Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers commentator: Harden is manipulating the game... CHEATING it

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Notice the commentator is not talking about the flopping/foul baiting aspect of Harden's game. He's just talking about the lack of ball movement and ball dominance. Funny cuz this is the same shit hating old heads were saying about MJ in the 80's. And then MJ shat on their heroes
    MJ shut them up by winning. Harden needs to win a ring at least once if he wants to do the same. As for the flopping and foul baiting? I have no issue with Harden but I do have an issue with the league rewarding it as much as it does.

The difference is mj could dominate the ball or play off ball... Harden doesnt have an off ball switch. He needs a long survey and 5 dribbles to do anything. That stifles teamwork and leads to a poor brand of ball.

Default Re: Clippers commentator: Harden is manipulating the game... CHEATING it

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Don MacLean is one of the smarter analysts out there. Unfortunately, he's boring as **** and has a tendency to call it as it is, which a lot of folks don't like.
    This. I could fall asleep listening to him talk, but he’s not stupid. In this case, he’s absolutely right too.

Harden will be exposed in the playoffs again and the Rockets will go as far as that passive aggressive tree stump CP0 takes them.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Notice the commentator is not talking about the flopping/foul baiting aspect of Harden's game. He's just talking about the lack of ball movement and ball dominance. Funny cuz this is the same shit hating old heads were saying about MJ in the 80's. And then MJ shat on their heroes
    MJ shut them up by winning. Harden needs to win a ring at least once if he wants to do the same. As for the flopping and foul baiting? I have no issue with Harden but I do have an issue with the league rewarding it as much as it does.
    MJ was dominating off the ball when the Bulls won their titles, that's why that team was able to be 'good'( the whole 55 win thing) with him gone. Players were employed as more than drive and kick assist targets and instead played an organic brand of ball based on the Triangle's nuances. The way how Harden plays ball, I can see his team sucking without him in the same light as Lebron's when he's not there, because the players are there mostly at Harden's iso-heavy beckoning, instead of an offense that emphasizes ball/player movement and allows for others to make intelligent decisions on their own.

That said, I don't blame him for manipulating the rules. He's doing what he can get away with. It sucks for those of us who've been around for a while, but until it's neutralized either by rule changes or teams adapt he'd be a fool not to continue bending the rules as far as he can. I don't like his style, but whatever.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    As much of a fan of King James that I am, even I gotta admit Harden is the biggest ball hog I've seen. He takes Bran ball to a whole new level
    Finally you say something that isn't stupid

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor
    This. I could fall asleep listening to him talk, but he’s not stupid. In this case, he’s absolutely right too.

Harden will be exposed in the playoffs again and the Rockets will go as far as that passive aggressive tree stump CP0 takes them.
    How will DeRozan and the Spurs do in the playoffs?

Harden is a cheat code.

[QUOTE=Proctor]This. I could fall asleep listening to him talk, but he

Harden is great at exploiting defenders, his anticipation is one of a kind

Whether his strategy is entertaining is subjective

Shaq's game was boring as hell, sheer physically size throwing bodies around with a simple spin move, apply force and your getting a elbow to the ribs or jaw and he's living at the free throw line. No one was crying about it

Banned

harden isn't manipulating the rules. the rules changed

the rules today aren't real basketball... so when a guy dominates fake basketball of course his game will look fake

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

https://twitter.com/DimeUPROXX/statu...61465175777285

this old man put it perfectly, what James Harden is doing just isn't basketball. This style of boxscore manipulation started with Lebron and Harden took it to the logical conclusion.

Decent playground baller

Don MacLean of all people is in no position to lecture anyone on cheating in basketball.

McLean comes off as a bitter old man, get off my lawn type.

Harden is averaging 36 ppg with a TS of 61.5%. He is the best iso scorer in the game an the Rockets are taking full advantage of that.

Get over it.

The post above is referring to McLean's suspension for steroids. Glass houses..

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Doesn't Harden still have more Free Throws made than Field Goals?

Don MacLean, the first man in NBA history to be suspended over steroid use, is complaining about someone else cheating...

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    https://twitter.com/DimeUPROXX/statu...61465175777285

this old man put it perfectly, what James Harden is doing just isn't basketball. This style of boxscore manipulation started with Lebron and Harden took it to the logical conclusion.
    What's funny is how the harden fucc boi fans were arguing with me last week about how great he would be in any era. Nope.