Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The world celebrates when Rhinos and Elephants kill poachers

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Fukk rhinos and elephants. They have never done one thing for me so why should I care about them?
    because you're a good gai.

Dunking on everybody in the park Gatorade Sax's Avatar

Fukk rhinos and elephants. They have never done one thing for me so why should I care about them?
    Come on now Smoke..even your withered, old heart flutters a little when animal cruelty is involved. We all know it :)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorade Sax
    Come on now Smoke..even your withered, old heart flutters a little when animal cruelty is involved. We all know it :)
    It just makes me sick. The same people with a bleeding heart over some dead animal walk by and ignore a woman getting mugged in the street. They only care about shit when they can put on their face book. It's pathetic. People are pathetic little rat scum in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    If you think this about people who hunt for food, then surely you must believe everyone should be vegetarian? If I kill a deer and eat its meat, I'm not putting money into the meat industry... which is where real animal cruelty exists. The deer shot in the wild lives a free life and dies quickly. The cow bred for its meat lives a life of suffering.
    I have no issue with hunting for meat under a controlled basis but realistically very few hunters genuinely do that. The vast majority of hunting is for "sport".

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I dont know who to blame this on. I have to imagine most direct poachers are poor 3rd worlders who know they can get big money for shooting an animal. Im not sure its morally wrong to kill a rhino to feed your children in a part of the world drinking the water might kill you. The biggest problem to me are the people who will pay for those products at retail knowing the way they must be obtained.

The whole chain is ****ed up but im not sure how the poacher who probably gets pennies on the dollar is worse than the guy buying rhino horn dick pills or whatever nonsense they do with it.

If some guy is killing bald eagles at your behest is he worse than you who paid him to do it?

**** the poachers....lock em up. Shoot em. Whatever. Im not gonna stand in their defense....im just saying....get the whole chain. To me its like the people who demonize a crack dealing poor kid for killing the community for minimum wage money but dont show that same level of venom for the many levels of people who have to turn a blind eye for the drugs to even get from south america to Indiana in the first place.

Id like to learn more about this subject....

Do poachers get rich off it or just...get by?

The ones I see in documentaries look like poor locals probably employed by big operations that use them to find/track the animals.

There isnt much id blame a truly dirt poor father for doing for his family. Whats the best paying job you can get as an unskilled no education having guy on the grasslands?

There is a level of poverty we as Americans are not used to seeing. Considering what poor Americans will do for a buck? Poor Africans? The true poverty that exists in Africa, Asia, and the kinds of places that dont have a food stamp cards or minimum wage that can at least feed you?

There isnt much I wouldnt do to feed my son.

I wouldnt rape or molest anyone.

That may be just about it.

Id kill a man if I could be given evidence he deserved it if its the difference between my baby getting a bottle of clean water or drinking diseased runoff from some river 400,000 people shit in.

Hate to say it....but...faced with true third world poverty and no job prospects? Id probably shoot the **** outta a Hippo for a pallet of bottled water. I have a hard time judging the poor. American poor....yes. I'll judge American poor. American poor isnt all that poor really.

Liberia poor?

I dont know what id do in that situation.....not everywhere allows you to simply work hard and prosper. You can hard work your way to a betterl ife in America. The slums of tanzania or the really bad parts of India or south America?

I dont think we can even wrap our heads around being that hopeless.

Scientists need to figure out how to create synthetic ivory, then flood the market with it and drive the price of ivory down to nothing. That would put a swift end to poaching. Let Asians but synthetic ivory trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I have no issue with hunting for meat under a controlled basis but realistically very few hunters genuinely do that. The vast majority of hunting is for "sport".
    What? Do you know anyone who hunts? Everyone I've known stocks up on months worth of meat every time they get a kill.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I dont know who to blame this on. I have to imagine most direct poachers are poor 3rd worlders who know they can get big money for shooting an animal. Im not sure its morally wrong to kill a rhino to feed your children in a part of the world drinking the water might kill you. The biggest problem to me are the people who will pay for those products at retail knowing the way they must be obtained.

It’s not a question of morality. It’s simple pragmatism. There are 1,000,000,000 Africans and 30,000 rhinos.

