Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Bucks took Scottie pips blueprint on how to gaurd Frauden and it worked brilliantly.

Pip demonstrated how he would gaurd harden on the jump awhile back. Said right off the bat he'd deny him the ball so he can't even get it. If he did get it he Said he'd ride him full court and then once he gets over half he'd play his left hand almost playing on his side so he can't get the space for his step back/side three and he'd be forced to drive right. This is exactly what the bucks did all game minus the full court pick up.

Imagine what pip and the bulls would of done to harden if they played him. Imagine harden trying to do what he's doing now in the 90's with defenders being aloud to be physical with him denying him the ball and dogging him 90 feet. Then once over half being hand checked while being forced to his weak hand into great centers like hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, ewing, mourning and mutombo. Apparently 90's defence was trash but it was a 90's defender that just gave the blueprint on how to stop harden and the rockets. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7dIE3KT6lU

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Bucks took Scottie pips blueprint on how to gaurd Frauden and it worked brilliantly.

Ive often wondered why people were content to let him have his left and not even work. People will back off as he casually dribbles to his favorite spots and let him go one on one as if its likely to go well.

Default Re: Bucks took Scottie pips blueprint on how to gaurd Frauden and it worked brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Ive often wondered why people were content to let him have his left and not even work. People will back off as he casually dribbles to his favorite spots and let him go one on one as if its likely to go well.
    defense

pick one

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Yeah I know it makes no sense. I think players in general take the regular off and don't go hard on defence. It does seem much better come playoff time

Most teams play next to no D for 3 Qs, then a little in the 4th.
    Sad

then once he gets over half he'd play his left hand almost playing on his side so he can't get the space for his step back/side three and he'd be forced to drive right.
    funny, i tuned into the game in like the 3rd quarter and noticed that the bucks defenders were completely riding the beard on his strong side (left). almost to a comical degree, but it worked. dude didn't have his usual avenues for his travel stepbacks and flops for fouls.

was confused by seeing defense being played in 2019. was a shock to the system really.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paksat
    defense

pick one
    spot on

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    funny, i tuned into the game in like the 3rd quarter and noticed that the bucks defenders were completely riding the beard on his strong side (left). almost to a comical degree, but it worked. dude didn't have his usual avenues for his travel stepbacks and flops for fouls.

was confused by seeing defense being played in 2019. was a shock to the system really.
    Yeah he looked frustrated for sure and this was mostly hill and bledsoe gaurding him. I can only imagine what pip and mj would of done in there prime against him.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Pip demonstrated how he would gaurd harden on the jump awhile back. Said right off the bat he'd deny him the ball so he can't even get it. If he did get it he Said he'd ride him full court and then once he gets over half he'd play his left hand almost playing on his side so he can't get the space for his step back/side three and he'd be forced to drive right. This is exactly what the bucks did all game minus the full court pick up.

Imagine what pip and the bulls would of done to harden if they played him. Imagine harden trying to do what he's doing now in the 90's with defenders being aloud to be physical with him denying him the ball and dogging him 90 feet. Then once over half being hand checked while being forced to his weak hand into great centers like hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, ewing, mourning and mutombo. Apparently 90's defence was trash but it was a 90's defender that just gave the blueprint on how to stop harden and the rockets. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7dIE3KT6lU
    Yes, I have watched it last month - when comes to defence Pippen is very competent and he is like student of the game also. He knows the game. Just imagine what experienced Bulls opponents (perimeter and wing players) during second 3 peat going into the defensive jugernaut of MJ, Pippen and Rodman, and Harper also played defense. And add to this 2-3 seven footers rotating by PJ.

Same way following an ESPN interview with Michael Jordan back in 2013, he described how he would guard LeBron James, then the same weekend his apprentice Kobe Bryant went out and blocked LeBron in two straight possessions to end the All-Star game

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Same way following an ESPN interview with Michael Jordan back in 2013, he described how he would guard LeBron James, then the same weekend his apprentice Kobe Bryant went out and blocked LeBron in two straight possessions to end the All-Star game
    6d chess.

Michael Jordan Breaks Down Blueprint for Defending LeBron James

The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."

[COLOR="Red"]february 14, 2013[/COLOR]
    The 2013 NBA All-Star Game was an exhibition basketball game that was played on [COLOR="Red"]February 17, 2013[/COLOR]

the goat used his apprentice on some avatar shit.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Because most teams don't have the personnel for it. The bucks have 2 of the best defensive guards in the league, then they have 2 big men waiting for harden in the paint ( Giannis and Brook) to contest and make him take floaters. Not every team can do that

This isn't new you guys. The Bucks played him the same way 2 months ago and he dropped 46 and 10. Albeit on 13/30 shooting. So it's effective but it's not exactly going to shut him down.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    6d chess.

the goat used his apprentice on some avatar shit.
    Lol

Can you imagine the dobermans hounding this current group of two dimensional at best perimeter superstars? The 3 and Flop kids?

Jokic Stan

This year's version of Harden would dominate in the 90's. Can't even imagine the few years with the shortened 3-point line.