Starwalker?
    Luke Deathstalker

Default Re: Star Wars Episode IX

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    And Palpatine is back??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5spMjy8uhc

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    because the Sith Lord who trained Palpatine supposedly discovered the way to cheat death and Emperor believes in body doubles from what I've read.

They've been expanding what the force is and it's limits right under our noses the last few years since the new trilogy started. So nothing is really out of the question at this point.
    It still raises the question of where the hell was Palpatine for like 3 decades

Star Wars franchise has always been afraid of "The Force". They have continually refused to delve deeper into it. For me, the whole point of the Star Wars concept is THE FORCE. All this family relationship Disney BS about fathers and sons and lost parents etc.....That's Bambi level crap. Not interesting to me.

I would have loved to see a movie just about Yoda for instance. The blind monk guy in the previous movie....He was the most interesting character.

Too bad that they just totally chickened out. Disney ruined it. Too Christian.

This trilogy is all over the place. We have no clear villain in this trilogy as we did with the previous two trilogies.

Kylo turned out to be emo.

Snoke is dead.

And Palpatine is back??

Joke.
    Problem is we had separate writing teams so no real consistency across the 3 movies. After the 2nd movie was despised by so many people, they are trying to fix things. But there is no damn consistency.. Why the hell couldn't you have same writing team across all 3 movies? I don't mind different directors and producers but you want same writers..

I didn't like Rian Johnson doing episode 8 because it went a very different direction from episode 7.. I would have been okay if he wrote all 7, 8 and 9 but to throw him in the middle means you have no consistency. Styles change and plot gets thrown out of wack.

Plot of 8 was a mess..
    -Luke was on this great journey we found out in 7.. In 8, we find out he had shut himself off from the force, given up and gone into isolation..
    -We find out in 7 that Rey might be Luke's daughter.. In 8, we find out she is a nobody
    -We find out Snoke was a scary ass dude, perhaps a very powerful Sith lord in 7.. In 8, he gets chopped in half very easily as if he was nothing
    -in 7, Kylo ren was in training but possibly the next Sith like Vader. In 8, he did not seem anything like Vader.. He looked confused and misguided but not like a typical Sith lord

It's so obvious both were written by different writers.. They dicerged too far from pure plot perspective.. 9 is obviously trying to pull apart many ideas of 8 and return back to 7.. Unfortunately, the ship has sailed on Luke, Snoke.. They can still redeem Rey, Kylo and maybe Luke as force ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    Star Wars franchise has always been afraid of "The Force". They have continually refused to delve deeper into it. For me, the whole point of the Star Wars concept is THE FORCE. All this family relationship Disney BS about fathers and sons and lost parents etc.....That's Bambi level crap. Not interesting to me.

I would have loved to see a movie just about Yoda for instance. The blind monk guy in the previous movie....He was the most interesting character.

Too bad that they just totally chickened out. Disney ruined it. Too Christian.
    There is nothing to explain.. Force is mysterious, bit like gravity.. We know gravity is an attraction between objects and mass determines the strength of that attraction because it curves spacetime. We (starting with Einstein) realized at same time that it is very different from the other 3 forces (electromagnetism, strong force and weak force). We have not made much progress since in reconciling gravity with those other forces. We don't even know if gravity is composed of massless graviton particles or something else or if it is even composed of particles at all. We just don't know enough about gravity when you slice down our full knowledge..

Same thing about the force. Force just exists and they learned how to interact with it but their knowledge of it falls short of why it exists and what it truly is beyond the basics. There is really nothing

Serious playground baller

They had to bring back Palpatine because of how much they ****ed up the last movie, which should honestly just get redone. this new "trilogy" has no flow and is just lazily done on the fly. the movies don't even play on one another.

noone gave a **** about this new one coming out because of how shitty the last two were, but bring back a favorite from the original movies and now you got everyone forgetting just how shitty those movies are and they will flood to the box office in waves.

Just like what they did with the 5 second Vader and Maul scenes in the spinoff movies. absolutely noone likes any of these new characters

Like others have said, none of these new characters have the gravity that past SW characters had

Darth Maul holds down 2 jedi masters and the only to ever kill Liam Neeson in a film. Now in this timeline we see Kylo and Rey struggle hard to escape a few Snoke's royal guards? Weak

All the main characters are amateurs and shaking scared to wield a light saber

The only one pumping out testosterone is Poe Dameron

I refuse to watch this after the last two disgusting sjw steaming piles of crap.

Thinking back about the last 2, they make the jar jar prequels look amazing. They actually had characters, plot, villains etc..

Wtf have they done to this trilogy?? What a mess

Start wars is a shitty franchise

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    It still raises the question of where the hell was Palpatine for like 3 decades
    I'm thinking we'll find out Snoke=Palpatine or was his minion somehow.

What i didn't like is the whole force projection thing with Luke gives them a do over on a ton of events like Snokes "death". It's a free pass to retcon anything they want.
    Last edited by sdot_thadon; 04-14-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    I refuse to watch this after the last two disgusting sjw steaming piles of crap.

Thinking back about the last 2, they make the jar jar prequels look amazing. They actually had characters, plot, villains etc..

Wtf have they done to this trilogy?? What a mess

You can place all the blame for this squarely at the feet of Kathleen Kennedy. She has turned this once great franchise into a SJW / feminist power load of crap. Anyone who pays to watch this movie is just enabling Disney to keep the bitch Kennedy around. If people wise up and stay home making this a flop like Solo, Disney will have to shitcan Kennedy.

I hope Sidious is just a force ghost. Otherwise if he's truly still alive somehow it totally kills the Darth Vader redemption.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

This trilogy is all over the place. We have no clear villain in this trilogy as we did with the previous two trilogies.

Kylo turned out to be emo.

Snoke is dead.

And Palpatine is back??

Joke.
    Exactly

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

The Last Jedi was solid, but I'm not coming at it from the vantage point of a die-hard Star Wars fan. This, not so solid.