An entire species of unique, magnificent creatures is under threat of permanent extinction. If that were the case with Africans and the rhino were plenty, Id root for the poachers.

To me, one starving person from a group that’s projected to have 4 billion in total by 2100 is not as distressing as the extinction of an entire species of apex predators in the wild.

Let the poachers die. Including, obviously, any first world trophy hunters out there killing endangered species for sport.

Personally Im not judging anyone involved. Im just hoping they die.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 04-08-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    It's like were back in Gladiator roman times

Despite human's evolution warpath being the cause of many species extinction. Our obsession to support other animals survival is unique, the sense of morality.

What does say about our nature that humans worldwide collectively root for the beast over our own kind in sport?
    what do you mean sport? as if the elephants and rhinos are given a rifle as well to shoot back. we root for the animal because they are innocent and are being murdered. this should make sense to you and if it doesn't, it says a lot about your ability to generate your own ethical values.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    If you think this about people who hunt for food, then surely you must believe everyone should be vegetarian? If I kill a deer and eat its meat, I'm not putting money into the meat industry... which is where real animal cruelty exists. The deer shot in the wild lives a free life and dies quickly. The cow bred for its meat lives a life of suffering.
    The problem isn't hunting animals like boars, who breed like crazy, but decimating those who are severely endangered for nothing.

The cows we eat wouldn't even exist if we didn't eat them. Not excusing cruelty. We surely should eat less meat and thereby reduce industrial livestock farming.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    There nothing whatsoever romantic, rugged or manly about shooting an animal from far away.

If you hunt for meat, fine. If you hunt because you’re a short-dicked beta who needs to kill animals from distance to compensate for said tiny pecker or “for sport”...then the way I see it, if that animal deserves to die your chances should be the same as theirs.

Sport hunters should only be able to hunt with a knife. If a sport hunter goes out with a gun, 10 people should then be able to hunt and freely shoot at the sport hunter.
    Have you ever actually gone hunting before? Do you eat meat?

There's nothing really wrong with using a gun - that's called competitive advantage and being top of the food chain.

I've never gone hunting myself but I enjoy fishing. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

No surprise the two dudes from Massachusetts expressing a moral high ground over something they know nothing about.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I know a guy that dropped 100k to shoot an elephant and a giraffe in africa.

100k to be driven up to these animals and shoot them from the land cruiser of whatever.

And i guess it's super expensive to bring the trophies back to the states too. The 100k was just for having the privilege to kill the animals.

I really just don't get it. Like you could have handed the gun to an old lady or a 9 year old kid and they could have killed the animals. Took no skill whatsoever.

I'm sure they are told that the money goes toward conservation efforts or something like that but if that person was really concerned with environmentalism they could have just donated the money and not shot animals.

Just terrible.

Banned

so you're ok with killing humans if they haven't gone out of their way to help you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker

There's nothing really wrong with using a gun - that's called competitive advantage and being top of the food chain.

I've never gone hunting myself but I enjoy fishing. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

No surprise the two dudes from Massachusetts expressing a moral high ground over something they know nothing about.
    I've gone fishing plenty of times. My brother is a big time fisherman. I think its blah. I dont see the sporting element in it, with all the gear and crap they use. Anyway, fishing isn't as bad as hunting. You can catch and release and the fish can usually survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker

A fellow officer who served with me, was an avid hunter, he invited me on a boar hunt once. I joined him on one of his hunts, strapped myself to the roof of a customised Land Rover Defender with floodlights which lit up the plains and sent the boars running. I shot one down that was running maybe less than 5 metres from the vehicle, the rush I felt was mostly due to riding on top of a damn car rocking up and down and being scared of falling and getting stampeded by boars. The meat remains the best meat I have ever tasted to date though.

I told him that shit didn't feel like hunting more like stunt work and that my definition of hunting was something else. A few weeks later we went on foot and he tried to show me how to track game, it took us over 6 hours to stalk up on a fallow because I kept scaring the prey away. But once we did it, I felt such a sense of achievement that I insisted we leave it be. He later told me that he too finds the process of tracking and coming up on game unawares more satisfying than the actual killing.