Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default The Pope is ****ing weird - Doesn

Trust me, a lot of Catholics aren

Banned

Default Re: The Pope is ****ing weird - Doesn

what makes the pope so amazing to religious people anyway

does he have super powers. is it a family lineage. did he achieve some kind of 10th degree blackbelt in knowledge. did he ever perform a miracle.

i don't get it ... is he just a priest that gets voted into office. if so why kiss his hand or ring. he's no better than an elected official

[QUOTE=Patrick Chewing][B]Trust me, a lot of Catholics aren

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    False, he isn't popular with you and other Jews pretending to be Catholics [COLOR="White"]I kid[/COLOR]

He's showing humility, numbnuts, he has asked us not to go overboard with the adoration but people don't listen.

Come on, Juan. Internet slow in Chihuahua??

Confidence in Pope Francis Down Sharply in U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Come on, Juan. Internet slow in Chihuahua??

Confidence in Pope Francis Down Sharply in U.S.

At least we got internet here chico, unlike in that banana republic that you're from.

And that poll only shows US catholics, so who gives a fukk

At least we got internet here chico, unlike in that banana republic that you're from.

And that poll only shows US catholics, so who gives a fukk
    U.S. Catholics #3 in the world son! B

Let's agree that the baddest pope of all-time was Pope Urban II.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

That

[QUOTE=Patrick Chewing]Trust me, a lot of Catholics aren

Local High School Star

Never seen atheist caring so much and loving the Pope before this one

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

False, he isn't popular with you and other Jews pretending to be Catholics [COLOR="White"]I kid[/COLOR]

He's showing humility, numbnuts, he has asked us not to go overboard with the adoration but people don't listen.
    Is he more popular than other Popes before him though? The only popularity figures I saw were 71% in Europe in 2017. He caused a big uproar in Chile when he promoted a bishop with a pedophilia past. The majority of Chile's bishops refused to attend the promotion ceremony with the Pope which is customary and a huge slap in the face to the Pope. Chile's head cardinal told Francis not to promote this guy but Francis went ahead and did it anyway which puzzled everyone. And to top it all off the Pope then publicly accused this priests victims with slander.

I'm not a Catholic, but being part Irish I did have practicing family. My gf is also catholic. What I find amusing is that this Pope welcomes refugees from other religions that are hostile to Christianity. Past Popes sent out armies to kill invading Muslims by the millions and this one is literally washing their feet.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    Is he more popular than other Popes before him though? The only popularity figures I saw were 71% in Europe in 2017. He caused a big uproar in Chile when he promoted a bishop with a pedophilia past. The majority of Chile's bishops refused to attend the promotion ceremony with the Pope which is customary and a huge slap in the face to the Pope. Chile's head cardinal told Francis not to promote this guy but Francis went ahead and did it anyway which puzzled everyone. And to top it all off the Pope then publicly accused this priests victims with slander.

I'm not a Catholic, but being part Irish I did have practicing family. My gf is also catholic. What I find amusing is that this Pope welcomes refugees from other religions that are hostile to Christianity. Past Popes sent out armies to kill invading Muslims by the millions and this one is literally washing their feet.
    Did you know that when Jerusalem was captured by Umar Ibn Al Khattab (RA) (actually the key was handed over to him), that the Jews and Christians were allowed to practice their faiths with their own rabbis and priests?
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 03-30-2019 at 11:40 AM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    what makes the pope so amazing to religious people anyway

does he have super powers. is it a family lineage. did he achieve some kind of 10th degree blackbelt in knowledge. did he ever perform a miracle.

i don't get it ... is he just a priest that gets voted into office. if so why kiss his hand or ring. he's no better than an elected official

You bring up an extremely important point, Kenny.

We should never have excessive admiration for human beings to the point where we deify them and we should be wary not to do that.

Thanks.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 654:
    Narrated 'Umar:
    I heard the Prophet saying, "Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    You bring up an extremely important point, Kenny.

We should never have excessive admiration for human beings to the point where we deify them and we should be wary not to do that.

Thanks.
    Agreed

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Did you know that when Jerusalem was captured by Umar Ibn Al Khattab (RA) (actually the key was handed over to him), that the Jews and Christians were allowed to practice their faiths with their own rabbis and priests?
    But that's not the case today. Christians and Jews are treated like dirt in Muslim counties. The only reason they haven't been all murdered or forced to convert is because the Q'uran somewhat protects them(not atheists or other religions though). Even so, life is made very hard with heavy discrimination and suspicion. In most cases in these regions they are not allowed to build new places of worship, only maintain existing ones. All religions are very flawed with Islam being the worst and least tolerant of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    U.S. Catholics #3 in the world son! B

Let's agree that the baddest pope of all-time was Pope Urban II.

Ah, the guy that started the failed attempt of the crusaders

How does it feel that you guys lost the crusades?