Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Steph Curry will be considered the GOAT PG

Win a FMVP

And win a championship without needing KD and beating teams missing there top key players then we can talk

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Win a FMVP

And win a championship without needing Wade and beating teams with there top key players injured then we can talk

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    Not as of right now. If he wins 1 more championship and 1 MVP, or 2 more championships it's certainly possible. Climbing Mr Rushmore, one beatdown at a time.
    Ya but **** all that rangz and FMVPs and trophies nonsense. How good is he as a basketball player compared to the other all-time great PGs? Who are you picking to take on your team? Curry's already nearing the end of his prime so he's a known quantity. Is he better at basketball than Zeke? I think he is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

He's in the discussion with Magic. He's the best shooter in history and it's not even close, prime Curry is a 27 ppg player with a 65 TS%, how many guys in the history of the game can say that?

His defense isn't really all that bad to be honest, he can typically stay in front of his man, but his lack of size can bring him trouble when guarding taller guys on switches. Magic was atrocious on the defensive end during the later part of his career, worse than Curry, but both play such a different style of basketball that it's hard to compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Ya but **** all that rangz and FMVPs and trophies nonsense. How good is he as a basketball player compared to the other all-time great PGs? Who are you picking to take on your team? Curry's already nearing the end of his prime so he's a known quantity. Is he better at basketball than Zeke? I think he is.

Easily. Zeke is way overrated. He loved to shoot but wasn't good at it. His career TS is over 10% worse than Curry's.

The only guys who have an argument over Curry are Stockton and Magic. Their styles are so different it is hard to make a comparison. It probably comes down to personal bias ie what you value in a pg.

I don't understand the Stockton love. Would easily take Zeke over him, and Stockton had some horrendous games in the playoffs.. esp in this era where people look at PPG he would have gotten crucified.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    I don't understand the Stockton love. Would easily take Zeke over him, and Stockton had some horrendous games in the playoffs.. esp in this era where people look at PPG he would have gotten crucified.
    Zeke wasn't even the best guard on own his team during their title runs. Dumars was better on both ends.

Steph is a top 3 offensive force in NBA history alongside MJ and Shaq. No matter what anyone says or thinks that is just a fact.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Nash and CP3 are better than Stockton and Zeke lol

Quite a bold prediction considering Curry has several weaknesses. I think Oscar is the #2 PG of all time still, with Curry #3.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Steph is a top 3 offensive force in NBA history alongside MJ and Shaq. No matter what anyone says or thinks that is just a fact.
    Someone who has as much trouble finishing near the rim as Curry does is not a top three offensive player all-time. Plus his scoring average is too low.

As a throwback example of someone who is a greater offensive player than Curry; Jerry West.
    Last edited by 72-10; 04-14-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Nash and CP3 are better than Stockton and Zeke lol

I was thinking of the all time lists that seem to always have magic and stockton at 1 and 2. Granted it has been a long time since i actually looked at those lists lol.

Personally i would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Best "3pt" shooter of all time. His lack of mid-range attempts and makes keeps him from being labeled best all around shooter.
    hit me with your greatest shooter list

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    Someone who has as much trouble finishing near the rim as Curry does is not a top three offensive player all-time. Plus his scoring average is too low.

LMAO Curry is stellar at finishing near the rim. For his career he shoots 64.6% from inside 3 feet.

Scoring average too low? He is the highest scoring pg ever with elite efficiency. He is averaging 27 ppg this season with a TS of 64%. Having said that Durant certainly belongs in the conversation.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-14-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10

As a throwback example of someone who is a greater offensive player than Curry; Jerry West.
    the fact you say shit like this amongst other gems while posing as a ball head is hilarious