan
    Magic
    LeBron
    Shaq

Tier 2
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell

Tier 3
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    Zeke
    Bird
    Kareem has a legit argument as GOAT. These "tiers" are terrible

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Tier 1
    Jordan
    Magic
    LeBron
    Shaq

Tier 2
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell

Tier 3
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    Zeke
    Bird
    Swap Kareem with Magic and take out Zeke and that tier list is perfect

The Bulls were dusting Kevin's Celtics all the time by the 90s. I find it quite shocking that he would still hold this view. Perhaps not enough accolades accrued and winning under the belt for another GOAT candidate at the time.

I believe the Bulls were 6-4 or 6-5 in head-to-head match ups between the two, with a Celtics team including: Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, and Reggie Lewis.
    Last edited by 72-10; 03-26-2019 at 11:03 AM.

This topic reminds me, would be cool to rewatch a whole bunch of Kareem. Refresh memories of past rewatches

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Exactly. But I think Magic still performing while injuries plagued Bird's last few years also changed that. Even though it shouldn't have.