Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Clippers commentator: Harden is manipulating the game... CHEATING it

https://twitter.com/DimeUPROXX/statu...61465175777285

"I just feel like this style, what Harden does, is manipulating the game somehow. Almost like cheating it somehow," MacLean said.

"And I don't really have a thought beyond that other than I'm watching something that isn't basketball.”
    this old man put it perfectly, what James Harden is doing just isn't basketball. This style of boxscore manipulation started with Lebron and Harden took it to the logical conclusion.

Default Re: Clippers commentator: Harden is manipulating the game... CHEATING it

Its funny how the same retards stan both players. Posters like Smoke and those dray alts or whatever who are absolutely brain dead.... says something about it doesn't it?

Default Re: Clippers commentator: Harden is manipulating the game... CHEATING it

Kind of harsh but sometimes the truth is.

Harden plays like a puppet. Like someone behind a 2K controller exploiting the game

Notice the commentator is not talking about the flopping/foul baiting aspect of Harden's game. He's just talking about the lack of ball movement and ball dominance. Funny cuz this is the same shit hating old heads were saying about MJ in the 80's. And then MJ shat on their heroes
    MJ shut them up by winning. Harden needs to win a ring at least once if he wants to do the same. As for the flopping and foul baiting? I have no issue with Harden but I do have an issue with the league rewarding it as much as it does.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Notice the commentator is not talking about the flopping/foul baiting aspect of Harden's game. He's just talking about the lack of ball movement and ball dominance. Funny cuz this is the same shit hating old heads were saying about MJ in the 80's. And then MJ shat on their heroes
    MJ shut them up by winning. Harden needs to win a ring at least once if he wants to do the same. As for the flopping and foul baiting? I have no issue with Harden but I do have an issue with the league rewarding it as much as it does.
    The fouls and freethrows go without being said.

Harden's game is essentially threes and layups. Not a lot of flavor. He doesn't play much off the basketball, and his time of possession is probably crazy. Its got to be higher than LeBron's...right?
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 04-04-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Harden's game is essentially threes and layups. Not a lot of flavor from someone that cant play without the basketball. What is Harden's time of possession by the way? Its got to be higher than LeBron's.
    Yup, MJ was ADDING to the game, Harden is actively subtracting from it and reducing it to its most exploitable components

huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Yup, MJ was ADDING to the game, Harden is actively subtracting from it and reducing it to its most exploitable components

huge difference
    I edited that post.

Saying he cant play off the basketball was hyperbole on my part. Harden can and does.

Not @ Jordan level though if that's the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Harden's game is essentially threes and layups. Not a lot of flavor from someone that cant play without the basketball. What is Harden's time of possession by the way? Its got to be higher than LeBron's.
    Watching Harden play does feel...dirty. But the league manipulated the game to this point to allow it to happen. What got the ball rolling in this direction was Stern wanting MJ 2.0 so bad. I can't blame Harden for his intelligent exploitation. Ultimately, don't hate the player; hate the game. And ya I hate what the game has become.

harden is a cheat code cause he can hit the three ball

dont hate the player hate the game

It's not Beautiful basketball, but somewhere along the way he mastered leveraging the rules of his era(in the regular season anyway) and deserves some credit for doing so. If he's ever able to win a title playing this way then all the criticism gets flushed more or less. He's far from the 1st player to be criticized due to his play style and won't be the last.

Don MacLean is one of the smarter analysts out there. Unfortunately, he's boring as **** and has a tendency to call it as it is, which a lot of folks don't like.

It's a very common opinion on Harden's game.

[COLOR=Teal]Beside flopping, I can't fault him for playing a style that makes him extremely productive, if a bit limited in what he can do with it in the playoffs.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]It's MDA and Houston's analytics guys that's forced this horrible 50+ 3s playstyle that's unbearable to watch. Blame them, not Harden.
    [/COLOR]

As much of a fan of King James that I am, even I gotta admit Harden is the biggest ball hog I've seen. He takes Bran ball to a whole new level

Harden and Westbitch play for box score. Not W’s. They took LeBron’s focus on stats and extrapolated it. Durant took LeBron’s bitch colluding and deck stacking and extrapolated it.