Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bucks took Scottie pips blueprint on how to gaurd Frauden and it worked brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    This year's version of Harden would dominate in the 90's. Can't even imagine the few years with the shortened 3-point line.
    Could you imagine Harden in the 90s with a shortened 3-point line

Michael Jordan on 305 steroids. I mean we're talking 45-15-10

Jokic Stan

Default Re: Bucks took Scottie pips blueprint on how to gaurd Frauden and it worked brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2

No need to troll.

No need to troll.
    *40-12-10

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2

Nah if anything the shortened line (and it wasn

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Nah if anything the shortened line (and it wasn’t significant) caused more congestion ...

Plus, Harden wouldn’t be getting all these flopping soft touch calls to get to the line to pad his PPG. There would also be actual rim defenders. Physicality. And his traveling step backs would get called.

Good try space jam 2 but a remake is never better than the actual original.

But keep trying with your 24 posts a day, instead of looking attain a new job after being laid off.

Harden would not be able to do most of what he's doing today in the 90's. But if you take his whole team? Shit. You'd have a revolution. They won't win a ring. But it would open a lot of people's eyes as to what's possible with shooters. And Harden would put up HUGE numbers to boot. Might even snag an MVP. But it would take a heavier physical toll on him and he'd struggle to sustain it for multiple seasons. Also, Houston's defense would be less effective in the 90's.

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Nah if anything the shortened line (and it wasn

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Look, someone with a brain.

It would be a lot easier to close out on Harden's shot and he wouldn't get the bs calls he does today, his style of play would simply not work in the 90s.
    Players got open 18-20 footers ALL the time in the 90's. Harden's 3 point barrage would be unstoppable.

Easier to close out? Wow, maybe Harden would just shoot a little further back than the actual line...genius.

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Nah if anything the shortened line (and it wasn

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Harden is the perfect example of why you can't use numbers to judge a players worth. He cheats the game looking for bs calls anytime tight defense is played, and its obvious his baiting and ball dominating style would be stifled in any other era... shit we've even seen it happen in this era in the playoffs.

I watched the highlights and it seems Harden beats his defender every single time and the Bucks are okay with that. I'm not sure this type of defense would work in the long run or in a 7 game series.

Banned

they didn't quite follow through with pippens gameplan

they put short guys on harden when you need a long guy to close the distance on the layup/floaters when you let him drive by

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I watched the highlights and it seems Harden beats his defender every single time and the Bucks are okay with that. I'm not sure this type of defense would work in the long run or in a 7 game series.

he was 9 for 26 and 1 for 9 from three. it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy3
    Because most teams don't have the personnel for it. The bucks have 2 of the best defensive guards in the league, then they have 2 big men waiting for harden in the paint ( Giannis and Brook) to contest and make him take floaters. Not every team can do that
    exactly

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Dude they forced him to put up a bunch of contested layups and floaters. It absolutely works. Floaters arnt an easy shot to make consistently. I'll take that over harden getting good looks at threes. The crowd and there team feeds of that shit

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Players got open 18-20 footers ALL the time in the 90's. Harden's 3 point barrage would be unstoppable.

Easier to close out? Wow, maybe Harden would just shoot a little further back than the actual line...genius.
    That was mostly a result of ball and player movement as opposed to perimeter ball dominant isos.

Again...