Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What do you think of me?

J$ there are a lot of things I could say to you. These days, I value our conversations more than anything else I do on this forum. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, despite our important disagreements. I think you have sharper, clearer, and deeper insight than almost anyone I meet.

I can't really say I apologize for calling you gay or using some gif to poke fun at you, since it was all in jest anyway. But you told me I was now your enemy, and I will say I'm glad to see that you never really took that too seriously.

Namaste, my brother. We are different, and yet we are the same. I recognize the strength and goodness in you, and it inspires me toward ever more strength and goodness of my own. I wish you the best of fortune in everything you do.

[QUOTE=egokiller]This place is trollfest central. I don

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    since you made that sister thread and backtracked afterwards, no idea
    Didn’t you snitch on Hedo Turkoglu? At least treat yourself to a real beer from Baden-W

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I like you. I think you're a dork, but that's not a big deal. You tend to view things from unique perspectives, and I appreciate it. I've also been REALLY mean to you before, and you never gave a f*ck. So both sorry and props for that. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Fwiw, after J$ at #1, you are the #2 poster with whom I look forward to interacting. You're an interesting person. Your views are disturbing, and I like that. I'm not sure I can say that I like you, but I do really like reading what you have to say... even when I disagree. I hope you never leave this shithole. I would miss you.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Fwiw, after J$ at #1, you are the #2 poster with whom I look forward to interacting. You're an interesting person. Your views are disturbing, and I like that. I'm not sure I can say that I like you, but I do really like reading what you have to say... even when I disagree. I hope you never leave this shithole. I would miss you.
    I enjoy our dialogue.

My views aren't distributing. They're just more honest. Most people are liars... to others... to themselves... doesn't matter, same result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISbJUdCn0JI
    Last edited by Ben Simmons 25; 04-17-2019 at 10:56 PM.

My views aren't distributing. They're just more honest. Most people are liars... to others... to themselves... doesn't matter, same result.
    I agree, most people are not able to be honest with themselves. For some of us, there is a marked fear of the underworld. The desire to look away from the ugly realities of our world is strong with many of our bretheren.

But there are others like you and I, who not only seek inner honesty, but are even drawn to those same ugly realities like moths to a flame. I would bet you are the only ISH poster who has spent as much time watching real footage of people dying as I have. But of course, you are an atheist and I am something else... you seem to be a nihilist as well (or at least close to one)... so these darker sides of reality are more central to you than they are to me, despite my affinity for all things brutal.

Were you born in the early 1980s?

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

I agree, most people are not able to be honest with themselves. For some of us, there is a marked fear of the underworld. The desire to look away from the ugly realities of our world is strong with many of our bretheren.

But there are others like you and I, who not only seek inner honesty, but are even drawn to those same ugly realities like moths to a flame. I would bet you are the only ISH poster who has spent as much time watching real footage of people dying as I have. But of course, you are an atheist and I am something else... you seem to be a nihilist as well (or at least close to one)... so these darker sides of reality are more central to you than they are to me, despite my affinity for all things brutal.

Were you born in the early 1980s?

Seen a ton of up close and personal deaths on the internet... hundreds... none in person... or have I?

A philosophically inclined man of logic who is a lot less interested in basketball now than he was when he was younger. A man who's pushing 30 and feels like he has to fight everyday the impending urge to not give a **** about anything in life. But he doesn't understand why he feels like that. What he doesn't understand is that it's because the life he's been pursuing and to some extent built in the last 15 years isn't what he really wanted. However, he had no way to know this beforehand as it took him the 15 years to realize who he really was.

Seen a ton of up close and personal deaths on the internet... hundreds... none in person... or have I?
    Hopefully you have.

Would you have any good reason to not tell me your birthday if I asked you what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    A philosophically inclined man of logic who is a lot less interested in basketball now than he was when he was younger. A man who's pushing 30 and feels like he has to fight everyday the impending urge to not give a **** about anything in life. But he doesn't understand why he feels like that. What he doesn't understand is that it's because the life he's been pursuing and to some extent built in the last 15 years isn't what he really wanted. However, he had no way to know this beforehand as it took him the 15 years to realize who he really was.
    Well I was pushing thirty, but then thirty pushed back

This is exactly the kind of response I was hoping for. You don't give a f*ck about me so you can be completely honest. You're also very bright, so I am more likely to benefit from whatever you see.

At the moment, I don't find I agree much with what you said. I respect your mind though, so I will think about it. Why 15 years? I've only even been on ISH for five years... where did you come up with that number, even roughly?

As for what I think of you, there isn't all that much to say. You don't reveal too much about what kind of person you are on here, which is probably a good thing. You're very bright, have a good sense of humor, and my intuition tells me you are psychologically very healthy. Cool.

rank sentamentalist

You're one of my favourite posters. I've seen a few conversations between you and bensimmons but not enough to really get the dynamic. I'm curious about the believer v cynic vibe you guys have going on.

I'll ask about your name. What precisely are you providing to humanity in defiance of the Gods, Prometheus? What is your sin and our gift?

Good High School Starter

I visit the forums a couple times a day and I don't stick around long. I skip over a ton of posts but I find myself reading yours at a higher rate. I recognize you as a good poster.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    You're one of my favourite posters. I've seen a few conversations between you and bensimmons but not enough to really get the dynamic. I'm curious about the believer v cynic vibe you guys have going on.

I'll ask about your name. What precisely are you providing to humanity in defiance of the Gods, Prometheus? What is your sin and our gift?

I feel bad because you complimented me, yet I can honestly say I don't recognize you other than your name. I don't recall what you are about at all. It's probably because you don't have an avatar, and I'm operating on the level of a small child who reads picture books. I am sorry for being so stupid.

As for my name... there is only so much I can say... and yet, I want more than anything to tell you exactly why I call myself Prometheus... it is tricky to decide just what to tell. Prometheus is something which exists within each of us. He reflects the capacity to look upon the pages of history with fresh eyes. He impels one to stand when told to sit... yet it was also he who talked Rosa Parks into sitting when told to stand. Prometheus takes that which is obsolete, turns it 98 degrees on its side, and makes it new. When we have moments of epiphany, when our old ways of thinking are suddenly, shockingly replaced by new insights and awakenings... it is in these moments when we can hear Prometheus singing the loudest. When William Herschel discovered that Saturn wasn't actually the farthest planet from the Sun... he felt Prometheus tap him on the shoulder. Of course that trickster got him on the opposite shoulder, made him look the wrong way, thus the misnomer and all of its lulz.