Default Kobe on clearing the air with Shaq, Pau's importance to winning 2 rings

Banned

Default Re: Kobe on clearing the air with Shaq, Pau's importance to winning 2 rings

if shaq worked out in the off season and didn't change the script in the finals in 2001 after kobes historic run then i think the lakers would have ran off 7 straight titles

2000 shaq finals mvp
    2001 kobe finals mvp
    2002 shaq finals mvp
    2003 kobe finals mvp
    2004 shaq finals mvp
    2005 kobe finals mvp
    2006 kobe finals mvp

but shaq was selfish and lazy... so it destroyed them

it cost them in 2003 and it made kobe try too hard to get mvp in 2004

shaq messed up big time

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe on clearing the air with Shaq, Pau's importance to winning 2 rings

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    if shaq worked out in the off season and didn't change the script in the finals in 2001 after kobes historic run then i think the lakers would have ran off 7 straight titles

2000 shaq finals mvp
    2001 kobe finals mvp
    2002 shaq finals mvp
    2003 kobe finals mvp
    2004 shaq finals mvp
    2005 kobe finals mvp
    2006 kobe finals mvp

shaq messed up big time

2001:

Shaq - 33.0ppg 15.8rpg 4.8apg 3.4 bpg .575%ts gamescore 27.4

Kobe - 24.6pg 7.6rpg 5.8apg 1.4spg 1.4bpg .501%ts gamescore 17.2

I also love how you are trying to blame Shaq for the huge dump kobe laid in the 2004 finals vs the Pistons. You're like a jaded ex gf the way you try and lift up Kobe while shit on the guy who was the by far better player with the by far bigger impact. I digress, though, keep going. The laughs you bring will never get old.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

2001:

Shaq - 33.0ppg 15.8rpg 4.8apg 3.4 bpg .575%ts gamescore 27.4

Kobe - 24.6pg 7.6rpg 5.8apg 1.4spg 1.4bpg .501%ts gamescore 17.2

I also love how you are trying to blame Shaq for the huge dump kobe laid in the 2004 finals vs the Pistons. You're like a jaded ex gf the way you try and lift up Kobe while shit on the guy who was the by far better player with the by far bigger impact. I digress, though, keep going. The laughs you bring will never get old.

you're so angry

2000 shaq finals mvp
    2001 kobe finals mvp
    2002 shaq finals mvp
    2003 kobe finals mvp
    2004 shaq finals mvp
    2005 kobe finals mvp
    2006 kobe finals mvp

shaq messed up big time
    Oh what did Shaq cost them in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2004?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

you're so angry

And that biting wit (lack of) is what makes you such an easy mark. To say I'm more intelligent than you is like saying I'm more intelligent than a snail. You have the wit of a fukking rusty piece of iron. You make it so easy the sport is going out of it. Get smarter because I'm just starting to feel bad. I don't want to be a bully and that's all it is when it comes to you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Oh what did Shaq cost them in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2004?

shaq making kobe carry the lakers to the finals just so he could hog all the shots and say "if you don't feed the dog the dog wont guard the house" basically threatening not to play defense unless he got finals mvp... cost the lakers any shot at more titles

him not working out in the off season also cost them more titles

they could have won in 03, 04, 05, 06 and 07 but shaq wanted kobe to believe he couldn't win without him

it was the downfall of the 2004 lakers. they fought all year and both tried winning mvp in the 2004 finals which tore the team apart. had kobe gotten his finals mvp in 2001 when he was the best player during that post season then they could have gone back and forth year after year and shared the spotlight

instead shaq threw down the challenge and kobe accepted it

it was probably the best thing that could have happened because even if kobe had 7 rings people would be saying "but he had shaq"

he needed to win without shaq. so in a way kobes 5 is bigger than a possible 6+ with shaq

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    And that biting wit (lack of) is what makes you such an easy mark. To say I'm more intelligent than you is like saying I'm more intelligent than a snail. You have the wit of a fukking rusty piece of iron. You make it so easy the sport is going out of it. Get smarter because I'm just starting to feel bad. I don't want to be a bully and that's all it is when it comes to you.

so sooo angry

shaq making kobe carry the lakers to the finals just so he could hog all the shots and say "if you don't feed the dog the dog wont guard the house" basically threatening not to play defense unless he got finals mvp... cost the lakers any shot at more titles

So Kobe hogged the ball up until the finals(not feeding the dog), but Shaq scored as much and was more impactful? Damn Shaq must've been good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    So Kobe hogged the ball up until the finals(not feeding the dog), but Shaq scored as much and was more impactful? Damn Shaq must've been good.

except shaq SAID he it was his plan to let kobe take most of the load offensively

it was so he could save himself for the finals. he's probably the laziest player in history ( admittedly )

So Shaq half assed it and still scored as much? Damn Shaq must've been good.