NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: Rockets vs Jazz Series Thread

[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]I

Playoff Harden's defense.

NBA sixth man of the year NBAGOAT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Conley isn't now. The price will go up for him this summer. Beverley fits. Need a modern starting 4
    So mirotic bojan types?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    So mirotic bojan types?
    Mirotic wanted to come here as did Tobias supposedly. Bojan fits. Tobias if they could get him. Likely pick up Favors option and outbid themselves to bring Ricky back though. They are nice guys!

Rubio was the only positive for Utah tonight, i don't get why ya'll shitting on him so much if it wasn't for him this game would be a blowout

NBA sixth man of the year NBAGOAT's Avatar

Mirotic wanted to come here as did Tobias supposedly. Bojan fits. Tobias if they could get him. Likely pick up Favors option and outbid themselves to bring Ricky back though. They are nice guys!
    Tobias is unlikely. No great reason to leave philly and if he does will get a huge contract

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Rubio was the only positive for Utah tonight, i don't get why ya'll shitting on him so much if it wasn't for him this game would be a blowout
    Ricky usually sucks. There's a reason no one guards him. And the way they guarded Harden is the way Ricky guards everyone. Oh and the turnovers and mental weakness. He's a back-up if you want to go anywhere

They need someone who can shoot off the dribble reliably and attack mismatches in some way, while competing defensively too. Middleton would be a great fit for them but I doubt he leaves us to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    They need someone who can shoot off the dribble reliably and attack mismatches in some way, while competing defensively too. Middleton would be a great fit for them but I doubt he leaves us to go there.
    Middleton isn't going anywhere. They could have had Conley. They prefer Exum. Tells you everything you need to know about the franchise. Don't expect Gobert/Mitchell to stick around for that cheap ass crap like Malone/Stockton did though

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Didn't catch all the series but what was up with Gobert? Why didn't Utah play him more? 24 minutes in there only win, and only 30 MPG for the series which was slightly less in the regular season. Bad coaching?

Feels like Utah lacks that offensive star. Gobert is an elite finisher but can't create himself, and Mitchell has the ability but seems like he still struggles with consistency. Utah's really scary when Gobert's locking down the paint and Mitchell can't be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Yeah. Harden-cp3-capela doesn't look nearly as nice to me this year. I think they blew their one shot last year.
    Really sucks that Capela is battling 2 infections right now. If he was fully healthy, the trio would've definitely looked a little better

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Didn't catch all the series but what was up with Gobert? Why didn't Utah play him more? 24 minutes in there only win, and only 30 MPG for the series which was slightly less in the regular season. Bad coaching?

Feels like Utah lacks that offensive star. Gobert is an elite finisher but can't create himself, and Mitchell has the ability but seems like he still struggles with consistency. Utah's really scary when Gobert's locking down the paint and Mitchell can't be stopped.
    Keeping him fresh with Favors behind him. Mitchell will be fine. When you have no 2nd option things aren't going to come easy

Middleton isn't going anywhere. They could have had Conley. They prefer Exum. Tells you everything you need to know about the franchise. Don't expect Gobert/Mitchell to stick around for that cheap ass crap like Malone/Stockton did though
    Honestly Mitchell/Gobert seem like one of the rare duos in the league I actually would expect to stick around. It's not like they're winning 35 games missing the playoffs every year, they're a perennial high 40s to 50s win team. They just got screwed by seeding, if they're on the other side of the bracket I think they definitely make the WCF tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Honestly Mitchell/Gobert seem like one of the rare duos in the league I actually would expect to stick around. It's not like they're winning 35 games missing the playoffs every year, they're a perennial high 40s to 50s win team. They just got screwed by seeding, if they're on the other side of the bracket I think they definitely make the WCF tbh
    Rudy would be stupid to stick around. They've already wasted 4 years of his career. If they aren't going to go all in might as well go somewhere else

time for the main event.