Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: 1 year ago, the greatest video game ever released

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I have actually. I quit, though. Not because it was hard, but because it sucked ass. I hated the change in style. I recently replayed A link to the Past and it wasn't difficult at all. It was fairly easy, really. Not anymore more difficult than any newer action rpg games. There's also the fact that there are hard games if you actually want to play hard games. I'm playing Hollow Knight right now and that game is much harder than many of those older games.

lol i dunno whats more pathetic.. bragging about easly beating a link to the past or lieing about easly beating a link to the past.

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/a...yed.179299209/

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...-past/59704057

^ this ones kinda funny. people are like "did you play zelda 2?"

btw i can go back and beat a ton of games now that i know everything too... you're obviously a total loser because of these statements.

literally nobody with a brain will say todays games are anywhere near as difficult to beat as most NES and some SNES games

Stop the noise. You're entitled to your opinions, but Red Dead Redemption 2 is the greatest video game of all time. And that's coming from someone who thought that the first RD was a little overrated (but still great).

RDR2 likely get topped by the next Rockstar game, but until then, shishhhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    lol you've obviously never played zelda 2

and obviously theres harder games like ninja turtles 1.. just because i say original zeldas are harder than todays average games doesnt mean im saying theyre the hardest games there were. in fact i said games back then in general were harder. youre pulling some kblaze tactics. cut it out
    The games that were hard back then were games like ghosts and goblins, ninja gaiden and tyson's punchout. Bloodborne was a cake walk compared to these.

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    I remember when I was 11yo

Where's pokemon?
    Tbh, if I would see a GB with Pokemon Red in it I'd still play that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    The games that were hard back then were games like ghosts and goblins, ninja gaiden and tyson's punchout. Bloodborne was a cake walk compared to these.
    YES on ghosts and goblins. Hardest game I've ever beaten I do believe.

Remember Contra on the original NES? I played that game so much that I could beat it without taking a single bullet. I literally memorized where every enemy bullet was. I consider it a life achievement.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    lol i dunno whats more pathetic.. bragging about easly beating a link to the past or lieing about easly beating a link to the past.

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/a...yed.179299209/

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...-past/59704057

^ this ones kinda funny. people are like "did you play zelda 2?"

btw i can go back and beat a ton of games now that i know everything too... you're obviously a total loser because of these statements.

literally nobody with a brain will say todays games are anywhere near as difficult to beat as most NES and some SNES games

I would I lie about that? We're talking about video games and you are getting all bent out of shape and upset. You got issues, son.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I bought god of war like 6 months ago and still haven't played it. Video games get old, I've played most off kennys list. Shout out borderlands 2.

I remember reading those long ass notepad faqs to beat some lol...good times.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

While this is quite subjective...

As close to objectively speaking as possible... gaming peaked with Quake 3 back in 1999.

There was not a better game before that or after that.

There is nothing else that has literally ever been released that tests your hand eye coordination, reflexes and your cognitive ability... to that extent. Nothing. It doesn't exist.

And arena shooters such as Quake died off because... most people are either stupid, lack the hand eye coordination and or they're casual players. The skill ceiling and skill gap in terms of mastering those games got so incredibly high that the entire genre just died off.

Watch this guy some time...

https://www.twitch.tv/rapha

When he chooses to explain what's happening behind his eyes, it's quite mind blowing how many thoughts he's having ahead of time while also maintaining hand eye coordination and a level head. It's amazing, really.

Quake is the pinnacle of gaming. If you don't agree or don't understand, I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean anything. You're wrong. As I said... this is all subjective, but really looking at it from as close to an objective standpoint as humanly possible... it's Quake... it's always been Quake.
    Last edited by Ben Simmons 25; 04-19-2019 at 02:13 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Isn't quake a poor mans halo?

3 and reach were fun.

In terms of skill ceiling, Brood War is in a completely different universe from Quake and everything else. That whole rant you just posted was for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    In terms of skill ceiling, Brood War is in a completely different universe from Quake and everything else. That whole rant you just posted was for nothing.
    Hahahaha. Holy ****.. you couldn

Sorry bro, you're simply wrong this time. Brood War is in a league of its own. If we polled real gaming losers who have played everything, you would see that I am right.

Watch a fpvod of flash, jaedong, rain, bisu, sharp, or any other elite bw player. The multitasking, strategizing, and precision clicking are superhuman.

I dont care for games where you need to incessantly mash buttons. Maybe when I was like 15. Now, no thanks.