Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 690

Thread: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

  1. #16
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Rockets in six. They've been the hottest team in the NBA over the last 30% of the season, going 21-4 with a 11.5 PD. That's about as good as the Warriors when they're actually trying. Houston gets a bit of a break, with four days rest after not sitting any of their starters right up to the end of the season.

  2. #17
    NBA Legend UK2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    18,676

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Rockets in 5, maybe 6.

  3. #18
    Kwisatz Haderach MJistheGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,658

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Jazz could steal one or two games.

  4. #19
    Pass The Salt SaltyMeatballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sexy Time
    Posts
    3,034

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Rockets in 5

  5. #20
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,754

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    should be quick but a gobert & inexperienced mitchell took out pg13 & westbrook last year... they will certainly give better this year and no more rubi0 to cloud their efforts.

  6. #21
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    28,331

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    should be quick but a gobert & inexperienced mitchell took out pg13 & westbrook last year... they will certainly give better this year and no more rubi0 to cloud their efforts.
    No more Rubio? I wish

  7. #22
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,754

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    No more Rubio? I wish

    ****kk hes back?

    i wish you well on your nightmares my friend.

  8. #23
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    28,331

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    he's day to day. I imagine he will play. thanks!

  9. #24

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets
    This should be the best opening round matchup. The Jazz are a solid road team, and they played the Rockets tight last year in the playoffs before injuries did them in. They split the season series at 2-2. MVP favorite Harden will put up crazy numbers, but he will also pull a stinkbomb once a week or so. Paul has a history of coming up small as well. This series will come down to whether the Jazz can score enough while controlling the Rockets on offense to steal the series.
    Houston, 4-3

  10. #25
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    37,258

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets
    This should be the best opening round matchup. The Jazz are a solid road team, and they played the Rockets tight last year in the playoffs before injuries did them in. They split the season series at 2-2. MVP favorite Harden will put up crazy numbers, but he will also pull a stinkbomb once a week or so. Paul has a history of coming up small as well. This series will come down to whether the Jazz can score enough while controlling the Rockets on offense to steal the series.
    Houston, 4-3
    fake news

  11. #26
    truth serum sdot_thadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,493

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    mind: Rox in 4

    heart: Rox in 5

  12. #27
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    28,331

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets
    This should be the best opening round matchup. The Jazz are a solid road team, and they played the Rockets tight last year in the playoffs before injuries did them in. They split the season series at 2-2. MVP favorite Harden will put up crazy numbers, but he will also pull a stinkbomb once a week or so. Paul has a history of coming up small as well. This series will come down to whether the Jazz can score enough while controlling the Rockets on offense to steal the series.
    Houston, 4-3
    was a 5 game series last year. got blown out the last two times against them this year. Where are the Jazz going to get scoring from without Conley? It's why they lost last year and they bring back the same team.

  13. #28
    Wuddup Doe Callystarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    641

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    was a 5 game series last year. got blown out the last two times against them this year. Where are the Jazz going to get scoring from without Conley? It's why they lost last year and they bring back the same team.
    They did not get blown out the last 2 times against Houston. Facts do matter.

    They played twice in December, one resulting in the Jazz blowing them out, and the later game, Houston winning by 5. (not a blow out)

    The last game was a blow out, and more or less a perfect storm where the Jazz could not make anything and Houston made everything. The bench was killing it in that game, they made like 10-18 three's (bench alone)....and Utah never recovered. Allowing Harden to go to the line 15 times damn sure didn't help, had they kept Harden off the line, it would have been a slaw show for him. Utah shot 36% from the field, that wouldn't win a game against Phoenix.

    Houston is not as strong as they were last year, the Jazz are pretty much the same, except with I feel like their bench is stronger. This series will go 6 games minimally...but this series could go either way.

    I think Royce O'Neal is going to be an X-Factor defensively for this series. They need someone who can contend with Harden, defensively. I'm excited for this series...

    Golden State is in trouble regardless of who comes out of this series, because both of these teams play GSW VERY well.
    Last edited by Callystarr; 04-14-2019 at 02:31 PM.

  14. #29
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    28,331

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Callystarr
    They did not get blown out the last 2 times against Houston. Facts do matter.

    They played twice in December, one resulting in the Jazz blowing them out, and the later game, Houston winning by 5. (not a blow out)

    The last game was a blow out, and more or less a perfect storm where the Jazz could not make anything and Houston made everything. The bench was killing it in that game, they made like 10-18 three's (bench alone)....and Utah never recovered. Allowing Harden to go to the line 15 times damn sure didn't help, had they kept Harden off the line, it would have been a slaw show for him. Utah shot 36% from the field, that wouldn't win a game against Phoenix.

    Houston is not as strong as they were last year, the Jazz are pretty much the same, except with I feel like their bench is stronger. This series will go 6 games minimally...but this series could go either way.

    I think Royce O'Neal is going to be an X-Factor defensively for this series. They need someone who can contend with Harden, defensively. I'm excited for this series...

    Golden State is in trouble regardless of who comes out of this series, because both of these teams play GSW VERY well.
    The problem is the Jazz often have problems shooting. They lost last year to Houston because of pathetic offense. Rubio is healthy though!

    Hard to say if Houston is better or worse. They are smaller. Harden is better. Faried brings a lot of what Capela does offensively and Gobert couldn't cover the pick and roll by himself last year. Who's stepping up to help him this year? Rivers and Shupert don't suck. Jazz won 1 more game than last year while being healthier and having mostly the same team.

    GS is in trouble because they aren't as good defensively. They are ripe for the picking. They were lucky to escape last year. The Jazz certainly have no shot in this series. Mitchell has to be huge and that will be difficult with Rubio's man covering him as well. The league is lucky they didn't get Conley

  15. #30
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    28,331

    Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

    Korver game time decision

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •